over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I guess we something do sacrfice poundage for form

Jimbo

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Let me be the first to admit. I was at the gym today doing my back. My first exercise is deads. I usally do 8-12 on these but after watching ronnie do 2 reps at higher weight I thought I would change to that as well. Got down, picked up the weight, tried to do 1 and I couldnt keep my back straight. I went in a complete hunchback form all the way down. No shame in using a higer rep form I guess. From now on, my golden rule will be form first before anything!;)

I tend to extend my self to looser form as the weights become big. I could either quit, or loosen up the form a little. I like to test my strength. So, for example, I can DB curl 70s or maybe a little more in descent form. And then stop. Or, as I do, I could do 80s a little looser, and then 90s pretty loose. And let me tell you-these heavy sets tax your system bigtime. 4-6 reps and Im panting like a dog in heat. Of course dont go so far as to risk injury. Just my way-different strokes for diff folks!

Damn MikeS, I know you're a lot bigger than the average bear, but I thought I was doing pretty good curling 45-50 dumbbells in "loose" form (more like 40-45 max in strict form). Shit, thats a LOT of weight!

Cheating occaisionally by those "who know what they're doing" is much different than someone CHEATING - you know what I mean when you see someone doing this!

xcel

Absolutely can relate to that. I do find that getting loose with form on heavy curls-(for me!) is best done with a barbell.
But I think that the same result can be had from lower weights and slower reps(time under tension). It works for me both ways, and different body parts respond better with different methods!!
Switch it up--what gets results today may not next week!

Just my Opinion

I dont believe in cheating, and this is why. If you have to use other muscle groups to lift the weight, what is the point? what is the point of doing a say heavy back routine, when it takes bi's, tri', shoulders and even legs! to do it? I do strict form and it has worked for me, but we all have seen that person or persons in every gym doing the weight for there "ego" and not the muscles they are tryin to work. Which is why they often look like shit, and never progress. I think that cheating is a sure way of gettin hurt. JMO

Last edited:
Form and poundages

I use alot of heavy weights but I am coming to the conclusion that you can make any moderate weight as heavy as you want. Just go on a slow pace and squeeze the heck out of the muscle the entire rep range, it will cash out any body part fast and talk about one hell of a pump.

Mako

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity