over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I finally put it all together!

Jake LaMotta

Registered
I haven't posted in a very long time. I'm sure some of you remember me. I'm 31 years old and I've had many shoulder surgeries and injuries and have since overcame them and returned to weightlifting. Some of my previous posts I was foolishly looking for the 'perfect routine'. I received some good suggestions and also some flaming (which was well deserved). Anyway, it's been 4 or 5 months since I last posted and in that time I decided to stop being so OCD and stick to one routine. And I did just that and all I can say is I have never experienced size and strength gains like I have since starting this routine. I believe my success is because I stuck to the basics and kept it simple always focusing on keeping good technique at all times and constantly trying to beat the log book. Progressive tension overload is the key. I learned a very important lesson: instead of worrying about the 'perfect routine', just stick to the basics and do SOMETHING. Anything is better than nothing. And like I said before, progressive tension overload is the key.

Here is the routine I have done for the last few months (not doing any cardio as I'm just looking to bulk up):

4 days a week weightlifting routine (Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri ABC-repeat)

A

1. Flat DB bench press 3x5-8
2. Low incline DB bench press 2x5-8
3. Seated DB lateral raises 4x8-12
4. Tricep pushdowns (using a v-bar) 2x8-12

B

1. Hack squat machine (squat to parallel) 3x5-8
2. Leg extensions 1x8-12
3. Seated leg curls 3x5-8
4. Standing calf raises 3x5-8
5. Lying ab crunch machine 2x5-8

C

1. Wide grip lat pulldowns 4x5-8
2. Bent over 2 arm DB rows with elbows flared 3x5-8
3. Standing DB curls 2x8-12
4. Standing DB hammer curls 1x8-12
5. Neck machine (front, left, right, back) 2x8-12

I do all lifts reverse pyramid style as seen here: **broken link removed**

Does anyone here do a similar 4 days a week (Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri) push/legs/pull split? I'm open to critiques if anyone would like to comment.

Last edited:
maybe add some deadlifts or rack pulls in somewhere?

your new routine

Jake,

I remember you......you seem like a nice guy......perhaps a bit of a hypochondriac....but I digress.

Here is my suggestion for your new routine.

Take that silly piece of paper you've been following and crumple it up.

Go to the gym......pick a bodypart (or 2)........pick up something heavy repeatedly until you feel like you are going to barf.

Repeat 3-5 times a week for desired results.

This doesn't have to be as difficult as you are making it. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Hi Jake

I haven't posted in a very long time. I'm sure some of you remember me. I'm 31 years old and I've had many shoulder surgeries and injuries and have since overcame them and returned to weightlifting. Some of my previous posts I was foolishly looking for the 'perfect routine'. I received some good suggestions and also some flaming (which was well deserved). Anyway, it's been 4 or 5 months since I last posted and in that time I decided to stop being so OCD and stick to one routine. And I did just that and all I can say is I have never experienced size and strength gains like I have since starting this routine. I believe my success is because I stuck to the basics and kept it simple always focusing on keeping good technique at all times and constantly trying to beat the log book. Progressive tension overload is the key. I learned a very important lesson: instead of worrying about the 'perfect routine', just stick to the basics and do SOMETHING. Anything is better than nothing. And like I said before, progressive tension overload is the key.

Here is the routine I have done for the last few months (not doing any cardio as I'm just looking to bulk up):

4 days a week weightlifting routine (Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri ABC-repeat)

A

1. Flat DB bench press 3x5-8
2. Low incline DB bench press 2x5-8
3. Seated DB lateral raises 4x8-12
4. Tricep pushdowns (using a v-bar) 2x8-12

B

1. Hack squat machine (squat to parallel) 3x5-8
2. Leg extensions 1x8-12
3. Seated leg curls 3x5-8
4. Standing calf raises 3x5-8
5. Lying ab crunch machine 2x5-8

C

1. Wide grip lat pulldowns 4x5-8
2. Bent over 2 arm DB rows with elbows flared 3x5-8
3. Standing DB curls 2x8-12
4. Standing DB hammer curls 1x8-12
5. Neck machine (front, left, right, back) 2x8-12

I do all lifts reverse pyramid style as seen here: **broken link removed**

Does anyone here do a similar 4 days a week (Mon,Tue,Thu,Fri) push/legs/pull split? I'm open to critiques if anyone would like to comment.

Throw caution away......like JMUMF said, pics 2-3 body parts, do a few sets to failure, then do the same tomorrow.......take a day off when you need to.......relax, but I understand how you feel.......

Jake,

I remember you......you seem like a nice guy......perhaps a bit of a hypochondriac....but I digress.

Here is my suggestion for your new routine.

Take that silly piece of paper you've been following and crumple it up.

Go to the gym......pick a bodypart (or 2)........pick up something heavy repeatedly until you feel like you are going to barf.

Repeat 3-5 times a week for desired results.

This doesn't have to be as difficult as you are making it. GOOD LUCK!!!!

Throw caution away......like JMUMF said, pics 2-3 body parts, do a few sets to failure, then do the same tomorrow.......take a day off when you need to.......relax, but I understand how you feel.......

Thanks fellas.

Phil, I actually took your advice on back training in some posts I read of yours where you do lat pulldowns (actually I think you said pullups) with a wide grip and where you do rows with elbows flared. And since I started doing that my lats and back thickness have improved greatly. Thanks Phil!

Here's a video of what I'm talking about: YouTube - Phil Training Back (0:00-0:52)

Last edited:
Thanks fellas.

Phil, I actually took your advice on back training in some posts I read of yours where you do lat pulldowns (actually I think you said pullups) with a wide grip and where you do rows with elbows flared. And since I started doing that my lats and back thickness have improved greatly. Thanks Phil!

Here's a video of what I'm talking about: YouTube - Phil Training Back (0:00-0:52)

Phil, your form looks like something you would advise against these days :)

Can you give me a link to the back training posts where he advocates this type of pullup?

From this thread http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-forum/23911-best-things-widen-your-back.html, here are some quotes:

...SHOULDER WIDE GRIP, TRY PULING YOURSELF UP TO YOUR CHEST (NIPPLE AREA) FOR A SET OR TWO THEN JUST TO THE CHIN. ALWAYS KEEP YOUR GRIP THE SAME THOUGH, SHOULDER WIDTH WITH PRONATION. FORCE YOUR ELBOWS FORWARD, NOT TO THE SIDE, TO INCORPORATE MORE LATS.

...Do pullups, not pull downs. Yes, shoulder width grip ALWAYS...

Yes....thank you

Thanks fellas.

Yes.....shoulder width not wide grip.....Nothing about resting at the bottom of the movement for a few seconds......do you see what I'm saying?.......he must have been trying to hit bi's and rear delts :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131