over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hypo on orals!

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
This is a little embarrassing to ask because it's sort of a newb question but I'm at a loss as to why this is happening so often now.

I've been taking metformin for a while. I was having great workouts with just HRT level test (and even off) and a little bit of gh. Great energy. I recently got back on a blast cycle with test/Deca/Adrol and I've been going hypo at damn near every workout where I was doing great before. More lethargic too. Nutrition is the same, all factors are the same basically except the cycle. I'm only on 50mg Adrol because I'm sensitive to orals. I get the lethargy because any orals usually make me feel shitty. But I'm not sure why I'm going hypo when preworkout carbs are seemingly adequate. Is it the increased glycogen retention and thus increased carb requirement from the gear? I jumped up in weight quickly and this is happening all the time now, ruining workouts. This has even happened when I had some intra HBCD carbs which makes no God damn sense at all.... Seems like blood sugar gets wonky when I take higher doses or use orals.

Hyponatraemia. Abnormally Low Sodium Levels | Patient.co.uk

Did a search and it seems that it may be hyponatremia (low blood sodium). I get this as well confirmed by bloodwork when on cycle sometimes and the symptoms are very similar to hypoglycemia. According to the article steroids can cause adrenal suppression which predisposes one to hyponatremia.

Hyponatraemia. Abnormally Low Sodium Levels | Patient.co.uk

Did a search and it seems that it may be hyponatremia (low blood sodium). I get this as well confirmed by bloodwork when on cycle sometimes and the symptoms are very similar to hypoglycemia. According to the article steroids can cause adrenal suppression which predisposes one to hyponatremia.

I guess that's a possibility. It's just odd. I was great before, cruising, then I'm on this oral and blast dosages a while and I get hypo like symptoms regardless of what I ate prior it seems. Just makes no sense but I've experienced this before and the common denominator seems to be dosage and especially the use of orals. But that's all I can come up with. I've got to hit some serious cream of rice or wheat like 30min before a workout and see what that does to rule out carb intake.

Considering you have been on metformin for a while and you insulin sensitivity should be very high if you are eating fast carbs and protein prior to hitting the gym it could be the hyper sensitivity causing you to go hypo.

Considering you have been on metformin for a while and you insulin sensitivity should be very high if you are eating fast carbs and protein prior to hitting the gym it could be the hyper sensitivity causing you to go hypo.

But I have been taking pharm grade gh over a year now, nonstop. Only been taking the metformin about 3 months or so to improve the insulin sensitivity as a result of chronic gh use. I probably shouldn't have included the metformin as a factor because it just confused things. I was perfect during workouts, even after having been on metformin a couple months. It didn't seem to affect anything. I was never getting hypo symptoms even on days when I didn't eat right smart.

But now, after being on blast cycle just a short bit, with oral Adrol, I'm feeling like shit and getting hypo like symptoms mid workout even when my carb consumption should be adequate. It's puzzling to me. I can only guess the carb demands due to glycogen retention/uptake have increased due to gear? But that seems silly too. Not sure why else I'm getting these symptoms. Sodium and hydration and stuff is all on point.

Last edited:
But I have been taking pharm grade gh over a year now, nonstop. Only been taking the metformin about 3 months or so to improve the insulin sensitivity as a result of chronic gh use. I probably shouldn't have included the metformin as a factor because it just confused things. I was perfect during workouts, even after having been on metformin a couple months. It didn't seem to affect anything. I was never getting hypo symptoms even on days when I didn't eat right smart.

But now, after being on blast cycle bit with orals, I'm feeling like shit and getting hypo like symptoms mid workout even when my carb consumption should be adequate. It's puzzling to me. I can only guess the carb demands due to glycogen retention/uptake have increased? But that seems silly too. Not sure why I'm getting these symptoms. Sodium and hydration and stuff is all on point.
Might just want to get a full blood panel then and see if anything seems like it could be the culprit.

Also, you keep saying hypo like symptoms, but which symptoms specifically are you getting? If you're getting dizzy, you may want to check your blood pressure. Hunger could just be from being anabolic as fuck.

Last edited:
Might just want to get a full blood panel then and see if anything seems like it could be the culprit.

Also, you keep saying hypo like symptoms, but which symptoms specifically are you getting? If you're getting dizzy, you may want to check your blood pressure. Hunger could just be from being anabolic as fuck.

My bp is OK. It's weakness, fatigue cold sweats (excessive sweating), just feel like I need to sit down, that hungry hypo type feel (hard to describe). Little mild light head but not excessive dizziness or anything. Pretty much exactly how I feel going hypo.

Going to hit complex carbs much closer to work out and see. My guess is the Adrol. Orals always make me have weird blood sugar type issues it seems. I feel shitty on even low dose orals too.

To GI Bro, did you ever figure out the cause. I've had these hypo symptoms happen to me twice and was trying to find out why and what I should do when it happens mid workout.

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

I was thinking the same thing...

Things to consider.
Are you eating a large meal (lots of carbs) shortly before working out?
Are you drinking enough water so that you're sure you aren't a little dehydrated?
Hard exercise can lower your blood pressure.
Adrol can result in high blood pressure.
Hypotension can occur during hard exercise to people who have elevated blood pressure that have eaten a meal shortly before exercising, and it can also occur if you become dehydrated.
Low blood pressure can occur suddenly and present similar symptoms as low blood sugar.

I almost passed out one day in the gym some years ago. I thought it was low blood sugar but after running a few tests my Dr. was convinced that it was from low blood pressure. He felt that I pushed too hard and probably became dehydrated causing a sudden drop on my BP that almost put me out.
Fwiw.

So would it be a better idea to skip the pre workout meal? I thought that would make side effects worse?

Sent from Men's Correctional Facility.

yeah.. must be the orals :rolleyes:

it'd help if you would detail your pre-workout meal and peri-workout meal... what kinda carbs, etc.

if you use a lot of simple carbs before your workout, you may be causing yourself to crash

Orals can slightly change the way your glucose changes cause it changes the digestion.. But it's all down to what kind of carbs and how many and when you consume them... You could always drink Gatorade while training if you can't afford intra shakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity