over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hypothyroidism and gynecomastia connention

Fa Seeshus

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Undiagnosed or improperly treated hypothyroidism can increase prolactin. Just one of those things to consider if you have checked all other boxes and can't figure out why the nips acting weird.

Undiagnosed or improperly treated hypothyroidism can increase prolactin. Just one of those things to consider if you have checked all other boxes and can't figure out why the nips acting weird.
Excess testosterone levels can cause hypothyroidism by shutting down t3 receptors. Hypothyroidism will give off all the symptoms of high estrogen but along with dry skin and hair. Seems to be something I suffer from and taken years to accept or believe. I have never seen it discussed anywhere on a steroid board and i only have to have marginally high test levels to have problems. Add tren to the mix which is believed to slow thyroid and I think that's why tren has always given me gyno that no da has prevented and only extremely high levels of ai seem to stop.

Excess testosterone levels can cause hypothyroidism by shutting down t3 receptors. Hypothyroidism will give off all the symptoms of high estrogen but along with dry skin and hair. Seems to be something I suffer from and taken years to accept or believe. I have never seen it discussed anywhere on a steroid board and i only have to have marginally high test levels to have problems. Add tren to the mix which is believed to slow thyroid and I think that's why tren has always given me gyno that no da has prevented and only extremely high levels of ai seem to stop.

Yes, it can get very complicated and you probably want to run a comprehensive thyroid panel that also includes things like reverse T3. I know with mine the standard treatment with syntheroid made prolactin worse while adding T3 to the mix fixed the issue. I'd find a doctor you can be honest with. Things like GH, test, tren, SARMs, etc will all skew things so they need to know.

If your doctor does not know what you are on and sees labs with elevated prolactin, they might think you have a brain tumor and start ordering MRIs, etc.

News to me.

@OuchThatHurts Page 1 of thread and this has already gone off the rails 😂

4. Hypothyroidism Caused by Decreased TBG​

This is the mirror image of the pattern above. When TBG levels are low, levels of free thyroid hormone will be high. You might think this would cause hyperthyroid symptoms. But too much free thyroid hormone in the bloodstream causes the cells to develop resistance to it. So, even though there’s more than enough thyroid hormone, the cells can’t use it and you’ll have hypothyroid—not hyperthyroid—symptoms.

With this pattern, TSH and T4 will be normal. If tested, T3 will be high, and T3 uptake and TBG will be low.

Decreased TBG is caused by high testosterone levels. (5) In women, it is commonly associated with PCOS and insulin resistance. Reversing insulin resistance and restoring blood sugar balance is the key to treating this pattern.

Another reference:

Defect #4 – Thyroid binding globulin (TBG)​

If there is not enough thyroid binding globulin, there can be too much free thyroid hormone available for cells. While this doesn’t sound like a problem, elevated free thyroid hormone shuts down receptor sites and can therefore cause hypothyroid symptoms, despite high free thyroid hormone levels. The most common cause of this is elevated testosterone in both men and women.

I was hoping you'd would know more about it and offer some insight. To an extent I was just touching on @Fa Seeshus comment about hypothyroidism and prolactin and the idea that high testosterone levels can cause hypothyroidism which becomes a cascading effect and potentially prolactin and gyno issues.

That is a tricky question because hypothyroidism and high testosterone can be relative terms. People who have low androgen levels and are hypothyroid (I'm not a doc, so i'm butchering some terms here) might see an increase in actual active t3 when adequate levels are achieved... So in my case testosterone therapy (before i was prescribed thyroid meds) initially helped lower my TSH levels and I had less hypothyroid symptoms... Even if some of the markers like T4 levels were getting worse. More of the same can happen with the addition of GH.

The testosterone and GH are like opening a faucet so more hot water is in the tub (your metabolism) but at the same time the storage tank is getting drained (showing hypothyroidism in the BW).

4. Hypothyroidism Caused by Decreased TBG​

This is the mirror image of the pattern above. When TBG levels are low, levels of free thyroid hormone will be high. You might think this would cause hyperthyroid symptoms. But too much free thyroid hormone in the bloodstream causes the cells to develop resistance to it. So, even though there’s more than enough thyroid hormone, the cells can’t use it and you’ll have hypothyroid—not hyperthyroid—symptoms.

With this pattern, TSH and T4 will be normal. If tested, T3 will be high, and T3 uptake and TBG will be low.

Decreased TBG is caused by high testosterone levels. (5) In women, it is commonly associated with PCOS and insulin resistance. Reversing insulin resistance and restoring blood sugar balance is the key to treating this pattern.

Another reference:

Defect #4 – Thyroid binding globulin (TBG)​

If there is not enough thyroid binding globulin, there can be too much free thyroid hormone available for cells. While this doesn’t sound like a problem, elevated free thyroid hormone shuts down receptor sites and can therefore cause hypothyroid symptoms, despite high free thyroid hormone levels. The most common cause of this is elevated testosterone in both men and women.

I was hoping you'd would know more about it and offer some insight. To an extent I was just touching on @Fa Seeshus comment about hypothyroidism and prolactin and the idea that high testosterone levels can cause hypothyroidism which becomes a cascading effect and potentially prolactin and gyno issues.
Sure, there's a sex-related difference in thyroid function. The study cited in support of this claim is in transsexuals transitioning female-to-male, showing that endogenous male circulating testosterone levels lowers TBG & increases T3/T4 ratio when replacing high endogenous estrogens with high endogenous testosterone.

There's no dose-related effect of testosterone on thyroid function in men (i.e., any relevance to supraphysiological androgen use).

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws