YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I barely eat until I get home late....what are the negatives of that?

FrancisK

Verified Customer
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
So business has been crazy lately I’ve been slammed. All day I really don’t eat much, coffee, hard boiled eggs, protein bar, protein shake, peanut butter sandwich....not all of those things but some combination of two or 3 of them very small portions I just throw in my mouth when I find a free minute. Then I leave work at night go to the gym and get home, usually home around 9, where I slam food....not bad food but I eat a lot because I’m usually starving.

Is this an issue in regards to gaining fat and something I need to change or is it something that is not so much of a factor?

Non factor. Calories consumed < calories burned is all that matters. Just make sure to be drinking enough water throughout the day. Replace PB sandwhich with a salad or tuna

Perfect thank you I figured as much, I chug water all day and forgot to mention I start every morning before leaving the house by stuffing my mouth with power greens like a wild animal....just makes it easier to get my greens 🤦🏻‍♂️

Maybe try to get some protein in you in the morning as well since most of the day will be limited. Unless you eat the hard boiled eggs around 10am or so

Maybe try to get some protein in you in the morning as well since most of the day will be limited. Unless you eat the hard boiled eggs around 10am or so

I don’t but I can start doing that, thank you for the advice.

So you eat greens upon waking at what time? Then when do you eat next? How about before the gym? Anything to give you some energy ?

So you eat greens upon waking at what time? Then when do you eat next? How about before the gym? Anything to give you some energy ?

Wake up shoot my GH, shower do all the morning shit, stuff my face with greens around 10am, pick up coffee on the way to work. I’ll usually eat something easy when I get there and snack on the shit i listed throughout the day. Gym around 8 home around 9 and eat like I’ve never seen food before lay around for a few hours and go to bed back at it the next day....

It’s all good if you are eating clean. Gotta be tough getting through a workout like that though. How long have you been doing this? Are you satisfied with progress? I always make my adjustments after I assess how my body responds to what I’ve been doing. If it is working -stick with it. If not- make adjustments. I doubt you will gain fat if your doing this and eating clean.

How do you currently look and feel? You will be the first one to know if you need to change things and get a proper meal plan together.

caveman style. mike rashid who looks good for an IG cat supposedly does this. I remember a few old school pros to but i cant remember who.

I do it almost every day. You won't shrivel up and blow away, I promise. Total calories matter most

Its still clories in vs calories out. Sure, you can get anal with blood sugar and insulin, but it isnt a huge difference. As long as you physically feel fine you are good to go.

A lot of guys do IF and have no problem maintaining weight and can gain muscle on it.

I know when not fasting and have limited food options I go for no carb / low carb. I feel like shit (more hunger and tired) if I have a 'snack' after an hour. So I go for hardboiled eggs, cold pre scrambled egg whites, tuna out a can, and beef amino pills. I used to do a PB sandwhich before bed (one piece of bread with a load of peanut butter) and crashed after a bit. So I avoid it now unless I can actually eat a meal or am in an eating window when fasting.

Pretty much what I do, work, slam 1k cal and slin, workout, go home slam 2k and watch netflix till I pass out. All meals cooked, the good life. Wake up do dishes, cardio, coffee, work, repeat

Totally OK. Lots of people do this.
If you were trying to grow, i'd probably have a different POV.
But if the goal is to just maintain on this hectic work schedule, it totally works.

Exactly. If I'm trying to grow, I still maintain the same, but just squeeze another meal in

Exactly. If I'm trying to grow, I still maintain the same, but just squeeze another meal in
100%
But even then i think it would be difficult.
Even at 2 meals, getting in the amount of calories you need to grow would be somewhat difficult.
I think getting in the fats and carbs might work, but the amount of protein one would have to eat in 2 meals to push a surplus would be nuts.

Honestly, meal timing doesn't have to always be on point. It just works because most of us can't eat 3lbs of meat in one sitting (along with allll the carbs and fats need to grow). If I was going to do that, i'd supplement multiple shakes in during the day as you're running around busy at work. By the time you're off, you could have a last big meal and still use that to try and cover your carb/fat macros.

Here's what I used to do when appetite sucked but it would also work in your case.

1.5-2 cups water
2 packs flavored low sugar quaker oatmeal
1 scoop whey iso
1 scoop casein
2 tablespoons natty PB

Blend ahead of time and you're set for the day.

In theory would something like this work for someone trying to add muscle in a slight surplus (say that number was 3500 calories).

Meal 1 pre, 1k calories protein carbs slin
Postworkout
Meal 2 1500 calories protein and carbs
Meal 3 1000 calories protein and fat about 2 hours later

Total about a 8 hour feeding window. Any less effective than regular meals, thoughts anyone?

In theory would something like this work for someone trying to add muscle in a slight surplus (say that number was 3500 calories).

Meal 1 pre, 1k calories protein carbs slin
Postworkout
Meal 2 1500 calories protein and carbs
Meal 3 1000 calories protein and fat about 2 hours later

Total about a 8 hour feeding window. Any less effective than regular meals, thoughts anyone?
Think that can totally work.
I think the main issue with meals like that is just to be sure you have the appetite to kill it all.
Personally, I'd put that pre-WO meal like 3 hours before my workout. It's a BIG MEAL and i want it to be semi-digested before I hit the gym. I hate having a full stomach in the gym.

I might just have that meal. Then shoot slin before hitting the gym so I ride that into my large PWO meal of protein and carbs.

Personally, I'd put that pre-WO meal like 3 hours before my workout. It's a BIG MEAL and i want it to be semi-digested before I hit the gym. I hate having a full stomach in the gym.
Totally agree! I'd probably even shift more calories (at least food volume) away from the pre-workout window. Otherwise, a full stomach ruins my workouts.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131