over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I competed in the Greater Gainesville Bodybuilding and Figure Championships

aeliop

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
After I competed last week in the Florida State I asked Phil about following the same last week protocol from the Florida State and doing a small show in Gainesville this past Saturday. He gave me his blessing and then called me a few hours later with one minor adjustment. As always his protocol and adjustments were right on and I feel that I came in out my new "best ever"

Gainesville is about 2 hours or so from where I live and if you don't know also where The University of Florida is located. Unfortunately Marilyn had to work this past Saturday and was unable to attend but my twin teenage sons were happy to come along. My boys and I left early Saturday morning for our "guys day out."

Gainesville was a little harder to get to then I originally thought and I got there late missing the weigh in. Not a good start to the day. The head judge and NPC Central Florida President Pete Fancher was really cool about it though and like I said this was just a small local show so they were happy to have anyone. I got my number as the last competitor, I was #40. What a difference from a week earlier where counting crossovers there were 196 competitors this week only 40.

I weighed in at 203LBS, 5LBS less then last week, and 8LBS less then my show on August 1st. As said earlier at this moment I was at my very best ever and better then the week before, my previous best ever. There were only 4 competitors in my Open Heavy Weight class and of the 4 I was the smallest. Though the show was small the crowd was very enthusiastic, especially with the local flavor most of the competitors were known by everyone in the audience so the audience was really cheering for all of the competitors but me of course, because no one knew who the hell I was.

During prejudging I found my mind was wondering a lot. All of the other competitors had their friends, family, and coaches in the audience. So instead of focusing on my posing I was more interested in what people were saying to the other competitors. I don’t know why I had such a lack of concentration it was just one of those days were when someone yelled “You are shredded Jose!” instead of thinking of my next pose, I was thinking “I wonder what number Jose is?”

After Prejudging I took my boys to eat and then we went over to the University of Florida campus. I drove around the campus and surrounding areas. I showed them the bars and restaurants that the students hang out at as well as the frat houses. I was explaining to them the whole Frat thing when one of them interrupted and said “Dad we know, we saw Revenge of the Nerds.” I parked the car and we walked around campus for awhile. I showed them where they play Basketball, Baseball, and of course we went inside the Football stadium. I of course mentioned that back in the 80’s I had played several times on this campus of course as an opponent to the Gators. We even went to a couple of the Frat houses and hung out with the guys a little and participated a little in the hazing of a pledge. All the while I was yelling “NERDS, NERD!” in an Ullger like fashion.

On the way back to the night show we stopped at Barnes and Noble and relaxed engaging in one of our favorite things to do, reading books. I returned for the night show and even though no one new me I was astounded that quite a few people who came up and said some really complimentary things about my physique and stage presence. Before the night show they brought us out individually and introduced us. I was the last guy to come out and once again I was surprised by the reception I got. I really felt welcomed and appreciated. The night show came and went. I did my routine and the still packed house gave me a really nice reception. After the show a guy came up and said he really liked the whole classic style of the routine, he thought it was really good. A few other people had some really nice things to say it was very much appreciated by me.

More then anything else this was a great day spent with my sons that happened to also contain a bodybuilding show. Therefore I almost forgot to mention the results, I finished in 2nd place to a guy who was bigger and better then me on this day. He is a very good competitor who had taken 3rd in the Open Heavies at The Dexter Jackson. No controversies as I saw the scores, he got all the 1’s and I got all the 2’s. I finished ahead of 2 other worthy competitors.

Though it might not have showed with wins, I had a GREAT year and I made more improvements in the year and half of working with Phil then I ever had made before. Phil has really done some unbelievable things with my physique and what I have learned from him and what he has taught me about myself is priceless. I can honestly say that before pre-judging when I looked in the mirror before going on stage I really couldn’t believe that I was looking at me. When I first picked up a bodybuilding magazine never in a million years would I have believed that I would ever have looked the way I looked at that moment in time.

Here are a few from the show. I don’t have any good ones maybe Michael Arvilla can come to the rescue and find some good ones.

Top 3
winners.jpg

Here are a couple of me and the first place winner.
gbc1day.jpg

gbc4day.jpg

Well Congrats !!!

I didnt even know you were competing in this show...

Great job !!!:D

Nice

You looked great! What a great attitude also..........it is so refreshing to not hear someone say, "I got robbed"!!.........even though you did.....:)

You looked great! What a great attitude also..........it is so refreshing to not hear someone say, "I got robbed"!!.........even though you did.....:)

AMEN he did Phil. That quarter turn shot leaves me scratching my head. You looked great bro and from what I can see, you should have been walking out with the 1st Place Trophy. Congratulations my friend.

Right on!

You are on a roll! Keep up the great work as well as the awesome attitude.......

What a great write up, doing the show was one thing but being with your sons and making a whole day of it was PRICELESS. Congratulations on your placing and I really admire your attitude.

Great job Tony! Having your family there, sure makes the day special!

Sounds like a great day, I love Gainesville, haven't been there in a long time. I even laughed at the hazing.

I attended the show for a brief period of time. I didn't stay for the placings but I remember seeing you up there. I thought you had it won. I am no judge, nor do I know what they were looking for on that day, but from one amature bodybuilder to another, your physique was much more pleasing and refined than his.
You have the classic look that I wish more judges would appreciate.

Congrats on your 2009 competitions, and thanks for sharing your experiences:)

Regardless of the placings, you looked phenomenal Aeliop!

BMJ

i think you got robbed. definately had better conditioning, and a better overall package. congradulations though for all of your competitions this season.

congratulations. I bet those boys are very proud of their dad "the bodybuilder".
You looked great and I could easily see you in first place based on those pics. Most important; a great time wth your boys and the great example you are setting for them...

Tony it is so refreshing to read your post about your shows, you have a great attitude and you appreciate the important things in life and don't get sucked up into the whole selfish bodybuilder mentality!

Very nice job...............I think this was your best look I've seen. Lean, quality muscle...........maybe you can help bring this look back.

On a side note, I think the black trunks suit you much better as well.

Congrats Aeliop. That was an honest, refreshing, account of a "day in the life". We so often speak of balance in our lives and on the very day that lends itself to being "unbalanced", you have not fallen victim.

Congrats tony!
and thanks for sharing your day with us! always nice to read along with the bodybuilding "data" etc :)

Thanks for sharing with us your experience, Tony... I really enjoyed reading that detailed and positive post of yours. :) Looks like it was a great day for the whole family. Well, except for Marylin, although I hope she had a good one too! :p

Oh... and you looked awesome!! ;)

Thanks for sharing us with your journey...the whole process was great. You got better with each show and that is what I call dedication! You looked great and congrats. It is all about goals and you should be proud, hats off!

You looked great, Tony!!!

I don't live too far from you. I'm just outside Tampa.

Sounds like you guys had some fun Tony! Its cool you are back in the competition circuit too. I know you were kinda worried about that earlier this summer. I see you went around that obstacle. Good deal!

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear