YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I dont understand peoples logic when it comes to steroids.

The only people imo that have any right to say that one shouldn't use steroids unless they compete, are guys that actually make their living off competing. To anyone else its just a hobby, so what is the difference between someone doing it for a plastic trophy or someone doing it to look good at the beach?

Even those that do make money on bodybuilding, would it be worth it if they dropped dead at 40 leaving a family behind? I mean thats an individual question at the end of the day and none of us can speak for anyone else on the subject.

To take it one further there is no need for anyone to use steroids in the amount that many of us have or currently do whether its to look good at the club, beach, gym, bathroom mirror, or stage...once you realize that you're reason is no better or worse than anyone else's you really stop caring what anyone thinks about it.

Yup this is what I always say. I think it's incredibly narcissistic to dictate which reasons others should or shouldn't be doing what they do.

why is it that so many people justify using steroids to get on a stage and put down guys who do it just to look good and take the easy road.

risk vs reward i dont see steroids use as a bad risk if used properly and responsibly

not many people live a straight edge life so if ur vice is juice how is it any worse than not working out or drinking, smoking, eating fast food frequently, yada yada.

I started for sports and after i was done with football i knew the difference between working ur ass off eating 100% etc etc etc or i could run some test and eat like a food network star and compete with half the effort
Who cares... Not worth worrying about... Everyone's got an opinion..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good post... I agree with everything you've said here, beti, except for the bolded part. I think the main reason why many who take drugs and look like shit isn't because of bad genetics... I think it's more due to the fact that their diets suck and they train like pussies...

I know this wasn't the point of your post and I'm kind of going off on a tangent and cherry picking, but I truly believe that just about anyone who trains hard, dials in their diet, and takes drugs can look at least somewhat "good." Definitely much better than the vast majority of the population

Maybe, I have a strange mentality, but in my book it is not worth the effort and the investment if the final product is not, at least, a national level physique.

Those of us who have been indoctrinated with the bodybuilding mentality of the 90s, the goal was to be a prol bodybuilder with pro look (in the last few years, getting pro card is easier, you can have the card but not a competitive physique). Anything less than that, it's not worth it. And 95% of the people who lift, could never get to that aspect. Therefore, staying as natural and healthy as possible is the logic way to go.

Of course, people are free to do whatever they want, but it is also essential to understand that people are free to criticize what others do. In these forums we are experts in this.

An important concept in life, in general, is to not take risks that you aren't compensated for.

Taking steroids is a risk. (cardiac health, joints, legal issues, etc)

Now, we all know that some steroids are less risky than others (low doses of Testosterone, EQ, etc). Taking other steroids are known to be more risky than others (Tren, oral superdrol, etc). And as always, for any given steroid, a lower dose is always less risky than a higher dose.

Given that all steroids involve risk, it is upto each individual person to decide what kind of rewards are needed to justify those risks.

IMO, you need to have adequate compensation in some kind to justify a risk.

If you're taking HIGH RISKS (i.e., dangerous steroids in high doses), then you need to receive adequate compensation for those risks. What kind of adequate compensation? Maybe becoming a pro bodybuilder or powerlifter, or generating income in the fitness industry, or competing to get a trophy at some big show, etc. There needs to be a tangible reward for it.

It would be fairly stupid, IMO, to take large doses of dangerous steroids just to look good on a random beach for a week. There's not much pay off in that besides moderate personal satisfaction.

It's just like anything else in life. Finances are a decent analogy. Should you risk money investing in something very risky (a risky stock, new real estate venture, etc), if there's no potential of high return? You should only make a risky investment if there is a potential for a high return.

If there's only a potential for low-return, then you should only be willing to accept a low risk. For low-risks, you should expect low returns.

Never take risks you aren't compensated for.

Last edited:
An important concept in life, in general, is to not take risks that you aren't compensated for.

Now, we all know that some steroids are less risky than others (low doses of Testosterone, EQ, etc). Taking other steroids are known to be more risky than others (Tren, oral superdrol, etc). And as always, for any given steroid, a lower dose is always less risky than a higher dose.

Given that all steroids involve risk, it is upto each individual person to decide what kind of rewards are needed to justify those risks.

If you're taking HIGH RISKS (i.e., dangerous steroids in high doses), then you need to receive adequate compensation for those risks. What kind of adequate compensation? Maybe becoming a pro bodybuilder or powerlifter, or generating income in the fitness industry, or competing to get a trophy at some big show, etc. There needs to be a tangible reward for it.

It would be fairly stupid, IMO, to take large doses of dangerous steroids just to look good on a random beach for a week. There's not much pay off in that besides moderate personal satisfaction.

It's just like anything else in life. Finances are a decent analogy. Should you risk money investing in something very risky (a risky stock, new real estate venture, etc), if there's no potential of high return? You should only make a risky investment if there is a potential for a high return.

If there's only a potential for low-return, then you should only be willing to accept a low risk. For low-risks, you should expect low returns.

Win a contest and you get props from guys. Look good on the beach and you get props from girls.

Win a contest and you get props from guys. Look good on the beach and you get props from girls.
Then you get old and you stop giving a shit about getting props from anyone...just wanna be left alone [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Greatness.

There is a big difference in taking drugs to go to the beach or to be part of a selective group of individuals who are pushing their bodies to the limit. It has never been about money, if that was the motivation of the competitors, they would be doing another sport, or even sucking dicks. If someone thinks that it's the same Bostyn Lloid that Lee Labrada, has a very distorted view of reality.

I see investment in drugs as investment in a mountain team. If you are going to climb Everest you must invest in a great team, and you are going to risk your life. If he dies, you can be considered a hero by mountaineering enthusiasts. If you are going to climb a mountain of 1000 meters, and invest thousands of dollars in oxygen, etc, you will be considered an idiot. And if you die, nobody will have respect for you.

Most people who take drugs look like shit because they do not have an elite genetics, why do it? Take drugs and compete in powerlifting, in my mind it is more respectable than taking drugs to look like shit. Take drugs to be the best body on the beach? It can be great idea if you are 18-20 years old, but if you are adult and mature, you should reconsider the priorities of life and with your body.

So I'm going to assume you are a national level bodybuilder? Maybe you are, I really don't know, or maybe thats your goal..and to speak personally I don't like the beach lol I've literally been a handful of times in my adult life but I was just using that concept to get my point across. My goal when I started was to be Mr. Olympia lol, well that aint in the cards so my goal is to have the best possible physique that I can eventually. I have competed, not for some time but I will again at some point, however that doesn't mean that I'm in a position to say what someone is choosing to do with their body is meaningless or stupid or whatever word one would use. Maybe it means a lot to them or maybe they will regret it one day, thats an individual thing, just like a pro bodybuilder may regret leaving a family behind at a young age no matter how much money they made.

I still want to push my strength and size as much as I can regardless if I ever did compete again, its fun to me and gives me something to work towards on a daily basis outside of other obligations in life. Do I think one should abuse all kinds of gear to look good at the beach? No i don't, but my point is abusing all kinds of gear to look good on a stage REALISTICALLY isn't much different. The health risks are there regardless and a very small percentage of "selective individuals pushing their bodies to the limit" actually make money off doing it. We have to be honest with ourselves at some point lol

So I'm genuinely asking do you believe only pro bodybuilders should take steroids? Or guys that are at the top of the national level..I just never understand where that imaginary line would be drawn. Bodybuilding is genetics at its finest, to get to that level you need elite genetics regardless of what anyone tries to sell you about "hard work," so you're talking about the genetic elite. So only the genetically gifted bodybuilders can take steroids? Thats not fair to everyone else is it? lol as I've posted before I have trouble understanding how some would come up with the cutoff for who can use what drugs and who can't.

I find some guys views weird. They worry too much about other people. I couldn't care less if some stranger I will never meet takes steroids over 5 years and at the end of it looks abit crap. It might be a waste in many ways but it's his life and he can do whatever he wants. To say only a certain person should be able to use steroids is ridiculous.

Many genetic freaks don't even know they are until they use gear. Some have great natural builds but some have a super response to gear. I couldn't care less if someone has the worst possible response to gear if he is an adult he can do whatever he wants. If he is not hurting anyone else doing what he does then great.

Some of us are genetically gifted at certain things it doesn't mean you shouldn't do those things if you are genetically crap at them. When guys are stupidly risking health over nothing then have a word and try to put them on a better path. But if some grown adult wants to take some gear to look good on the beach so what. I couldn't care less if he doesn't want to compete or he has the worst genetics ever.

This guy just trolled a bunch of you... His post should have been ignored. We don't have to validate ourselves to this guy. It's wasted time and energy to even get sucked into his post.

The "do it with hard work" versus just take the easy way argument is so played out and tired. We all know better than that bs. It's not a short cut, it's a fucking new level of possibilities not obtainable without enhancement. Some people just can't stand to be mediocre and normal. Yea, it gets addictive.

We're all adults here. 90% of this board is well aware of the health implications of unchecked use. Many of us spend time and effort trying to educate people on mitigating those risks. Frankly, a post like this here doesn't deserve our time. I'm more focused on keeping users healthy than some high and mighty bullshit on non use.

May this guy's thread RIP. You belong over at bodybuilding.com, hero.

Listen, a TROPHY changes everything bro. You wouldn't understand.

Because the slim possibility of winning that trophy is involved it is considered ok, and they are responsible users.

You're just a drug addict..

Then you get old and you stop giving a shit about getting props from anyone...just wanna be left alone [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Indeed. And then you realize that most women are more impressed by the size of your wallet and buldge in your pants then your bicep measurements.

So I'm going to assume you are a national level bodybuilder? Maybe you are, I really don't know, or maybe thats your goal..and to speak personally I don't like the beach lol I've literally been a handful of times in my adult life but I was just using that concept to get my point across. My goal when I started was to be Mr. Olympia lol, well that aint in the cards so my goal is to have the best possible physique that I can eventually. I have competed, not for some time but I will again at some point, however that doesn't mean that I'm in a position to say what someone is choosing to do with their body is meaningless or stupid or whatever word one would use. Maybe it means a lot to them or maybe they will regret it one day, thats an individual thing, just like a pro bodybuilder may regret leaving a family behind at a young age no matter how much money they made.

I still want to push my strength and size as much as I can regardless if I ever did compete again, its fun to me and gives me something to work towards on a daily basis outside of other obligations in life. Do I think one should abuse all kinds of gear to look good at the beach? No i don't, but my point is abusing all kinds of gear to look good on a stage REALISTICALLY isn't much different. The health risks are there regardless and a very small percentage of "selective individuals pushing their bodies to the limit" actually make money off doing it. We have to be honest with ourselves at some point lol

Actually I agree with you, I also wanted to be MO.

But what I want to say is that the use of drugs should be according to the aspect of your physique. Most guys are now using more drugs than some of the best professionals of the 90s, but they dont loook similar. There are people using SEO, slin and GH and they look like shit.

I'm not talking about guys on this board, but most gear users look like shit. Yes, they will look better than without the use of gear, but if you do not have the genetics, do not train or eat properly, you will not look exceptional.

Of course, exceptional for me means a professional of the 90s. Or even of the Arnold era. There are a lot of pro classics that look like shit, with physiques that do not flow.

Actually I agree with you, I also wanted to be MO.

But what I want to say is that the use of drugs should be according to the aspect of your physique. Most guys are now using more drugs than some of the best professionals of the 90s, but they dont loook similar. There are people using SEO, slin and GH and they look like shit.

I'm not talking about guys on this board, but most gear users look like shit. Yes, they will look better than without the use of gear, but if you do not have the genetics, do not train or eat properly, you will not look exceptional.

Of course, exceptional for me means a professional of the 90s. Or even of the Arnold era. There are a lot of pro classics that look like shit, with physiques that do not flow.

I certainly agree with you on that...I mean if you're going to take steroids you should absolutely have your diet and training and lifestyle in check for the most part. Now what someone does with their physique at that point is their business, but yes I don't believe people should be using them if they aren't on point with the most important factors in all of this.

I always used Bodybuilding to better myself. When I was grade school, there were times I would have to run home so not to get beat up. I started working out in my basement in 1980 as a freshman, joined my first gym in 1986 and soon later took my first cycle (10 mgs of Anavar) soon later the complements and the confidence came, I did my first show in 1987 and won the overall, I competed until 1996 and always placed well. I rationalized to myself that I would keep competing as long as I was in college, I hated school but I graduated with my degree in finance (I thank BB and steroids) it kept me grounded and focused. Through the years since, I still use BB/steroids (now at 51) to make my life sucessful, again I have always been serious about training and diet. I now have a sucessful marriage (23 years) a decent job, and a nice 7 figure stock portfolio that will allow me to retire very soon to spend more time to bodybuilding.
I never had an issue with people taking steroids, I just try to stress to be safe and smart (not a given by some). I do have some issues with people who think that the only thing in life (or their future) is BB. Like any sport, it should be a passion and fun, if the cards are there, it will be more, but many do not have a back up plan and end up a loser.

Be yourself,what you want to be is all up to yourself.::tar-wars::tar-wars

just do what you think right,ignore what's others think.there is no absolute right or wrong.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws