over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I finally did it, i quit drinking!

Good luck bro.

I didn't read this whole thread, so I don't know how bad your habit was affecting you. (As you probably know) drinking that much definitely is not good for the body and one of the worst things you can do as a bodybuilder.

but I just wanted to say...

Good job brother! Keep it up. Nothing is worse in life than being slave to a substance. With exception of test maybe lol.

I have dealt with addiction for many years.

If you ever feel like you need somebody to talk to that understands please don't hesitate to PM me. I wish you all the best. As an recovering alcoholic I would highly suggest not going out at night. If your habit was really bad I'd even suggest being celibate for at least a few months unless you are already in a relationship. But that depends on how those things can affect you "love and lust" can be a drug in itself.

Hey man, great move calling it quits and good luck moving forward.

I've struggled with drinking too much for most of my adult life. I'm the type that can't just have one and if I drink one night, it usually means 2-3 days in a row followed by several days off then repeat. Vicious cycle.

I've done several long stretches completely sober and I can tell you from experience its a million times better. Everyday off the booze feels better and better.

Hell, your post is motivating me to call it quits again. I went 5-6 months without a sip earlier this year thru most of quarantine. Feeling like it might be a good idea after the holidays... although I recently moved right on a beach and it's been difficult with all the action steps away.

Fit2,
i'v been around long enough to see some otherwise great people get taken out by booze
..so i'm sincerely happy to hear this

BIG important question comes to mind (..for me anyway) immediately

..what are you going to do with those hours instead of drinking?
..in other words, what are you going to fill in that time slot with?

^^^this can greatly improve your success ..can't just leave that time slot blank

I think moderation in all things is a great philosophy but not everyone is capable. I know with my obsessive/addictive personality I cant drink at all.i am afraid to take pain meds because of past problems as well. Started way back with ghb I'd any of you guys remember that phase. Never thought I would make it to old age but by the grace of God I was given the chance to have three beautiful kids and wife. Anyway, hang in there and God bless and strengthen you.8

Good luck bro! Stay strong. For some moderation is possible for others, it is not and 1 drink will always lead to so many more. Good luck to you sir.

whew!!! i finally did it! as some of you may know i have been on a binder.
for past @3-4 years or more i have consistently drank atleast 10 shots of vodka every night. usually @15 and as much as 20 shots was not uncommon at all.
and that was just a monday night....
Lots of things contributed to me going off the deep end but i will save that for my log i will start coming this monday when i get back to training.

Anyway, quick recap: about 3-4 years ago it dawned on me i would never compete again and coincidentally i started drinking every night. quick working out pretty much. liver was so jacked from the alcohol i would barely eat 1-2 small meals always shit food. i would pass out at 12 midnight and sleep til near 2pm waking up and finally getting out of bed only cuz blood sugar would be so low i'd go hypo
Well, last week i woke up and had enough of it. i was starting to see physical side effects of the alcohol abuse. i had gotten skinny fat cuz was consuming most my cals in alcohol and barely eating. no working out and usually skipping my trt shot... i got the shakes in my hands to where i could barely get fork or spoon to my mouth before shaking all the food off... constantly sweating...
i also smoked cigarettes anytime i was buzzed or drunk so bout 10-12 smokes a night. i did that and the 10-15+ shots of vodka every night for YEARS.

i have now been totally sober and quit smoking both cold turkey last monday so officially been 1 week and 2 days. i know that sounds small but it is a great beginning. i finally slept GOOD for first time since i stopped drinking. so took a full week before i slept good.

for anyone struggling w the drink, just STOP! No excuses, no tappering off just stop. sooooo worth it. i now cant think of a reason to ever drink again. cons totally outweigh the pros....

i will start a log soon to keep me accountable and to show anyone how fast you can get back in shape. atleast i think i can, we will see....
-F2S

Congrats man !! Keep up the hard work. I know how it is to struggle with addiction.
I myself had a life of party for 4 years and had the dream life but it didn’t last because of my drug and alcohol abuse. Lost tons of money and right now I’m going to rehab. It takes alot of will power to get out this darkness and I’m happy to read that you’re taking your life back into your hands!

👍👊

Keep it up brother. Dont get too hungry,angry, lonely or tired. I know how that sounds but it's TRUE. Take care of yourself.

congrats, as a bodybuilder, drinking in general is too many calories. One drink is fine here r there, I really dont even do that

alcohol effects rem sleep negatively studies show quite significantly

im glad you got rid of excess alcohol

Soooo, thought id share some pretty good results from NOT drinking.
it has been 3 weeks of zero drinking. my appetite definitely came back in full effect.
In just 3 weeks i went from 197 lbs to 217 lbs w zero gain in fat. just fuller muscles.
I had my first cardio and weight workout yesterday. so thats a 20lbs weight gain w zero workouts.
excited to see the results of workouts plus lil up in dose of test and some gh and some slin here n there.
but, VERY motivating to see the scale go up.
1st workout felt good.
will likely start log just making sure i stick w workouts for a few days...
upped dose today...
-F

That's how most people do it. They substitute excersise.

The alcohol was toxic for what its metabolite did, yet its receptor functioning actually prevented some toxicity. Can you replace the alcohol with other clean GABA drugs without going overboard according to your old habits? GABA agonism and calcium channel inhibition are the primary mechanisms of action for alcohol. They actually help with all the calcium toxicity from steroids. It's a balance. Steroid abusers increase intercellular calcium toxicity, while GABA abusers (including benzo abusers) decrease calcium into cell death by itself. You have to strike the right balance.

Your question is if you can use GABA drugs appropriately. It could help you stay off alcohol while mitigating the effects of steroids, or it could send you into another tailspin. First off, alcohol is a dirty drug affecting many pathways. Even if you can use clean selective GABA drugs appropriately for GABA itself, this may not quench your thirst for your preference for alcohol in its many other actions, thereby instigating your alcohol seeking behavior.

I'm a little like you. I go off all the time, yet I tend to binge on alcohol beyond what is healthy. No use for just one drink. One drink already screws it all up anyway. I plan on using Fluorophenibut to help me with that.

^ bzzzzt, try again, doling out shitty advice to justify your own addiction

What's your problem? Do you have anything to say about it? Intercellular calcium, start with that. JUSTIFY.
You're suggesting he pick up a GABAergic addiction to replace his alcohol addiction. Fit2 is too smart to listen to your incoherent bullshit but I gotta say it anyway: GTFO here you little shit.

You're suggesting he pick up a GABAergic addiction to replace his alcohol addiction. Fit2 is too smart to listen to your incoherent bullshit but I gotta say it anyway: GTFO here you little shit.
He already has a GABA addiction with alcohol. GABA is a part of the mitigation process of steroid induced calcium toxicity. Alcohol is toxic of itself because of its metabolites, yet GABA itself is not toxic unless conversely the calcium gets to low. You need a balence.

His question and his choice is wiether or not if or if he may not further handle GABA drugs without further instigating his addiction to alcohol.

Thank you for your full confidence. You win. You can have this place to yourself.

Soooo, thought id share some pretty good results from NOT drinking.
it has been 3 weeks of zero drinking. my appetite definitely came back in full effect.
In just 3 weeks i went from 197 lbs to 217 lbs w zero gain in fat. just fuller muscles.
I had my first cardio and weight workout yesterday. so thats a 20lbs weight gain w zero workouts.
excited to see the results of workouts plus lil up in dose of test and some gh and some slin here n there.
but, VERY motivating to see the scale go up.
1st workout felt good.
will likely start log just making sure i stick w workouts for a few days...
upped dose today...
-F

Good going bro, keep up the good work. Just wish you would have held off the sauce for a little bit.

I don't know you, but im super fucking happy for you man. I know it sucks putting yourself through that each day. Congratulations and keep moving forward.

Congratulations!! I stopped drinking a year and a half ago. I will NEVER go back to drinking.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member