over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Hypothyroidism

emeric delczeg

IFBB PRO / Verified Customer
IFBB PROS
Registered
Verified Customer
Did you know that 6% of the USA population have thyroid disease.
I sugest that every one of you and your family members have tested for. You may have it and you don`t know it.

TSH

Hi,

I just had my TSH tested and found it to be 8.3 on a scale of about 3-5, which is very high, meaning Hypothyroidism.

Doc started me on Synthroid 50 mcg ED about 3 weeks ago, and need to get retested a month out to see where my level is at.

After starting it, I noticed that I slept more deeply, and was generally more tired than I already was. Now, I think it is working more and I feel more 'up' and my weight is slowly coming down.

It takes awhile to dial in the right dosage, so I am hoping it will work out, just want to get in the 'normal' range to be healthy, as hypothyroidism can contribute to bad symptoms and ill health...

wow , i figured it would be higher than that.

Do you feel this is somthing that our lifestyles is doing to us or just an uncontrolable factor?

Hi,

I just had my TSH tested and found it to be 8.3 on a scale of about 3-5, which is very high, meaning Hypothyroidism.

Doc started me on Synthroid 50 mcg ED about 3 weeks ago, and need to get retested a month out to see where my level is at.

After starting it, I noticed that I slept more deeply, and was generally more tired than I already was. Now, I think it is working more and I feel more 'up' and my weight is slowly coming down.

It takes awhile to dial in the right dosage, so I am hoping it will work out, just want to get in the 'normal' range to be healthy, as hypothyroidism can contribute to bad symptoms and ill health...

You can cure it naturally by taking iodine supplement.

wow , i figured it would be higher than that.

Do you feel this is somthing that our lifestyles is doing to us or just an uncontrolable factor?

Usually is lifestyle, not enough iodine in your diet.

thats intersting especialy with the new big push to use Sea salt rather than iodized salt and such.
I bet this is somthing that a very very small amount of people have any idea about

Yes, and there are many bad chemicals that messes with your thyroid too... one that is really bad is flouride.

To have a healthy thyroid you should eat all organic (most pesticides contains flourides) and use tothpaste without flouride.

found out i had it a few years ago when i was getting pre cycle blood work before my first test cycle. havent really noticed a big difference tbh from taking synthroid cept i guess my levels are in the normal range on the piece of paper lol.

ive always had a baby face even when i cut down. always wondered if it was because of the thyroid issue as one of the symptoms is bloating lol. and it only happens to my face.

thats intersting especialy with the new big push to use Sea salt rather than iodized salt and such.
I bet this is somthing that a very very small amount of people have any idea about

Real unprocessed sea salt is a good natural source of iodine!

Real unprocessed sea salt is a good natural source of iodine!

Maybe thats what i was thinking of then , couldent remember what the exact reason was to use Sea Salt. I don't use any salt in my house , every once in a while i'll use some cajun seasoning and that has alot of soduim

how much iodine is a good starting dose ?how much kelp?

im waiting to have my thyroid tested prorperly (not just tsh which has been done)
can iodine affect blood results ?

Did you know that 6% of the USA population have thyroid disease.
I sugest that every one of you and your family members have tested for. You may have it and you don`t know it.

emeric how would you help a low t3 output yet normal t4 output whilst on cycle?

emeric how would you help a low t3 output yet normal t4 output whilst on cycle?

The natural way : take a combination of iodine, tyrosin and selenium, selenium inhance conversion of the incative T4 into the active T3.

Or with medication: Synthroid, I would try first the natural way.

emric ,this topic is of great interest to me as i suspect i am hypothyroid .

please can you tell me a good starting dose of iodine to start with ?

can steroid use contribute to hypothyroidism ?

emric ,this topic is of great interest to me as i suspect i am hypothyroid .

please can you tell me a good starting dose of iodine to start with ?

can steroid use contribute to hypothyroidism ?

You can take up to 900microgram per day, I don`t think that anabolics contribuite, but low carbohydrate diet yes.

Take you body temperature 10 minute beffore getting out of bed in the morning if is 97.8 to 98.2 is normal if is less than 97.8 your thyroid function is sluggish.

A couple of good reads on iodine and thyroid, they are short and simple:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I have spoken with Terry Lemerond and he views iodine as the next vitamin d, for years we were told not to take more than 400iu's of D as it is toxic. This turns out to be far less than many needed. He believes similar trends will emerge with iodine. We were told 150mcgs is enough and never to exceed 1mg but many populations who have great health receive far more in their diets.

Last edited:
The Benefits of Iodine
Michael Arnold Glueck, M.D., and Robert J. Cihak, M.D., The Medicine Men
Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2007
Reprint Information
Book on Katie Couric Makes Waves
White House: We're Not Subject to FOIA
FBI Seeks 2 Mysterious Men on Ferry
Publisher: Conservatives Do Read As Much As Liberals
Romney Shrugs Off Mormon History Film

As many people know, the human body needs the element iodine (I), atomic number 53, to make thyroid hormones.

Yet the body apparently uses iodine for several additional purposes, according to Dr. Donald Miller, a heart surgeon practicing at the University of Washington. He recently published a new review "Extrathyroidal Benefits of Iodine" in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons (Vol. 11, No. 4, Winter 2006, Pages 106-110, available at http://www.jpands.org/vol11no4/millerd.pdf.

How Much Is Enough?

The thyroid needs only a small quantity of iodine to make its hormones, about 0.1-0.15 milligrams per day, according to the experts who determine the "recommended dietary allowance" (RDA), a phrase recently escalated to "reference daily intake" (RDI).

Miller believes that this recommended dietary allowance for iodine "is far too low" — perhaps one hundred times too low.

He bases his conclusions on a wide variety of biochemical and biological evidence, including observations on the health of people who have lot of iodine in their diet and those who have only a little.

For example, he contrasts the American average daily iodine intake of 0.24 milligrams with the Japanese average of about 45 milligrams, almost 200 times as much.

Story Continues Below

Lessons From the East

"Although one cannot draw cause-and-effect conclusions by looking at single factors in the context of general health statistics, the incidence of breast cancer in the United States is the highest in the world, and in Japan, until recently, it was the lowest.

"Japanese women who emigrate from Japan or adopt a Western-style diet have a higher rate of breast cancer compared with those who eat seaweed." Seaweed is a potent source of iodine and common in the Japanese diet.

He also notes, "Life expectancy in Japan is 81.25 years, compared to 77.85 years in the United States. Infant mortality rate in Japan is the lowest in the world, 3.5 deaths under age 1 per 1,000 live births, half the infant mortality rate in the United States.

"While no conclusions can be drawn from such figures concerning the benefits of iodine supplementation, they do suggest that iodine intake nearly 200 times greater than in the United States is unlikely to be toxic."

Can you take too much iodine?

It's possible, but it takes some doing. One 54-year-old man mistook a supersaturated potassium iodide (SSKI) preparation in his aunt's refrigerator for iced tea and consumed 15,000 milligrams of iodine. He had some irregular heartbeats and swelling but had no other problems.

Even so, "it is important to remember . . . that some individuals are oversensitive to iodine, particularly in SSKI and topical skin preparations . . ." according to Miller.

Worthy of Investigation

Medical reports suggest a small number of patients may have suffered iodide-induced autoimmune thyroiditis, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. As with just about anything new, it's a good idea to include a reasonable dose of caution and watch out for possible side effects.

Several medical studies indicate that "iodine effectively relieves signs and symptoms of fibrocystic breast disease." Miller believes "it is reasonable to hypothesize that fibrocystic disease of the breast and breast cancer may, like goiter and cretinism, be iodine-deficiency disorders."

Miller also comments on research currently underway at the Iodine Project founded by Guy Abraham, M.D., a former professor of obstetrics and gynecology at UCLA.

The Project's hypothesis is that "whole body sufficiency of iodine requires a daily intake of 12.5 milligrams." The Project has enrolled more than 4,000 human subjects who take daily doses ranging from 12 to 100 milligrams. So far, these investigators "have found that iodine reverses fibrocystic disease; their diabetic patients require less insulin; hypothyroid patients need less thyroid medication; symptoms of fibromyalgia resolve; and patients with migraine headaches stop having them."

Until more research confirms these preliminary results, iodine supplements won't be part of standard medical recommendations. So, if you think you might benefit from more iodine in your diet, you'll have to do more of your own research.

Miller's article is a good place to start.

Editor's Note: Robert J. Cihak wrote this week's column.

that seems very low dose ?
is that enough if deficient ?
how much selenium?

yes my basal temp is always low 97ish

thanks for reply

that seems very low dose ?
is that enough if deficient ?
how much selenium?

yes my basal temp is always low 97ish

thanks for reply

900mcg is not that low, start with 900mcg for 6 weeks and 50 to 60 mcg selenium, and check you body temperature every morning, if after 6 weeks is no change then go up to1500mcg.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws