YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I barely eat until I get home late....what are the negatives of that?

Think that can totally work.
I think the main issue with meals like that is just to be sure you have the appetite to kill it all.
Personally, I'd put that pre-WO meal like 3 hours before my workout. It's a BIG MEAL and i want it to be semi-digested before I hit the gym. I hate having a full stomach in the gym.

I might just have that meal. Then shoot slin before hitting the gym so I ride that into my large PWO meal of protein and carbs.
Good points. Usually I'll put down the meal at 3 then hit my first set around 430. End up shooting the humalin r at around 4 so my timing isn't ideal.

Couple things I've noticed. Usually 120 or so g of carbs works with 15 iu slin no problem. The pre workout meal is typically potatoes and chicken.

I never personally had a problem working out fasted or with a full belly but I know alot do. Usually when I get home I'll slam some chicken, pork, oats, fruit, yogurt and I can pound 1 to 2 calories pretty easy. If I start to feel too stuffed I'll switch my last meal to stuff that goes down the hatch easier like salmon (higher calorie density) or some frozen yogurt that slides right down.

My main issue is on some 4k calorie days I'll hit 90g of fiber which isn't ideal but it adds up myfitnesspal. Probably the asparagus and apples I slice up and cook in my oats lol

Thanks for all the input fellas I sincerely appreciate it! My primary focus is fat loss spring/summer is coming I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something which would hamper my hard work!

As far as I know, Ramy fasts for 1 month every year for his religion, only eating once the sun goes down. Thats 12+ hours a day of no eating and not even drinking water. It is an extreme example, but I think that it proves that its the total calories/nutrients that matter rather than "eat every 3 hours".

i take around 80% of my calories in the window 1hour pre to 2hours post.
i also use a bit of humalog so im not sure how comparable our situations are but i make good gains that are mostly lean.
i usually take 1 EAA shake @ 9 oclock and 1 whey shake @ 13 oclock, then pre workout @ 17oclock, some intra, biggest meal instantly post and a big meal 90min later. Sometimes when i wake up hungry i take another whey shake @ midnight or 1am..

I agree pound off as many protein shake or meal replacement shakes as you can through the day.when you get home eat real food then before bed drink a casin shake

As far as I know, Ramy fasts for 1 month every year for his religion, only eating once the sun goes down. Thats 12+ hours a day of no eating and not even drinking water. It is an extreme example, but I think that it proves that its the total calories/nutrients that matter rather than "eat every 3 hours".
Yea but one month a year for ramy doing that is nothing. The next 11 months hold on to your pants on the amount of food and drugs he puts in. Big difference compared to OP

Yea but one month a year for ramy doing that is nothing. The next 11 months hold on to your pants on the amount of food and drugs he puts in. Big difference compared to OP

Lol plus they make a point of eating what they want during the non fasting period

i used to work construction with a real taskmaster of a foreman.

on the job site, i could turn a corner and have a protein shake with oatmeal and peanut butter downed in a matter of seconds

did this a few times a day

where there is a will, there is a way.

but, if it's not that important to you, then no big deal.

If that was my life and I wanted to keep looking the way I do......

I would eat very low carb for two weeks (or at least 10 days) to get insulin sensitivity high and glycogen depleted. Then protein and veggies while at work (low carb protein bar if I had to), eat an apple before the gym, then carb backload like a mother fucker...cereal, low fat ice cream, chocolate rice cakes with PB2 and honey (my go to).

This is what I use to do. I actually gained a couple pounds and got a lot leaner.

Thanks for all the input fellas I sincerely appreciate it! My primary focus is fat loss spring/summer is coming I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something which would hamper my hard work!

If your goal is fat loss or control, you're already on the right track and your involuntary fasting is only helping matters. I can practically guarantee you'll maintain lbm just fine if other things are on point.

Have you given intermittent fasting a thought since you're already incorporating aspects of it? When dieting, it really does help keep you accountable for what you're eating, makes it far easier to track, less hunger issues, blah blah blah

Just food (or no food) for thought

@b-boy makes great points about carb back loading with this approach, as well. And you can still lose fat while eating some 'fun' foods

caveman style. mike rashid who looks good for an IG cat supposedly does this. I remember a few old school pros to but i cant remember who.
I think Serge Nubret was known for just 1-2 very large meals a day when he was busy on set.

@FrancisK ...... off topic but in a thread that got locked I'm really proud of your ability to see through the smoke and mirrors and bullshit that comes around every so often. Don't respond to this post don't want to go off topic, just want you to know I'm glad guys like you are here to call out bullshit when they smell it.

What is the point of the carb back load, essentially carb cycling during a 24 hour period? Id assume it would be even more ideal if the backload is around the workout? Looks like you prefer it post vs split between pre and post?

This is my life. At the hospital I have no time to eat. Like literally, I don’t have time to chew food fast enough to eat a “meal”

I get disposable cups with lids. 2 scoops whey/casein blend, a couple tablespoons of PB2, and a pack of grits in shake 2. Add water, mix into a goop.

you can get it down in 3 mouthfuls, 2 if you practice like your working the street corners.

I work 14 hour shifts

I do as bboy said

Carb back loading is the shit ! And i sleep like baby at night

If that was my life and I wanted to keep looking the way I do......

I would eat very low carb for two weeks (or at least 10 days) to get insulin sensitivity high and glycogen depleted. Then protein and veggies while at work (low carb protein bar if I had to), eat an apple before the gym, then carb backload like a mother fucker...cereal, low fat ice cream, chocolate rice cakes with PB2 and honey (my go to).

This is what I use to do. I actually gained a couple pounds and got a lot leaner.
When you say low carb do you mean keto low? He many grams? And what do your fats look like during the low carb duration?

I work 14 hour shifts

I do as bboy said

Carb back loading is the shit ! And i sleep like baby at night
So you go 10-14 days of very low carb diet? Keto low or 50-100 grams ?

Last time I eat is around 10 pm. I don't eat until 10 am the next day. I have a decent breakfast, but eat most between 2 pm and 8 pm. Works for me being older. I been staying lean and muscular this way.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131