over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I finally did it, i quit drinking!

Here I am mentoring others and I need help again, myself. Even though I'm not really in a bad spot in life, I have overwhelming anxiety from wanting to drink again. Any time I pass a gas station, it takes all of my muster to not grab a case 'just this once'. I need help, bad, but I don't know what to do. I can tell anyone else how to handle it but can't handle it when it comes to me. Part of the anxiety is having to admit that I need this help. Since becoming sober, I seem to have become this beacon of humility, or whatever the fuck, according to others; now my pride once again raises it's ugly head and prevents me from admitting that I need help. It's the same story all over again and I don't know what to do.

Here I am mentoring others and I need help again, myself. Even though I'm not really in a bad spot in life, I have overwhelming anxiety from wanting to drink again. Any time I pass a gas station, it takes all of my muster to not grab a case 'just this once'. I need help, bad, but I don't know what to do. I can tell anyone else how to handle it but can't handle it when it comes to me. Part of the anxiety is having to admit that I need this help. Since becoming sober, I seem to have become this beacon of humility, or whatever the fuck, according to others; now my pride once again raises it's ugly head and prevents me from admitting that I need help. It's the same story all over again and I don't know what to do.

Find someone to be accountable to. You're all alone in this and that's the worst place to be. Just one person who you'll be honest with, and will ask if you drank today is a big help.

PM me and we can talk, call you on the phone if you like.

I have been at a meditation retreat for the past week and will be home tomorrow.

May you be happy and strong.

Good for you! Great decision to stop! This July will make 30 yrs for me without being intoxicated. I don't even think about it or miss it at all. Something I just don't need in my life.

You ever try kava? Not the cheap extracts. The traditional way they do it in island nations. I won't describe here, it's easy to find online.

It tastes like peppered dirt in a cup, haha. But it is a very mellow, relaxing buzz, not much unlike alcohol, except it does not impair judgements or lead to poor choices. 😊

No calories, no hangover, no nothing. It's gotten a bit expensive over the years though, unfortunately.

You're admitting it here. That is something! I know it's anonymous however you're opening up to this group and letting everyone know you have a problem and you need help...it's a step in the right direction! Like someone else said, talk to someone who will give it to you straight or go to a meeting, there has to be one around you. There's no shame in any of this and anyone who makes feel shame...well fuck 'em!! You're a human being and you're fallible, which isn't an excuse to drink but a reason to reach out to someone because you're human! Do it!

Yeah dude, I know exactly how you feel. It's probably good that we're not friends in real life. Usually, not always but usually I can get past that 7-11 without stopping but if we'd just finished chest and tris at the gym, my wife had work out of town and won't be back until tomorrow... all you'd have to do is bring up the subject and I wouldn't even try to talk you out of it, I'd probably be like "Dude, if we're going to do it let's do it right. Let's run on down to the supermarket where we can get some imports & steaks, hit the liquor store and get a 5th of Sauza".

My point is that there is NOTHING wrong with being on the edge. Every fucking day I don't drink I'm on the edge and I don't know why but when it's football season it's really hard. I guess I associate the two, having a bud, watching the game..

I will also tell you that I hedge my bets, I keep sleeping pills in the house and for sure I don't use them every day but on days when I feel that I can't sleep and I'm thinking about drinking and I get that anxiety, can't get booze out of my mind... I do that "one day at a time" my way. Instead of going to 7-11, I take a pill, make myself crash out and deal with tomorrow's problems tomorrow. Is it perfect? Fuck no. But it keeps me off the booze.

Great job! My only advice is (which I'm sure you already know) don't fall for the I've been sober for x amount of time, I can have a drink at dinner or with the boys etc... Keep it out of your system! Whish you continued success!
^ Perfectly stated! Congrats on starting down a new road!!!!

Cage

You're admitting it here. That is something! I know it's anonymous however you're opening up to this group and letting everyone know you have a problem and you need help...it's a step in the right direction! Like someone else said, talk to someone who will give it to you straight or go to a meeting, there has to be one around you. There's no shame in any of this and anyone who makes feel shame...well fuck 'em!! You're a human being and you're fallible, which isn't an excuse to drink but a reason to reach out to someone because you're human! Do it!
This is a great post Bio. I felt like less of a man even thinking about opening up about my internal demons, until I actually did it. Talking about it probably saved my life. And now I have a beautiful family that I live every single day for.

Never realized just how much my weekend drinking effected my physical appearance and performance until i quit. Almost every facet of my life improved after about 4-5 weeks of zero alcohol and I have no desire to go back.

Congrats! What did you see as the biggest noticeable change?
Consistency in sleep, eating and energy, day in and day out. I never realized how much my "weekend warrior" outings threw off my entire schedule and i would always be ravenous and exhausted Sundays and Mondays. Once i removed booze from my lifestyle everything seemed to just fall into place and i noticed much more progress in the gym and MUCH easier losing fat. Im in my 40s and had been drinking since a teenager so my body was probably shocked when i stopped!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131