over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!!!

D BO

Registered
Ok so we all know by now that today is the day. What day you say? It’s the day that all the New Years people flood the gym with bright eyes and big hopes of a new body and feeling about themselves. Yet as so many of us know almost 90% of these people will never even last a month or two. Why is this? Think of how it feels to really suck at something. Trying to play basketball, but you suck at playing or don’t even know the rules and everyone you feel is just looking at you like what the hell are they thinking being out on that court.

Well it’s pretty much the same thing we all hate the New Year crowd and the horrible gym etiquette that follows with them. Be truthful how many times do you just get agitated when someone completely ruins your workout by moving weights where they don’t go, just sitting around and talking on machines and wondering around like lost puppies just crowding the lanes of your gym floor where you can’t walk and standing in front of your favorite mirror during incline flyes. Ohhh the nerve of these punks.

I give you the challenge today and for the rest of this year to help us increase our membership of brothers of Iron. This is no easy task by a long shot believe me. When you see one of these guys let them know you were once there to. Hell we all were, even those genetic freaks we all love. Give in and show them a few machines, point out the guys there that know there shit and tell them simply follow there footsteps. Quit getting mad at them for not knowing gym etiquette and teach them some things so they know how to treat our holly ground. If you see someone out of line put them in line, if you see the guy doing bad form show them a rep or two, and if one is needing a spot for god sake get over there and give the man a hand. I dare you to take this upon your self this year, to try and get as many new members who come in to fall in love with weights like you do. Keep as many of those members as you can in each of those gyms and coming back day in a day out until they help the next group.

Why should we, because it’s the right thing to do. I can remember when I thought that if I gave up any secrets to my body it would mean everyone would know and then would soon be bigger then me. You know what it takes hard work and no tricks. If someone wants it bad enough, if you want it bad enough you should not fear anyone. You should want the challenge. See how the number of true competitors has sky rocketed since the 70’s. Now see how the bodys have changed so much, how they are so much bigger? Could it be because competition makes us all better in the end? Think the more members in that gym means more money which means better equipment and trainers. This could also in the end lead to us bringing in new brothers of iron into our forums and helping us learn more and question less. This means more people on our side of the law and who see our point of view. This also means our forums will flourish along with our gyms and the sport we love so much. I DARE YOU I SAY, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU TO MAKE THE CHANGE.
D BO

Agreed and Im not looking forward to going to the gym tonight .... and its Monday to boot.

I know it's gonna be packed.

Im gonna walk in wearing pink spandex and headbands with 80's style headphones on.

Ppl prob wont bother me

Im gonna walk in wearing pink spandex and headbands with 80's style headphones on.

Ppl prob wont bother me
LMFAO! That's good man, way to show some team spirit!

Good idea, guess I'm considering selling them some seriously overpriced d-bol with some even more ridiculously overpriced clen to get them in "shape" for summer...j/k, need to change clen to dnp...:p

I agree with the O/P. Rather than treating these people like they have leopracy we should be helping them so they don't get hurt and we don't get pissed because they're doing everything wrong.

I helped a kid on new year eve with his form on press downs. Now this isn't a "resolution kid", he's been going for a while and has lost some good weight. I had to do push downs and asked if I could work in and he obliged. I told him to try it a different way and he struggled because he wasn't using his shoulders, only his triceps. Well, I finished and he continued to use the machine, with the correct form!

So there is hope for them! We all started off not knowing anything too

Mondays in the gym are bad enough from all of the weekend partiers trying to get back in shape for the next weekend of partying, but the first few Mondays of the year are hell in the gym. But I'm going to take the challenge and try to help instead of just getting angry.

chest

it seems at least at my gym anyways that monday is national chest day haha and im not looking forwarsd to the gym tonight either theres gunna be a line for every bench in the house

You got it brother. Monday is a national chest day for men and leg day for women. That's why I always switched my routines up so I never did chest on Monday.

haha so then its not just were i live mondays usually my back and shouler day only bc well nodbody is using them on monday haha

haha so then its not just were i live mondays usually my back and shouler day only bc well nodbody is using them on monday haha
I agree Monday is back or leg day for me. The power racks are always open

What i normally do for the New Years revolutionist that ask what he/she should do is help them start off with squats. If they want it bad enough after the soreness kicks in they will be come back and ill be glad to help if not good riddance.

Can you only imagine what Planet Fitness is going to look like today:eek:

I agree Monday is back or leg day for me. The power racks are always open

What i normally do for the New Years revolutionist that ask what he/she should do is help them start off with squats. If they want it bad enough after the soreness kicks in they will be come back and ill be glad to help if not good riddance.

Can you only imagine what Planet Fitness is going to look like today:eek:

haha good hopefully Planet Fitness will cut down on the numbers a bit

i love my gym, today it was the same guys as always, hanging out and lifting. no tools running in for 2011

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear