advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I absolutely love stuff like this! Absolutely love it!

I definitely think the best way to grow big for guys is basically how that guy done it. Too many are too scared to go above 10% when bulking so they limit their potential mass gains. Obviously no one should get fat but getting heavier and using the extra strength to your advantage and pushing the weights and food over time and establishing new reset points through the years will yield the fastest results. It's always good to see guys transforming over time. BH69 as I stated in the pic thread you have made amazing progress. Your last pics (not posted on here) were you have dieted down show it even more.

So do you guys think you can make these drastic changes with just 300-500 calories over maintenance?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

So do you guys think you can make these drastic changes with just 300-500 calories over maintenance?

For myself personally I've tried it a few times and I notice a significant difference when I eat 1000+ calories over maintenance compared to when I only eat 250-500 over. I've logged and weighed all my food to keep track as well to make sure I was being accurate. Obviously it's going to take a little longer dieting down, but it's worth it imo. Esp when coming off a layoff or something like that than it's even more of a dramatic difference. This is my experience, I know some people will preach and say the muscles can only utilize "x amount of protein/calories" .

Awesome read, glad this got bumped back up even though I've already read all of ir before it definitely is a good read everytime. Will be using a similiar approach with Jordan Peters this offseason who is definitely inspired by Dante - progressive eating, progressive lifting and adequate supplementation. Will be interesting to see where it takes me :)

For myself personally I've tried it a few times and I notice a significant difference when I eat 1000+ calories over maintenance compared to when I only eat 250-500 over. I've logged and weighed all my food to keep track as well to make sure I was being accurate. Obviously it's going to take a little longer dieting down, but it's worth it imo. Esp when coming off a layoff or something like that than it's even more of a dramatic difference. This is my experience, I know some people will preach and say the muscles can only utilize "x amount of protein/calories" .
I would think some numbers people preach about muscles/body can only utilize so much protein/calories go out the window when you are using AAS, insulin/hgh.
So it actually makes sense you could gain more whem you think about it if you put drugs and heavy weights into the equation.

Of course. But is that 300-500 calories above your maintenance when you start? I think it's hard to fully gauge things especially when you starting lifting bigger and taking into consideration drugs building up in your system etc. That's why I agree with what Sazo75 wrote as long as you are training brutally hard. Everyone is different though and your starting point is a massive factor. If you are coming off a deload period bumping calories quite a lot whilst adding in a more intense training system could work wonders to begin with. I personally don't think nothing of upping calories about 1000 in one go but everyone is different.

The obvious approach to me is you add a little calories and see how you are. You don't want to rush things but you also don't want to limit gains so as long as you are not getting much fatter add calories a little more until you find a good balance. It's about taking slow steps and knowing when to have a break too.

I know Rich Piana received abuse but if you forget about certain details and look at the way he actually approached food (or atleast what he said) it was a great approach. I don't believe he was eating that much but the small increases every few weeks if you are progressing is a sound one. Sure somethings he said/done were simply wrong but forgetting about all the crap his overall approach of gradually increasing things (food, cardio... and in your case weights) you could turn your body into a muscle building machine over time :)

Thanks! (and thanks to everyone else that I'm not quoting as well)

About 5 years to the 2011 picture. I started around 130lbs. This picture was ~6mos after I had started with a whopping 10.5" arms. I was in my 20s already too so this wasn't your common teenager hits puberty and gets some size situation.

Certainly not the best genetics for BBing but I've had plenty of time to try and override that.

bD5fA7F.jpg

When did you start using AAS?

Certainly a lot better progress from 2011-2017 than 2006-2011.

I'm asking because I have been training for 9 years myself and haven't really improved the last 1-2 years. Was thinking it was just my shitty genes(hit max) but you have made serious progress even though you have been training longer than me.

I'm asking because I have been training for 9 years myself and haven't really improved the last 1-2 years. Was thinking it was just my shitty genes(hit max) but you have made serious progress even though you have been training longer than me.

Look at your diet and training.

1) not eating enough / not progressively eating
2) not utilizing progressive overload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After the 2011 picture, when I dieted down for my first show.

Look at your diet and training.

1) not eating enough / not progressively eating
2) not utilizing progressive overload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ this. That's really all I've been doing for years...somewhere around 2014 I started trying to train more like a bodybuilder and seriously develop a mind muscle connection / keep muscle under tension / put mass where it needed it most (since it was clear I wasn't going to be a mass monster...I decided that strategic improvements / symmetry would give me an edge and make the small amounts I was adding look like more).

After the 2011 picture, when I dieted down for my first show.

^ this. That's really all I've been doing for years...somewhere around 2014 I started trying to train more like a bodybuilder and seriously develop a mind muscle connection / keep muscle under tension / put mass where it needed it most (since it was clear I wasn't going to be a mass monster...I decided that strategic improvements / symmetry would give me an edge and make the small amounts I was adding look like more).

So you look bigger than you really are? I think thats the deal with me! lol

I'm definitely no pro, and haven't even competed in a national show yet, but wanted to share this.

When I first got here this was one of the original threads I read that really "spoke" to me. So I decided I'd do exactly what it said. I also read Dante's adductor suggestions for guys lacking a sweep and put that into practice as well (in addition to many other things from him and others on this board...but these two have always stuck with me since the beginning).

I don't have the best size genetics, but this method definitely has worked for me and my extreme metabolism / propensity to be a skinny guy. My results are nowhere near as drastic as these guys posted, but here they are anyways (the first pic was close to when I first joined here).

FeFhFDN.jpg

FWIW, the 2014 picture was before I dieted down to compete @ 176 (haven't competed since then), the 2016 picture was ~237lbs (I eventually peaked at 247lbs earlier this year) and the 2017 picture is ~215lbs (22lb difference between the two pictures, first time dieting since 2014--stacked on about 23-25lbs of muscle since 2014).
You are kicking ass bro, very nice work!!! Most would have cried about genetics this and that, bullshit in my opinion! Hard work and consistency will always pay off genetics or not and you are proof of that.

You are kicking ass bro, very nice work!!! Most would have cried about genetics this and that, bullshit in my opinion! Hard work and consistency will always pay off genetics or not and you are proof of that.

Thanks bro!

As far as crying genetics goes I feel like I'm guilty of it from time to time when I'm frustrated (who isn't?)--but I never used it as an excuse to stop, just realized what the limitations of them meant and adjusted my attitude towards bodybuilding and how I approached things accordingly. For instance, I always told myself I'd do the best I could with what I was given and keep an open-mind / try different things--i.e. never consider myself an "expert" as there's always something to be learned.

There's so much information here and everywhere online that I believe anybody can overcome their genetics to a measurable degree if they're just willing to put in the trial / error required, work hard and be consistent (like you mentioned), and see the process through.

So on the training aspect of all of this is there a need for what guys call a burn out set or high rep set at the end of an exercise? Say you pyramid up on incline barbell with 315 for say 6 reps should you be done with that exercise or is there anything growth wise to be achieved or worth the time in dropping down to say 225 and getting as many reps as you can or is that just a waste of time and energy?

Bodybuilding is all about volume. I don't think any extra reps or sets or exercises are a "waste of time. " If you are still feeling it, I'd say to keep on going..lol. But, I'm no pro, so take it with a grain of salt😁

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bodybuilding is all about volume. I don't think any extra reps or sets or exercises are a "waste of time. " If you are still feeling it, I'd say to keep on going..lol. But, I'm no pro, so take it with a grain of salt😁

Imo, we as bodybuilders have evolved past the old ways of training 1 bodypart a week for hourss w endless reps and sets like they did back in 70s... checkout DC training, hes the guy who made this thread :lightbulb:

Last edited:
So, that brings up an interesting question..when is enough,enough? For guys that don't use much, if any gear?

Imo, we as bodybuilders have evolved past the old ways of training 1 bodypart a week for hourss w endless reps and sets like they did back in 70s... checkout DC training, hes the guy who made this thread :lightbulb:

For me, high volume has only ever resulted in very slow gains and joint injuries. It works for some (maybe former athletes used to a high workload)...but most will see better gains (I truly believe) smashing hard on a few exercises, getting the job done and going home so they can get back to it and improve on the next session.

For me, high volume has only ever resulted in very slow gains and joint injuries. It works for some (maybe former athletes used to a high workload)...but most will see better gains (I truly believe) smashing hard on a few exercises, getting the job done and going home so they can get back to it and improve on the next session.

Hmmm, i've always wondered why when I try to do a few more sets per exercise that I start getting nagging injuries that keep getting worse then I back off of that and start feeling better in a few weeks :cool:

This!!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity