Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Board Supporter
9mm gone Medieval.

Attachments

• 2mo713l.jpg
    2mo713l.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 2,638
Nice.... That certainly is some wicked looking expansion.

My current favorite for carry rounds are Corbon - DPX . The all copper bullet expands even after passing through denium and other mediums that tend to clog most hollow points.

Attachments

• corbon1.jpg
    corbon1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,903
Very nice. Federal premium and hornady are my favorites when it comes to factory ammo

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My current favorite for carry rounds are Corbon - DPX . The all copper bullet expands even after passing through denium and other mediums that tend to clog most hollow points.

Aren't you in an Anti-HP climate? Do HP's expand thru Polar Bear Jackets?

Nice little copper flower of death.

Last edited:

I don't know a thing about bullets or guns, but that sure is one lovely copper flower!

Attachments

• corbon1.jpg
    corbon1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 763
One day me and my dad were at a public range and a cop walks by as he looked at our rigs... then says "I will need to take those sir" refering to the talons my dad stupidly left sitting right on top of the ammo box. At least he was cool and didnt want to run us or give any tickets. Had a whole box of em.

Hornady and Federal both make a couple nice hallow points. Use to carry CCI/Speer but the gold dots have a hard time going thru car doors. I shot a raccoon that was rabid point blank and it kept coming with a gold dot, shot a deer right thru the top of the skull from 5-8 ft and it didn't penetrate all the way, both with 40 cal, so no more gold dots.

If you want some really hot 9mm give Doubletap Ammo a try,several different types available with different bullets but all are hot. Of special interest and one I use in my LC9 is a 80 grain Barnes TAC-TXP designed for super compacts. Uses a non plus P but achieves 1600 fps with good penetration and expansion. Makes a 9 super effective defense pocket or ankle carry while making it easier to keep on target.

Best part for me when I buy the 147+p HSTs is I get 50rds in a case for 30 bucks or under...corbon etc for the dpx and pow'rball etc your looking at 20rds a box for same price... sigh no thank you.. not with my wallet lol

a good bud of mine swears but the ranger xt's which is a very similar designed round but unfortunately the 147's are std load, i like the little extra umph of the +p load so thats where hst's won me over... and as I've learned.. the trade off of heavier round but with +p they have about same recoil as shooting std load 115/124 fmj with targets

I ahem saw a couple of boxes of those, I believe they were labeled "Pre-cut controlled expansion for law enforcement use only".Check this out, 12 Gauge Flechette round test. 12 Gauge Flechette round test - YouTube nasty little things that I believe are made of some type of ceramic or plastic so surgeons can't find em'.

Last edited:
Being from the UK i no very little about guns and posting pics of hollow tips seems crazy to me (crazy in a good way).

Isnt it fooked up that being from the UK if i post pics of bullets etc i would then sit and wait for a knock at the door from the police, however, if i was still into competative bodybuilding and juicing heavily i could happily post pics of all my gear (up to 6 months personal useage) without any reprise :banghead:

Being from the UK i no very little about guns and posting pics of hollow tips seems crazy to me (crazy in a good way).

Isnt it fooked up that being from the UK if i post pics of bullets etc i would then sit and wait for a knock at the door from the police, however, if i was still into competative bodybuilding and juicing heavily i could happily post pics of all my gear (up to 6 months personal useage) without any reprise :banghead:

That's because you can't fight tyranny with aas. The U.S. will follow suit shortly

pics of "flowers"

Nice comparisons...

Attachments

• round comparisons.jpg
    round comparisons.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 7,477
seeing that you are running a 9mm you must be shooting your wife or daughters gun huh , becuase 9's are for bitches !!:p
(just jerking your chain brother)

I haven't gotten to do any ballistic media testing with the HST's yet but I'm hearing good stuff on their stopping abilities.

I typically run Cor-Bon 185-200g +p though my 45 it's a good balance of speed and sectional density for expansion and penitration and the opening initiates rapid expansion even though thick clothing.

for a civilian defense round i still like the Glazer and Mag Safe pre frag rounds , their expansion is instant couple with decient penitration but little to no change of a pass though and the ricochet risk is cut WAY WAY back.

the most important thing if finding a round your weapon eats reliably and you can shoot accurately , I'd rather see sombody shooting a 380 with a ball round which they can make accurate hits with than sombody shooting a hot 10mm with the newest super wiz bang hyper killer slugs that they can't hit shit with !!

I'll take 3 slow weak hits over 20 fast misses all damn day

(the 9mm statement was simply a poor attempt to screw with TC , please please please , do not take that as a cut down on that caliber !! a well fed 9 is more than enough gun for ANYBODY , I've trusted my life to one more than any other pistol round with zero regrets)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear