YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I finally got my CT Scan & Calcium Score - Thanks Bio!

This is excellent! I'm envious though. Although my CCS was zero (< 1 "no identifiable calcium") and the general conclusion regarding cardiomyopathy and hypertrophy read as "nominal". I didn't get near the detail you did. My cost was $400. Well worth it but I would like to get the details you got. I'm going to ask if they were in my test results. My chart just reads nominal. Doc said means within acceptable levels. Thanks for putting this up. @maldorf what do you think? I see no reason why they would hide anything from me.
I'd want more details if I were you. I'd think they are there and the office can send you everything.

I also would trust them when they say your coronaries were OK. You shouldnt fear. They would have told you if there were any problems. I'd still want details.

I had my calcium score checked in 2019 and it was also 0. It was a victory that made me feel good since I already have a mildly enlarged heart and moderate aortic valve leak to worry about already.

Besides calcium score, the best blood test every bodybuilder must get whenever they get blood drawn is Apo B. Don't even worry about what your lipid panel says if you get your Apo B tested. That's the king of heart disease blood tests.

Lp(A) is also mandatory to test at least once since it's mostly genetic.

Not getting these two tests is irresponsible.

I had my calcium score checked in 2019 and it was also 0. It was a victory that made me feel good since I already have a mildly enlarged heart and moderate aortic valve leak to worry about already.

Besides calcium score, the best blood test every bodybuilder must get whenever they get blood drawn is Apo B. Don't even worry about what your lipid panel says if you get your Apo B tested. That's the king of heart disease blood tests.

How is Apo B different from checking LDL

The ultimate is a CCTA with a Cleerly analysis. You can actually quantify and then track soft plaque progression.

Attachments

• Sample physicans reports.pdf
    807.9 KB · Views: 6
How is Apo B different from checking LDL
LDL-C is almost irrelevant if you know your Apo B level.

It's like trying to tell time by looking at the sky when you could simply look at a clock

LDL-C is almost irrelevant if you know your Apo B level.

It's like trying to tell time by looking at the sky when you could simply look at a clock
It's not so simple. The addition of Apo B to conventional risk factors does not improve cardiovascular disease prediction. See: T.E.R.F. Collaboration. Lipid-Related Markers and Cardiovascular Disease Prediction: Lipid-Related Markers and CVD Prediction. JAMA, 307(23): 2499-2506, 06 2012.

On the other hand, the Apo B / Apo A1 ratio is a very good predictor of cardiovascular risk.

It's not so simple. The addition of Apo B to conventional risk factors does not improve cardiovascular disease prediction. See: T.E.R.F. Collaboration. Lipid-Related Markers and Cardiovascular Disease Prediction: Lipid-Related Markers and CVD Prediction. JAMA, 307(23): 2499-2506, 06 2012.

On the other hand, the Apo B / Apo A1 ratio is a very good predictor of cardiovascular risk.
I know it's more complicated but I just wanted to stress the level of importance. It's only a $28 test on lifeextension.com too. I just had mine tested and it was 85 (<90). That's normal range but I'd like to bring it down even more.

I know it's more complicated but I just wanted to stress the level of importance. It's only a $28 test on lifeextension.com too. I just had mine tested and it was 85 (<90). That's normal range but I'd like to bring it down even more.
Metformin reduced my LDL and VLDL both along with triglycerides. My ratio was what had my doc buddy thinking I was FLD. I go see a lipidologist next month anyway though.

Berberine had a more profound effect on my lipids than Metformin did
Had to get more Lemon Balm Extract and Vit K2. Added some berberine. I haven't tried it yet. 1200mg with cinnamon. Can't hurt.

Had no idea. Thanks for sharing

Apo B is associated with VLDL (very low density lipoproteins) & gives insight into LDL/VLDL specifically in bloodstream circulation.
I can't believe they don't do VLDL and particle size on a standard lipid panel. It's just stupid.

Does the test also give Apo A1 (not to be confused with Lp(a))?

I have been delaying this test for a while... until I saw Bio's post the other day and decided to get it done. I first started thinking about it when a friend of mine and amateur bodybuilder champ died of a heart attack about a year ago while sleeping. He was also an MD and only 45 years old who never tested himself.

In my case, despite a good diet, daily cardio and almost no consumption of red meat or other sources of cholesterol, I produce high amounts of LDL always over 200 total and over 160 LDL.

And for the last 2 years, I've been praying every night this is not the night I die... Dave Palumbo was the first one I heard recommending this test and I hope this motivates more of you guys to get it done ASAP.

I got my results today:

Angio CT Cardiac Scan and Calcium Score

• Quantification of coronary calcium: 0

Coronary angiography
  • Anatomy: without alterations in the origin and trajectory of the coronary arteries.
  • Dominance: right.
  • Main trunk: good size and length. No significant disease.
  • Anterior descending: no significant disease.
  • Circumflex and marginal branch: no significant disease.
  • Right coronary, posterior descending: no significant disease.
  • Pericardium: no thickening, effusion, or calcification.
  • Extracardiac findings in a reduced field of vision: none.
  • Opinion: no significant coronary atherosclerotic disease.

I'm currently on a beta-blocker 5 mg a day, a statin to control LDL, and blood pressure medication to keep everything under control. My next test is an echocardiogram. I'm really happy with the results and relieved that I finally got it done!
What’s your back ground, competitor, casual user age race etc. i always say genetics play a role, I find the no red meat odd but the red meat I eat is always lean and trimmed further and at least half venison. So I could see eating fatty cuts and things like bacon and butter (which I cut out as well as sausage decades ago). I’m a veteran so blood labs are easy but getting those tests with good labs and a good stress test is impossible so at 43 I just have to wait, I thought about lying about saying family members are having heart issues but no one in my family has died south of 80 (except for war) going back into the 1800s so like u I waiting and wondering until the VA will order these tests.

So the VLDL is $28 on that website, that’s all you pay. I’m a veteran and can get labs for free monthly but the docs will only order basic routine labs.

Does the test also give Apo A1 (not to be confused with Lp(a))?
That one is $55. So you say Apo A1 is also significant? I usually just hear about Apo B. I'll have to get the combo next time.

I'm trying to get my Apo B down from 85. It's normal range but I think I could do better than that.

That one is $55. So you say Apo A1 is also significant? I usually just hear about Apo B. I'll have to get the combo next time.

I'm trying to get my Apo B down from 85. It's normal range but I think I could do better than that.

Yes, the ratio is a great indicator of CV risk.

Apo B is associated with VLDL (very low density lipoproteins) & gives insight into LDL/VLDL specifically in bloodstream circulation.

It's a really good indicator of total # of atherogenic particles

This is a really good study on using ApoB vs LDL cholestrol for all cause mortality in statin therapy:

Dr. Alan Sniderman's talk with Peter attia was really good on this subject; he discussed using ApoB and LpA (usually test this once since a subset of the population has this elevated) as two primary means of assessing atherogenic risk

He made a very good case for ApoB.

1646456571673.png

The more Apo B particles within the lumen of an artery, the higher the number that becomes trapped and become part of the inflammatory process.

I would def emphasize as much on this as LDL P. Usually LDL C and LDL P are concordant in their relationship with one another, which is why ignoring a really high LDL number isn't a wise thing. But in the discordant group where the particle count can is disproportionate to the total count, it becomes almost a useless number without factoring in the other half

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear