YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I finally got my CT Scan & Calcium Score - Thanks Bio!

I missed the part in your post where you said your Calicum score was high. I now see why you are so focused on ldl size even though your labs are good. Did you say ur age? I still believe there’s a genetic component to it as lots of guys on here went in expecting a high score and got a 0 as well as guys like Nick Walker who is young yes but a 0, has to be more to it than just drug use and BP etc. at the end of the day if you’re eating clean and most of all doing fasted AM cardio that stresses ur heart it should keep ur pumped healthy and there are a lot of people myself included who believe in the ACV, lemon (optional imo), and tumeric for keeping the pipes clean. Maybe try the ACV and water 3 times per day. It’s not bad I’ve had a lot of unexpected good sides and it’s cheap.
I am 62. Been doing aerobics to some degree since the 1970's. Been using turmeric/curcumin for well over a decade as well as countless other supplements that are well known. I have used ACV on and off over the last 20 years and never noticed a thing. It may be genetic but heart problems have only been an issue with 2 people in my family. My aunt who died at 63 from a heart attack, but she weighed 400 pounds. And my father who had a heart attack in his late 50's after 40 years of smoking, eating badly and being sedentary for 30 years and having a job that stressed him out. My siblings who smoked, eat crap and are sedentary and are 7-8 years older then me have had no issues. As i have posted other places i have found 2 studies where lifting weights long term can cause more calcification. And aerobics raises BP while doing them which i have to wonder if long issues can come from that. I saw a study a few years ago with thousands of runners that showed they had the same rate of heart disease as the rest of the population once they got into their 60's. It may be multiple sources are causing my issue and not one thing. I don't expect to ever get a real idea of why things have happened the way it did, but i keep looking.

I am 62. Been doing aerobics to some degree since the 1970's. Been using turmeric/curcumin for well over a decade as well as countless other supplements that are well known. I have used ACV on and off over the last 20 years and never noticed a thing. It may be genetic but heart problems have only been an issue with 2 people in my family. My aunt who died at 63 from a heart attack, but she weighed 400 pounds. And my father who had a heart attack in his late 50's after 40 years of smoking, eating badly and being sedentary for 30 years and having a job that stressed him out. My siblings who smoked, eat crap and are sedentary and are 7-8 years older then me have had no issues. As i have posted other places i have found 2 studies where lifting weights long term can cause more calcification. And aerobics raises BP while doing them which i have to wonder if long issues can come from that. I saw a study a few years ago with thousands of runners that showed they had the same rate of heart disease as the rest of the population once they got into their 60's. It may be multiple sources are causing my issue and not one thing. I don't expect to ever get a real idea of why things have happened the way it did, but i keep looking.
Well I’m no doc but like you I have an amazing family history except my youngest death is late 70s the rest are alive or died over 90. One side obese farmers the other side smoking alcoholics. I think that’s good for your calcification or not. Also runners and all athletes have enlarged left ventricles which in non athletes is VERY BAD. In us I think it equates to good as long as we continue to exercise and have good BP. That’s just my take but over the years my research has shown overwhelmingly that genetics are the most defining factor in health be it cancer, kidneys, or cardiac. Best of luck to you. I think the fact your 62 is good too bc it seems to me young cardiac events seem to occur in men in their 40s the most. I do the ACv too it does something for me whether it helps my vascular system or not I’m not a doc but hair, skin, nails, teeth, digestion etc. all improve.

Well I’m no doc but like you I have an amazing family history except my youngest death is late 70s the rest are alive or died over 90. One side obese farmers the other side smoking alcoholics. I think that’s good for your calcification or not. Also runners and all athletes have enlarged left ventricles which in non athletes is VERY BAD. In us I think it equates to good as long as we continue to exercise and have good BP. That’s just my take but over the years my research has shown overwhelmingly that genetics are the most defining factor in health be it cancer, kidneys, or cardiac. Best of luck to you. I think the fact your 62 is good too bc it seems to me young cardiac events seem to occur in men in their 40s the most. I do the ACv too it does something for me whether it helps my vascular system or not I’m not a doc but hair, skin, nails, teeth, digestion etc. all improve.
Thanks. I know we all come to all our own conclusions. But my research seems to show the life style is the prime driver in long term health. Numerous studies i have seen point to that. How we choose to treat those genetics can play the biggest role but poor genetics with a great life style seems to do better then good genetics and a terrible life style in general.

Thanks. I know we all come to all our own conclusions. But my research seems to show the life style is the prime driver in long term health. Numerous studies i have seen point to that. How we choose to treat those genetics can play the biggest role but poor genetics with a great life style seems to do better then good genetics and a terrible life style in general.
Oh yea 100% a shit lifestyle is a pak of coffin nails but I’ve seen a lot of healthy people with shit genetics die young and those really stick with you.

Oh yea 100% a shit lifestyle is a pak of coffin nails but I’ve seen a lot of healthy people with shit genetics die young and those really stick with you.
I can understand that. my 3 year old great nephew is going through chemo therapy again this week as he has cancer. He seemed like a healthy guy and can't blame his life style. But his mother is at least 200+ pounds over weight sedentary eats like crap. She is a nicer and better person then me. But i am sure her eggs and fetuses are less healthy then normal. And 3 days ago she delivered at 6 months a fetus that had died the day before. I have to say i think life style played a big part in all that.

Loaded question but need help.

Not happy w recent bloodwork.

My LDL small particle size is very high 322 normal is <142), and Apo-B is slightly high 102 (<90). LipoA is
solid / normal at 10 (<75).

Tri’s 67
HDL 62
(So my Tri/HDL=1.08 so pretty good)
Total Chol 205
Total LDL 127

Pissed bc I don’t eat crap food! I take a lot of “healthy” supps that should either have a direct or indirect impact via insulin sensitivity (Fish oil, Berberine, etc), don’t touch crappy vegetable oils, I pay an arm & a leg for “legit” EVOO (lots of fakes out there) and drink it (don’t heat it), use copious amounts of monounsaturated fats via Avocado Oil daily, do light cardio 5 days, train 4-5 days/week, and I’ve been off cycles for at least a year (TRT).

I’m a low carb guy (keto at times), I eat a lot of greens daily, sleep 8-8.5 hours/day, and eat pretty darn healthy.

Other notes:

-Stress levels suck at times
-1,000 of Metformin XR
-40 mg of Telmisartan
-5 mg of Nebivolol
-I don’t drink or smoke

My results are just as crappy as when I run gear. So pissed.

What can I do to address these bad values. Thanks in advance!

You could take Repatha and a statin - or probably just repatha

You could take Repatha and a statin - or probably just repatha

Never heard of it. Will look into it.
Thanks for sharing the info

”What is Repatha's mechanism of action? Repatha is administered via a subcutaneous injection under the skin. Once administered it binds to PCSK9 and prevents the circulating PCSK9 from binding to LDL receptors. This increases the amount of LDL receptors available to clear the 'bad' LDL cholesterol from the blood.”

I've never had a CT angiogram. I've had plenty of regular old fashioned angiograms where they inject you with the contrasting agent and then do what looks like an xray to view. I'm not sure how they get the image.

I've also had the nuclear test they call a muga scan. That's great for showing which parts of your heart aren't getting good blood flow and which might be already dead. My cardiologist told me that it's about as accurate for ejection fraction as doing an echo.

I've also had a PET scan.
my doctors want me to have a cardiac angiogram done how bad is it maldorf a risky or painful procedure?

my doctors want me to have a cardiac angiogram done how bad is it maldorf a risky or painful procedure?
I had an angiogram in Sept. They sedate you but you are still awake. They secure your arm onto a plank (best I can describe) so you have absolutely zero mobility. Mine took about 20 mins. No pain whatsoever (I was sedated). I chatted with the nurses during the process and I was surprised when it was over. Before they did it, I was warned the procedure had risks, specifically if they clip an artery you can bleed out, or it could trigger a heart attack. That is why they only do it on people who are at extreme risk. Fortunately for me everything turned out great.

For me the biggest concern was the aftercare. Since they go in through an artery (not a vein) they are really worried if you lift anything you could rupture the blood clot and have serious complications. So, for several days I was unable to do anything with that arm. But after a week I was back in the gym lifting again.

has anyone gotten their heart rate so high that they actually had legit chest pain?

No but if you want a stress echo and your insurance to cover it, tell your doctor that and he/she will order one. That's what my Dr. told me to do at the appt previous to me telling him I had chest pain while exercising.

No but if you want a stress echo and your insurance to cover it, tell your doctor that and he/she will order one. That's what my Dr. told me to do at the appt previous to me telling him I had chest pain while exercising.
Thank you

I had an angiogram in Sept. They sedate you but you are still awake. They secure your arm onto a plank (best I can describe) so you have absolutely zero mobility. Mine took about 20 mins. No pain whatsoever (I was sedated). I chatted with the nurses during the process and I was surprised when it was over. Before they did it, I was warned the procedure had risks, specifically if they clip an artery you can bleed out, or it could trigger a heart attack. That is why they only do it on people who are at extreme risk. Fortunately for me everything turned out great.

For me the biggest concern was the aftercare. Since they go in through an artery (not a vein) they are really worried if you lift anything you could rupture the blood clot and have serious complications. So, for several days I was unable to do anything with that arm. But after a week I was back in the gym lifting again.
thanks for the info bro hopefully mine goes well also

I have been delaying this test for a while... until I saw Bio's post the other day and decided to get it done. I first started thinking about it when a friend of mine and amateur bodybuilder champ died of a heart attack about a year ago while sleeping. He was also an MD and only 45 years old who never tested himself.

In my case, despite a good diet, daily cardio and almost no consumption of red meat or other sources of cholesterol, I produce high amounts of LDL always over 200 total and over 160 LDL.

And for the last 2 years, I've been praying every night this is not the night I die... Dave Palumbo was the first one I heard recommending this test and I hope this motivates more of you guys to get it done ASAP.

I got my results today:

Angio CT Cardiac Scan and Calcium Score

• Quantification of coronary calcium: 0

Coronary angiography
  • Anatomy: without alterations in the origin and trajectory of the coronary arteries.
  • Dominance: right.
  • Main trunk: good size and length. No significant disease.
  • Anterior descending: no significant disease.
  • Circumflex and marginal branch: no significant disease.
  • Right coronary, posterior descending: no significant disease.
  • Pericardium: no thickening, effusion, or calcification.
  • Extracardiac findings in a reduced field of vision: none.
  • Opinion: no significant coronary atherosclerotic disease.

I'm currently on a beta-blocker 5 mg a day, a statin to control LDL, and blood pressure medication to keep everything under control. My next test is an echocardiogram. I'm really happy with the results and relieved that I finally got it done!
Did you need a doctors order to get it done ?

So you were at severe risk but nothing was wrong? Thought the test could’ve killed you too? I’m glad you’re ok but didn’t seem like you were severe risk?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws