over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I feel like shit after shakes

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've tried a ton of different protien shakes and types of protien sources like pea, beef whey. After I have a shake for the next hour or 2 I feel almost hung over. Bloated naucious sluggish. That being said I've found zero food that does this regardless of the quantity I consume.
I mix my shakes with just water and sometimes I'll add a banana.
Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? With my work and eating habbits due to job demands I'd love to add 2 or 3 shakes a day as I can just drink them while I'm driving.

A long time ago I used to throw up every workout, even if I only trained calves. Took a long time to link it to whey consumption, something about it was making me sick. Frequent hypoglycemic episodes also.

I don't know what's causing your issues. I personally like EAAs combined with some hydrolyzed collagen when I want something "light" on the stomach. Too bad almost all the bodybuilding brands of EAAs look very imbalanced to me, mostly BCAAs with tiny amounts of the other EAAs and often missing either histidine or tryptophan or both.

What Type of Protein are you using.

Whey Concentrate, or a Blend, or 100% Isolate.

Concentrate and Blends always Bloated me.

I switched over to 100% Whey Isolate ~ Unflavored/Unsweetened, by Musclefeast back in 2010, No Problems since...................... JP

Reactive hypoglycemia can occur after an easily digestible whey and more so when something like a banana is included. Have you ever tried a blend of proteins (i.e. Team Skip) or adding fat to your shakes.

You may want to consider a genetic test to see what it is you have an intolerance for. The type of protein being consumed comes into play.

Synthetek Synthepure

Currently I'm using isopure but I generally stick to one hundred percent whey protein isolate. It even happened with the cold filtrated whey protein isolate from True nutrition.

Are you swallowing lots of bubbles after you shake it or do you let the shake settle first? Try adding a tablespoon of either olive oil or coconut oil to your shake before you shake it. This reduces most of the air bubbles and may help with your GI issues. Give it a try.

If that works well look into something with Simethicone in it. Just a drop or two in your shake will give you the same result.

I personally don't take in any shakes. They go right through me, and I often question if they really have the protein claimed on the label. They're ok if you're busy, or in a bind, but I always think whole foods a better choice.

Try something COLLAGEN petite based.
Beef protein etc...
Those cause less discomfort that the Whey's in certain people.
Carnivore protein is a good one.

If you tried several types then I would look into the sweeteners that may be causing the issue.

The amount and type of protein and the speed you drink it are all big factors. I experience exactly the same as you. I simply feel ill after using large amounts of most proteins. If you are using more I would keep the shakes at 30g (if larger drink very slowly) and see if that helps. I can drink EAA's all day and not get the same feeling so you could go down that route. I have a 50g synthepure shake in front of me I will drink fairly slowly (20 mins) and I get no issues with that. You wouldn't eat 50g's of protein from chicken or beef in 2 mins so don't drink it that fast either. Not saying you do but many go through protein shakes quickly and it definitely has a massive impact.

maybe if you drink 2 shakes the second shake will cancel out the sick feeling from the first shake

Easiest option:

Drop the shakes completely. Not needed if you can get your protein requirements with animal proteins.

Try protein bars!
There’s lots to choose from. Different types of protein, how many calories, carbs and fats to fit your requirements.
If you still have that problem then try beef jerky or Tuna in a pouch. They have a few different flavors it’s fast and easy to eat. You do what you need to do!

Try something COLLAGEN petite based.
Beef protein etc...
Those cause less discomfort that the Whey's in certain people.
Carnivore protein is a good one.

Do any companies still make the LBAs Phil was so big on? I used those for awhile and they caused me no issues at all while the protein shakes do make me feel a bit bloated. Some of it might be the sheer size of how much you are drinking too, the LBAs I used had a really small volume and lots of protein.

I didn't try it yet but read about a fish peptide
protein called GoPro, supposedly the fastest hydrolyzed protein on the market, due to the low weight of the peptides. Anyone here use it? Sounds disgusting, but then again I drink collagen made of pig skins. :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131