over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I Hate Cheat Meals

RDS

Registered
I know, but just hear me out...

I'm super strict with my diet for 2 reasons - the first is the obvious reason that I have physique goals I want to achieve and need to eat a certain way to do so. The second reason is I have a few food sensitivities I need to be mindful of, so that's a quality of life thing (feeling bloated and like you're going to shit your pants at work is no way to live). So because of that I tend to eat more or less the exact same foods in varying quantities every day. It's mostly lean beef, white rice, cream of rice, vegetables that don't bloat me, fish, kefir, and a few fruits. It doesn't impact my life too heavily as my girlfriend and I have a slightly different day to day schedule, and so I can pretty much stick to my diet 100%.

But, of course, you have to make time for meals out in restaurants and other such occasions. Life is for living, after all, but I'm at the stage now where I really don't enjoy cheat meals anymore. Sure, it's nice to eat something off plan and delicious every now and then, but I usually just end up feeling bloated and shitty for a day or two after. Hardly seems worth it. I love the social aspect of dinner with my mrs in a restaurant somewhere or getting some barbecue or whatever with my buddies, but the actual food itself I really don't look forward to at all. I mostly just eat it to be polite.

Anyone else? I never really crave junk anymore and if I didn't have any kind of social life to speak of I could happily just stick to the diet forever.

That sucks man. I love eating high fat shit food. I always wake up the next day muscles fuller, more vascular, feeling strong. I really can pound some shitty food down if I feel my strength stalling. Would rather do that than switch above TRT...

Not trying to directly point it back at you RDS, but that's just your personal relationship with food.
I've lived my life both ways. Caring too much and not caring enough. The answer is somewhat in the middle.
It also seems like your POV is heavily leaned on your food allergies so that makes you very different than most guys on here.
Yeah...most guys want to look great and will avoid McDonalds. But if you FORCE them to eat a burger and fries, they're going to love it....and certain ones will feel shitty and guilty after. The fact that you cannot enjoy it, no matter how hard, means your opinion is likely due to your shitty digestion as it makes you feel terrible.

Just like you have foods you stick to in your daily diet, you probably need to find cheat meals that you handle better. For example, I'd never do pizza for a cheat meal because I can't digest it well but I can do 50 pieces of sushi or a large fried rice from Pei Wei like it's nothing.

I have absolutely no problem sticking to my bodybuilding diet but I really enjoy good food, different food, trying new restaurants, etc. Even deep in a hardcore diet like I am now we still eat out twice a week. Unless you pay your bills with your body life is just too short to be so restrictive all the time.

That sucks man. I love eating high fat shit food. I always wake up the next day muscles fuller, more vascular, feeling strong. I really can pound some shitty food down if I feel my strength stalling. Would rather do that than switch above TRT...
Yeah i’ll Wake up looking great followed by a sprint to the toilet later in the afternoon! Those first few hours I do look good though...

Not trying to directly point it back at you RDS, but that's just your personal relationship with food.
I've lived my life both ways. Caring too much and not caring enough. The answer is somewhat in the middle.
It also seems like your POV is heavily leaned on your food allergies so that makes you very different than most guys on here.
Yeah...most guys want to look great and will avoid McDonalds. But if you FORCE them to eat a burger and fries, they're going to love it....and certain ones will feel shitty and guilty after. The fact that you cannot enjoy it, no matter how hard, means your opinion is likely due to your shitty digestion as it makes you feel terrible.
Oh I completely agree with everything you said there. This is very much my own subjective opinion. I was wondering if anyone was in a similar boat to me but I do understand it’s not the norm

Just like you have foods you stick to in your daily diet, you probably need to find cheat meals that you handle better. For example, I'd never do pizza for a cheat meal because I can't digest it well but I can do 50 pieces of sushi or a large fried rice from Pei Wei like it's nothing.

I have absolutely no problem sticking to my bodybuilding diet but I really enjoy good food, different food, trying new restaurants, etc. Even deep in a hardcore diet like I am now we still eat out twice a week. Unless you pay your bills with your body life is just too short to be so restrictive all the time.
Sushi is usually my go to as well. Load up on sashimi and rice

Sushi is usually my go to as well. Load up on sashimi and rice

yea it’s hard to beat sushi for a cheat meal. I have a very sensitive stomach.

my go to’s on date night are top sirloin or pork tenderloin from a steak house with two baked potatoes with salt and chives...

or sushi rolls with avocado and fish on top. No sauce or fried, and I feel fucking amazing after either of those

I’m starting to realize that we’re probably sensitive to cheat meals as we never have them so they affect us worse which is why I believe they are now necessary. I never cheat or refeed and my metabolism took a big hit, so I’m going to start forcing them. If you’re worried just do some extra cardio and hit legs that day. I remember when I first started , cheat meals on the weekend were huge so I did them and always would flatten out by day 3 post cheat .

look at bboy; he incorporates cheat meals a lot and drops like crazy

at the end of the day, it’s just food

yea it’s hard to beat sushi for a cheat meal. I have a very sensitive stomach.

my go to’s on date night are top sirloin or pork tenderloin from a steak house with two baked potatoes with salt and chives...

or sushi rolls with avocado and fish on top. No sauce or fried, and I feel fucking amazing after either of those

sashimi is the best. If I could afford it that would be my diet lol. The rolls are a cheat, but sashimi is as clean as you can get

I’m starting to realize that we’re probably sensitive to cheat meals as we never have them so they affect us worse which is why I believe they are now necessary. I never cheat or refeed and my metabolism took a big hit, so I’m going to start forcing them. If you’re worried just do some extra cardio and hit legs that day. I remember when I first started , cheat meals on the weekend were huge so I did them and always would flatten out by day 3 post cheat .

look at bboy; he incorporates cheat meals a lot and drops like crazy

at the end of the day, it’s just food
Dude with Bboy it’s all genetics ;)

Personally I don’t look at any food as bad or dirty food. It’s just food. I have a set calorie amount and if I want something I’ll eat it as long I meet my cals for the day and my protein requirements then it ultimately doesn’t matter.
Also, just because you go out to eat doesn’t mean you have to eat “bad” food. I can find something anywhere even I’m being extremely strict.
I hear people all the time say they went out to eat so they fell off their diet. It’s a bs excuse. I went to Cracker Barrel and had broccoli, fruit and grilled chicken tenders. I can go to Wendy’s and order 2 pieces of grilled chicken and a plain baked potato or beef patty. I’ve never had to break away from my diet outline because i went out to eat unless I simply wanted to.
I hear some guys talk about diet and it’s basically an eating disorder with how unhealthy their relationship with food is.

The word cheat implies you arent supposed to be doing it. For most of us here (I hope given how much time we talk about bodybuilding, peds, labwork, and supplementation) I think calling it a cheat is at the very least misbranding what the meal(s) is/are supposed to be and at the worst halting progress in the gym.

I have done it most of the ways you can possibly do it and there's no question to me the "cheat meal" is nothing but beneficial. I realize some people have food allergies or IBS but there has to be things you can eat you enjoy. You're going to live this one time and you are going to die. Everyone gets to die, not everyone gets to live. Try to relax and enjoy yourself.

The best PR campaign the cheat meal ever had was Skip calling it a Skipload. That was the right play.

As the years/decades go by i have been eating less junk, even though I never ate much to start. There were no fast food places where I grew up. And the desire for crap and desserts has dwindled down. So it is easier to eat healthy. I do enjoy dining out at a good restaurant. I never saw a benefit to the cheat meal. If anything it just means I was depriving myself consistently of calories/nutrition that i could have been using on a daily basis. I see it more being useful from a physiological release valve. But it seems many don't require it.

As the years/decades go by i have been eating less junk, even though I never ate much to start. There were no fast food places where I grew up. And the desire for crap and desserts has dwindled down. So it is easier to eat healthy. I do enjoy dining out at a good restaurant. I never saw a benefit to the cheat meal. If anything it just means I was depriving myself consistently of calories/nutrition that i could have been using on a daily basis. I see it more being useful from a physiological release valve. But it seems many don't require it.
I agree and I've been so disappointed in fast food meals (pretty much since covid hit) lately for whatever reason, not to mention the price keeps going up. give me the sirloin steak and potatoes like someone else said above.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws