over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I feel better after a few drinks?

Capin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I have been lifting and juicing for a long Damm time now. But I can't explain this phenomenon that has come over me the last few years. If I'm tired and sore from lifting if I have a few drinks lately rum and diet coke I feel so much better! And it doesn't effect my workouts as long as of course I don't drink to access.
Anyone else experience this?
When I was younger and competing in PL alcohol was off limits but now that I'm older it actually seems to help. Rumm thins your blood, is a great pain killer, a diuretic...ya I know being on cycle and alcohol is not typically a good idea but my blood work has been fine.
I'm not really sure what to make of this am I fooling myself because I like to drink or is this actually improving my situation?

I don't think a drink or two is going to cause you any issues. If the bottle starts lasting a day or two, then it's time to rethink things..LOL!

Ok, I have to ask, is it Captain and diet Coke, Capin?

Captain Spiced Rum is supposed to be on the rocks straight

Bacardi gold 2 shots in 12oz diet Pepsi
No carbs lol...

I don’t know this for fact...but doesn’t alcohol have a bit of an anti inflammatory effect?

Pretty sure my Chiro told me this years ago. I had herniations in my low back and I would tell him I felt great on Saturday and Sunday...the rest of the week shit. So he asked what I was doing...of course I was partying Friday and Saturday nights. Then mentioned that to me.

Makes sense that people in pain go to alcohol for comfort.

To play devils advocate.....could it be something in the liquor and pop and that you are deficient in that your body is craving?

Oh and what grown man drinks sweet alcohol?? :D

i LOVE girly drinks! lol :p

Nothing wrong with that! Photo here of a guy drinking a sweet drink.

Mr-Knight-drinking-a-Mai-Tai-at-.png

My favorite drink at a Japanese place we like to go, it is called a Woo Woo.

woo-woo-cocktail-668.png

Being around a lot of drinkers over the years, I think I've heard every excuse you can think of for people to justify their drinking. If you want to, go ahead, but don't kid yourself that it has any benefits.

Being around a lot of drinkers over the years, I think I've heard every excuse you can think of for people to justify their drinking. If you want to, go ahead, but don't kid yourself that it has any benefits.

I agree.

It's merely psychological. You're conditioned to thinking its "going to make you feel better", its not actually making you feel better.

When people take their first sip of alcohol and are like "wow I so need that, its so good", its not the alcohol doing its work. It takes 5-10 minutes to get into your blood, it's your mind.

I'm sure there are more healthy alternatives that would make you feel better. A hot bath, some music, a massage to give some examples.

The OP sounds like every AA origin story I've ever heard. And I've heard hundreds. I'm not saying that you shouldn't drink just pointing that out. In my opinion if you enjoy it and are TRULY not hurting yourself or others then go for it.

i learned that a couple drinks made me feel better too.
so i went up to a bottle of vodka a day and whooo! i REALLY felt good.
if i wasnt seeing double, i wasnt there yet.

I have been lifting and juicing for a long Damm time now. But I can't explain this phenomenon that has come over me the last few years. If I'm tired and sore from lifting if I have a few drinks lately rum and diet coke I feel so much better! And it doesn't effect my workouts as long as of course I don't drink to access.
Anyone else experience this?
When I was younger and competing in PL alcohol was off limits but now that I'm older it actually seems to help. Rumm thins your blood, is a great pain killer, a diuretic...ya I know being on cycle and alcohol is not typically a good idea but my blood work has been fine.
I'm not really sure what to make of this am I fooling myself because I like to drink or is this actually improving my situation?

^^^slippery slope, IMO

..tread carefully brother

I personally feel that a "couple drinks a night" is far, far worse than people think, and it is NEVER just that little, not always or over the long term.

im going thru the same thing...im 47, and a drink or two helps me feel better physically and mentally..i actually can think better. my mind is more clear.

only problem is at times i want that feeling to last and 2 can turn into 3 or 4.

btw, isnt there a new study that says drinking alcohol actually helps you live longer. cant remember the source...but it was relatively recent

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear