YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I got off the plane from Jr. Nationals and went hiking for a week.

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I am embarrassed to admit it tore me up after a week of hiking 8 miles per day. My feet are even bruised right now. I took groups of students into the mountains for plant identification etc.

It was steep terrain and after I'd get back try to nap in my car and then lift. I beat myself into the ground. Not smart.

I did see some cool stuff that I'd like to share with you ladies and gentlemen.

Biology is fun.

These two guys with me are basketball players and excellent students. They came with me all three days. We saw things the other students didn't. I am not sure if they like me or liked the fact that I had a .357 magnum in that bag I was carrying. :)

Attachments

• DSC09779.JPG
    DSC09779.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:
Wow! that is a beautiful background.

Did I mention we were in some steep, rugged country?

Well, we were! My ankles and knees are still sore as heck. I usually go once a week during the summer and mix in a lot of swimming, floating and fishing. I don't usually beat my heavy ass up trails on consecutive days. I think I lost 8 pounds last week.

Attachments

• DSC09791.JPG
    DSC09791.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 567
I agree, R.

Wow! that is a beautiful background.

I got so much sun after being up there for a week all you can see are my teeth and the whites of my eyes right now! lol.

Check this out my friend. I managed to get wet feet every darn day. I didn't care.

Attachments

• DSC09794.JPG
    DSC09794.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 570
I don't know if you guys can see it, but there is a white spot-

- up on that rock ledge. It is a mountain goat. Those two boys and I climbed, slid and put the sneak on that bastard until I got close enough to take some pictures of him.

Heavy assed white guys are no match for skinny Injun kids when it comes to climbing around on ledges!

Attachments

• DSC09807.JPG
    DSC09807.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 563
This is a close up of what I thought I saw!

Turns out I was right and Mr. Billy Goat WAS sneaking around on that ledge!

He was shedding a lot of that hair and once we got up on those rocks there was white hair all over the place, blowing in the wind.

Attachments

• DSC09814.JPG
    DSC09814.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 569
None of the others saw this guy.

They didn't believe it. But I got pics!

Attachments

• DSC09825.JPG
    DSC09825.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 557
Great shots JT! I am sitting here pinned up in my office working thinking… Man! These outdoors shots sure look nice to see. :)

Are those goats good to eat? Man that water looks very refreshing. You make me realize how little I have seen in my lifetime.

Awesome photos JT, what a treasure it is to have that kind of natural beauty so close!

I absolutely love hiking in the mountains near my house, it's just so refreshing when you out in the middle of such breathtaking scenery and enjoying nature for a little while.

Awesome pics :)

What other types of mammals have you seen while hiking, JT?

Well, we were! My ankles and knees are still sore as heck. I usually go once a week during the summer and mix in a lot of swimming, floating and fishing. I don't usually beat my heavy ass up trails on consecutive days. I think I lost 8 pounds last week.

What is the name of this mountain? It looks like it would be popular with the climbers.

Awesome pics! I always thought it was so exciting to see the goats and rams roaming around the mountains. :D

Where did you go hiking? Looks like Glacier??

BRICK, THAT'S ONE OF THE NICE THINGS ABOUT MY JOB.

Great shots JT! I am sitting here pinned up in my office working thinking… Man! These outdoors shots sure look nice to see. :)
I GET TO SCREW AROUND OUTSIDE DURING THE SUMMERS. :)

We did some swimming, well some of the kids did. Water was COLD coming off the frozen snow bands into those water falls. Everytime I sat down I didn't want to get back up again.

This pic says 'summer fun' to me, Brick! So, keep toiling away, my friend. lol. Trust me my winters suck where I live. So, I am just giving you crap while I can! :)

Attachments

• DSC09875.JPG
    DSC09875.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 521
I don't know, how they are as far as eating goes, R.

Are those goats good to eat? Man that water looks very refreshing. You make me realize how little I have seen in my lifetime.

I wish I would get to see Guam! I haven't seen much either. I just got lucky and was born in this area.

Check this out!

Attachments

• DSC09812.JPG
    DSC09812.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 522
I agree with you.

Awesome photos JT, what a treasure it is to have that kind of natural beauty so close!

I absolutely love hiking in the mountains near my house, it's just so refreshing when you out in the middle of such breathtaking scenery and enjoying nature for a little while.

I feel close to God out in places like that. I simply can't imagine how someone would think we are all here by accident. We have vascular tissue, plants have vascular tissue, we are just the right distance from the sun, tilted at just the proper angle on the earth's axis, the right amino acids, water, etc, etc.

I am in awe of the power of nature and its beauty. That's just me though. I am sure others get some other message. lol.

Attachments

• DSC09776.JPG
    DSC09776.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 520
The River Savage sees all!

I thought the first pic was a white mountain GHOST..........I didnt see anything

;):D Phil you are a teacher. What would you say to these kids as they are about to dive into treacherous icy water? Hey, uh, I know you are hot and it looks good but DON'T YOU DARE SWIM!?

That water was BOILING off the rocks and the river was moving fast. I was worried about safety for sure- Unfortunately,

I am not the iron hand of discipline sometimes! :eek:

Attachments

• DSC09871.JPG
    DSC09871.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 514
Shelby, lets see.......

Awesome pics :)

What other types of mammals have you seen while hiking, JT?

We saw a grizzly on Wednesday, deer, ruffled grouse, mountain goats, foxes, squirrels, etc. I threw in some non mammals on the list, sorry!

Check out this little shit!

I spotted this little guy and kids were pissed off when I asked, "Did you see the fawn?" They answered, "NO, QUIT LYING!"

Then I whipped out the camera. I said that's what you get when you put your head down and get in a hurry. You miss out on everything.

Attachments

• DSC09753.JPG
    DSC09753.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 503
I have no idea, Amazon!

What is the name of this mountain? It looks like it would be popular with the climbers.

I do know we got all the way up under a cliff face to a place called IceBerg Lake.

This is how it looked on Thursday.

Attachments

• DSC09833.JPG
    DSC09833.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 501

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear