over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hypo!!!

beggar

Registered
OMG I went hypo today. I took 6 IU's of humulin R with my HGH. I then consumed a protein shake with a hundred grams of carbs. This time I actually had the next meal earlier than normal. I had a plate of spaghetti with rice and meatballs and pepper stake.

I was almost done with the meal when I can feel myself starting to skake. I thought to myself, "holy crap, I am going hypo!!!" I ran and grabbed a few bottles of cranberry juice. I drank one of them and started to feel better. I then grabbed another plate of spaghetti and drank the other cranberry juice while I was eating it. It was crazy.

The last time I went hypo was a few years ago when I took some Pslin and didn't consume enough carbs. Heck I've never had that problem with humulin R. Well atleast I knew what the signs were.

The Beggar

OMG I went hypo today. I took 6 IU's of humulin R with my HGH. I then consumed a protein shake with a hundred grams of carbs. This time I actually had the next meal earlier than normal. I had a plate of spaghetti with rice and meatballs and pepper stake.

I was almost done with the meal when I can feel myself starting to skake. I thought to myself, "holy crap, I am going hypo!!!" I ran and grabbed a few bottles of cranberry juice. I drank one of them and started to feel better. I then grabbed another plate of spaghetti and drank the other cranberry juice while I was eating it. It was crazy.

The last time I went hypo was a few years ago when I took some Pslin and didn't consume enough carbs. Heck I've never had that problem with humulin R. Well atleast I knew what the signs were.

The Beggar

Stop eating your carbs so quickly and that should solve the problem. With 6iu there is no reason to eat that many carbs IMO...thats just overkill. If you sipped on your shake for 10-20 mins then waited an hour to an hour and a half and ate your meal, you should have been fine. Slammingthe cranberry juice is the same problem...just sip on it and extend the period of time that the sugars raise your blood sugar levels as you want them to stay elevated longer due to the duration the slin is working. Otherwise all you are doing is making a large spike then they are dropping again due to the slin.

Well I normally take in that many carbs PWO. If I don't my energy levels stay down. Today for some reason I was very hungry. I normally don't eat that much for dinner. Infact the food I eat over here in Afghan normally makes me nauseous. I literally pigged out for dinner.

I'll try the sip technique with the shake. I do tend to slam it down PWO

The Beggar

That's the thing about slin. It will get you sooner or later no matter how careful you may be. I don't know anyone who ever ran much slin that doesn't have a hypo story, including myself. You have to always be prepared with something ( I always liked a high sugar protein bar) on you... in your pocket... just in case.

The Beggar

what kind of carbs did you have????

:cool:

Same thing happened to me today bro. Thank god I was at my buddies supplement store. What got me was it was 3 1/2 hrs after my workout! I carry glucose tabs during my workout but lets just say I have a bottle in my truck now...

Tenny, I use waxy maize before and during workout. I use it again in my Pwo protein shake. Maybe I should move to a slower burning carb Pwo. I just don't wanna take a change that there would not be enought carbs in my system during the peaks.

The Beggar

Being a diabetic I know the feeling well :(

Nothing personal kid1dakota, but you can have the hypo part ;) I had a nice eye opener about the decisions I make.

has being a diabetic affected you in the gym???

The beggar

Nothing personal kid1dakota, but you can have the hypo part ;) I had a nice eye opener about the decisions I make.

has being a diabetic affected you in the gym???

The beggar

Going hypo is no fun and can be scarey as hell.I have pretty much figured out my sugars and havent had a hypo episode in quite some time.

It hasn't affected me in the gym as far as strength or gains,but I am always paranoid about going hypo towards the end of workouts .Especially if I do cardio after lifting.I always bring glucose tabs and my meter with me.

I'm hypoglycemic- so I also know the feeling well. For a while I was going hypo multiple times a day. I have a better grasp now though.
If I'm bulking I'm fine, but when I'm cutting and not getting the calories my body wants, it's a battle trying to keep stable levels. What works wonders for me is taking a large dose of BCAAs. For some reason it really creates a balance with my levels- for hours at a time.

I was scered at first too, but then realise that you have plenty of time to consume carbs...yes, you fell disines and hands are shaking, but still you have plenty of time...

glucotabs also helps a lot....manipulating with your brains...

Stop eating your carbs so quickly and that should solve the problem. With 6iu there is no reason to eat that many carbs IMO...thats just overkill. If you sipped on your shake for 10-20 mins then waited an hour to an hour and a half and ate your meal, you should have been fine. Slammingthe cranberry juice is the same problem...just sip on it and extend the period of time that the sugars raise your blood sugar levels as you want them to stay elevated longer due to the duration the slin is working. Otherwise all you are doing is making a large spike then they are dropping again due to the slin.

Exactly! It wasn't the insulin that caused the hypo but the carbs!

I have treated plenty of people that have been hypo. One guy was screaming at the top of his lungs and swinging his catheter bag around when I went in his room. I had to get help to hold him down to check his blood sugar. To my suprize the monitor actually registered 19 for his BS. Usually at that low that particular monitor just read "low"!!!

People are scary when they get that low and, people are close to dying when they get that low!! The brain does everything it can to supply itself, when the supply of glucose is gone, things get real, REAL bad!!!

Glad you are okay. It's kind of a crap shoot with insulin administration sometimes, even under the most controlled circumstances at times!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws