over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I finally did it, i quit drinking!

Hey brother...

Disappeared off the face of the earth a useless alcoholic. Ballooned up to 320lbs. I had a dream where I was watching myself from above my bed, then I rolled over, but I was dead. That was really hard to type just now. I had to either live or die, I chose to live.

It was three years until this past June or July when I flipped my shit about some stupid woman and drank myself stupid. Battled it again for a while but firmly back on the wagon, cannabis only. DON'T THINK YOU CAN JUST DRINK A FEW HERE AND THERE, OK? AND DON'T DO SOME DUMB SHIT LIKE GET DRUNK BECAUSE OF A WOMAN OR START DRINKING BECAUSE THEY DO.

Alright?!

I mean that shit. You know yourself better than anyone, if you can't drink, you can't drink. Be honest with yourself. I told myself that I couldn't drink. I drank. Guess what? I shouldn't have drank!

I'm here whenever you need me. I feel it's my obligation to help others along their journey.

Making that social contract to stop is also a great thing

You'll keep yourself accountable
You're kidding yourself if you think an addict will hold himself accountable. That's the very definition of an addict basically, somebody that breaks the promise to quit over and over again.

Not saying that I'm not happy to hear Fit2 is quitting, but yeah...been around addicts long enough to realize half or more of what they say is complete fucking bullshit.

Also, Fit2, I think its extremely reckless to tell people to stop drinking cold turkey. You can literally die from going cold turkey from a physical dependence on alcohol. But, luckily, nobody is actually relying on you for advice.

Thats what i was doing. 1/3rd -1/2 litter of scotch with 3-6 beers every night when the sun goes down. After 2 years I drank my life into a pathetic mess. Made the decision January 25, 2020 to quit it. Thankfully I haven’t touched it since. If your not drinking to get drunk then wtf are you drinking it for. That’s how my mind thinks. Best of luck to you @Fit2Serve. There are some very challenging days.

i was drinking roughly half a half gallon every night. freaking ridiculous. a 1/2 gallon would last me 2 nights MAYBE a tad bit more but not much. i was buying a 1/2 gallon every 2-3 days. a pack of smokes ever 1-2 days.

since stopping the drinking and smoking in just this week and couple days i have put on about 10lbs! i been eating my ass off!
hung over and skinny fat i would eat maybe 2 crispy tacos for a late lunch. just a couple days of not drinking and i ate 3 tacos and a burger in one setting! ready to get in the gym next week and use those cals to get some muscle back!
-F

i was drinking roughly half a half gallon every night. freaking ridiculous. a 1/2 gallon would last me 2 nights MAYBE a tad bit more but not much. i was buying a 1/2 gallon every 2-3 days. a pack of smokes ever 1-2 days.

since stopping the drinking and smoking in just this week and couple days i have put on about 10lbs! i been eating my ass off!
hung over and skinny fat i would eat maybe 2 crispy tacos for a late lunch. just a couple days of not drinking and i ate 3 tacos and a burger in one setting! ready to get in the gym next week and use those cals to get some muscle back!
-F

copenhagen long cut was my tobacco vice. The workouts do feel good as the fog clears

Hang in there man,unfortunately a lot of guys in the bodybuilding community have addictive habits.i stopped drinking maybe three years ago but only with help from the man upstairs. It's easy to think that you're trapped in this cage of addiction but the reality is the door is open.sometimes we need help with leaving though.

Well done. I enjoy a crazy night here and there but drinking daily is no good in any way as you already know. I look forward to your log. Just give your body a bit of cleansing first so I would keep it to injs only before adding in any harsh stuff (or don't ever add any in).

whew!!! i finally did it! as some of you may know i have been on a binder.
for past @3-4 years or more i have consistently drank atleast 10 shots of vodka every night. usually @15 and as much as 20 shots was not uncommon at all.
and that was just a monday night....
Lots of things contributed to me going off the deep end but i will save that for my log i will start coming this monday when i get back to training.

Anyway, quick recap: about 3-4 years ago it dawned on me i would never compete again and coincidentally i started drinking every night. quick working out pretty much. liver was so jacked from the alcohol i would barely eat 1-2 small meals always shit food. i would pass out at 12 midnight and sleep til near 2pm waking up and finally getting out of bed only cuz blood sugar would be so low i'd go hypo
Well, last week i woke up and had enough of it. i was starting to see physical side effects of the alcohol abuse. i had gotten skinny fat cuz was consuming most my cals in alcohol and barely eating. no working out and usually skipping my trt shot... i got the shakes in my hands to where i could barely get fork or spoon to my mouth before shaking all the food off... constantly sweating...
i also smoked cigarettes anytime i was buzzed or drunk so bout 10-12 smokes a night. i did that and the 10-15+ shots of vodka every night for YEARS.

i have now been totally sober and quit smoking both cold turkey last monday so officially been 1 week and 2 days. i know that sounds small but it is a great beginning. i finally slept GOOD for first time since i stopped drinking. so took a full week before i slept good.

for anyone struggling w the drink, just STOP! No excuses, no tappering off just stop. sooooo worth it. i now cant think of a reason to ever drink again. cons totally outweigh the pros....

i will start a log soon to keep me accountable and to show anyone how fast you can get back in shape. atleast i think i can, we will see....
-F2S
Thank God brother.. Former Team guy. BTDT Theres help if you need. God bless, stay strong. 1 is too many, 30 not enough. Easy Day

me, not so much. i just CANT be moderate w it. i have tried and tried.
i wish i could. i always claimed i could. but naw, these past few years proves it makes me a wreck.

my job contributed to the drinking. NOT bc its stressful but bc i dont really have to do anything. like maybe 10 hrs of work a week... and thats from my couch mostly... i became a sedentary drunken mess....
the log will be fun. you guys gotta hear some of the insanely stupid shit i have done while on this 3+ year long binge
-F

I m glad to hear you are on the right path now Fit2. I know it is early in your recovery, but whenever you feel OK with telling the drunken stupid shit stories, I'm always up for hearing those. I don't drink much, but when I was younger I used to do I weekend benders. My biological Father died at age 66 from years of drinking and smoking. He looked like he was more like 96. I told myself a long time ago that I'm not doing what he did......I'm not going out like that. Alcohol is toxic to every cell in the human body. This is why hangovers are such a bitch. If your cravings become overwhelming, try cannabis instead. I know it sounds like you would just be switching one addiction for another, but I know several guys that kicked drinking by doing the "marijuana maintenance program". They didn't become stoners either. They did just enough to calm the cravings for booze, and didn't use much beyond that. Between alcohol and cannabis......cannabis is by far the lesser of the two evils. Whatever you decide to do Fit2, I wish you the best of luck in overcoming alcoholism.

i am def on the cannabis track. takes edge off helps me get to sleep.
without it i think it would be ALOT harder.

and dont get me wrong guys, i guess i didnt mean quit cold turkey per se but QUIT dont make excuses like oh i will quit drinking on monday or i will quit on my bday or new years blah blah blah just get er done is what i really meaned to say.

thanks for all the support guys. and dont get me wrong i have said i am going to quit a thousand times. but this time i mean it. it will kill me. its a terrible way to live. i was really starting to feel poisoned. i want to LIVE not just be alive.
-F

You're kidding yourself if you think an addict will hold himself accountable. That's the very definition of an addict basically, somebody that breaks the promise to quit over and over again.

Not saying that I'm not happy to hear Fit2 is quitting, but yeah...been around addicts long enough to realize half or more of what they say is complete fucking bullshit.

Also, Fit2, I think its extremely reckless to tell people to stop drinking cold turkey. You can literally die from going cold turkey from a physical dependence on alcohol. But, luckily, nobody is actually relying on you for advice.

I was looking at it more from the perspective of breaking a bad habit. When people create a social contract, they tend to hold themselves accountable from the sheer sake of holding any personal worth intact

But I know addiction roots deep both physically, and psychology, and I have no experience with addiction, or dealing with addicts so yes, fair point there

Alcohol is probably the one thing where the social approval of drinking keeps one from ever considering what the line of addiction and consumption is

I was looking at it more from the perspective of breaking a bad habit. When people create a social contract, they tend to hold themselves accountable from the sheer sake of holding any personal worth intact

But I know addiction roots deep both physically, and psychology, and I have no experience with addiction, or dealing with addicts so yes, fair point there

Alcohol is probably the one thing where the social approval of drinking keeps one from ever considering what the line of addiction and consumption is
Sadly, I have far too much personal experience living with and in circles of addicts. I'm thankful I made it out. Without training, I doubt I would have. I would have been found like a few of my friends were, blue and with a fucking syringe stuck in their arm still. Training gave me a reason to live for awhile there until I gained again a clear view of what is important in life (family, basically).

I see Fit2 is motivated to train. My advice is to lean on that heavily, even if it too becomes an "addiction" - it will be much easier to feed that iron dragon than a drug or alcohol dependence.

Most detox centers keep alcohol on hand just for this reason.
When my wife started working as an RN in 1993, the hospital she worked at kept beer in the fridge for the alcohol addicted patients. Fast forward 25+ years and that's unheard of (at least where she works).

Fit, good for you! I've been sober 15 years as of September. I spent the first half of my adult life drinking excessively and the 2nd half sober. For me, there's no comparison. Sobriety is best. I wish that I had controlled it and could have stopped after a couple of beers, but that's not something that I could do.

I think the term is called "maturing out". When a longterm substance abuser actually changes perspective on their decision to use any longer. It can be done.

I think the term is called "maturing out". When a longterm substance abuser actually changes perspective on their decision to use any longer. It can be done.
i def think thats part of it. turning 40 kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. added to my depression really... hard to accept i will never be better then i ever was. if that makes sense. but yeah, i am not getting any younger and i cant burn the candle at both ends any more. i really felt it catching up with me. my daughter is getting old enough to know what is going on too. my wife gaining weight... i'm not a "power parent" any more... fucking over it.

i think the log will really motivate me. no promises on what happens i am gonna go with things... step by step. day by day.
right now i am REALLY enjoying food again.
-F

Proud of you

Fit2Serve. Good for you, it sounds like it was becoming unmanageable for you.

I do have one caution. NOT EVERYONE SHOULD GO COLD TURKEY. It can kill you. One of the few withdrawals that can. This is good advice for many, but the fact is some will die trying to follow this at all costs. Some may require a step down or medical intervention. Most detox centers keep alcohol on hand just for this reason.

PWood

This is true. I drank from age 13 right up to age 53 when I quit. (I like round numbers - 40 years). The last 20+ were in excess. (Daily).
I come from a family of alcoholism and I jumped right in, we also have good livers so mine is still very good, it made it out alive. :)
I did try cold -turkey, and ended up w/ an ambulance ride and over-night hospital stay. (My heart rate took off to dangerous levels, got dizzy, passed out, etc).
Wife thought it was heart attack so she called ambulance. Anyways, when I got home, I said "fukk quitting, thats dangerous and unhealthy"). :rolleyes:

So I did it for a little while more, was sick of it and this time planned it. I used for a like a week, small doses to taper and then quit on a weekend.
It worked this time w/out hospital visit. Its only been a year and 3 months now, but its great. Great sleep, no more drunk workouts, etc. (I never did let it stop me from lifting, but of course it affected the quality).

Just keep going, it gets easier. I have no desire to drink, I look at it and sort of get nauseous even thinking about it, that sick feeling comes back and it turns me right off from it.

Alcohol is not the problem, excessive use is the issue.

Like everything in life, learn that moderation is key.

I gave up drinking almost 2 years ago now. My friends are still partying but I am not part of it and its one of the best decisions I've ever made. All drinking does excessively is slow you down. Nothing good comes from drinking excessive alcohol.

I only drink alcohol now when I go on holiday which is 1-2x per year if that. And I dont miss it or crave a drink. Its a load of nonsense.

i def think thats part of it. turning 40 kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. added to my depression really... hard to accept i will never be better then i ever was. if that makes sense. but yeah, i am not getting any younger and i cant burn the candle at both ends any more. i really felt it catching up with me. my daughter is getting old enough to know what is going on too. my wife gaining weight... i'm not a "power parent" any more... fucking over it.

i think the log will really motivate me. no promises on what happens i am gonna go with things... step by step. day by day.
right now i am REALLY enjoying food again.
-F

I am close to 40 and have smoked pot my whole life. A few years back I started smoking much less and even went a year without. I keep a daily workout log book and loved seeing the number of days that went by go up. It gets easier the longer you go. I can't believe my old behaviors and how I used to crave pot. You have to notice how you enjoy the experience of life rather than "enhancing" life.

I definitely feel when you make a decision not to use thats that. I would be around people smoking all the time but would let them know I made my mind to take a large break and my mind was set. As far as addiction its a daily decision.

And what do you mean you will never be better than you were, really? You are not defined by your body. Look at Steven Hawkins. Your body is just a unit where your mind lives in this life. There is plenty of "getting better" ahead of you. Enjoy each year of your life as you only get that year once. I work a lot with elderly people and they all tell me how young I am and it's true. Life doesn't end when you pass your physical peak.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131