YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I have the worst grip in the world, any tips?

Deadlift with a double overhand grip for as long as you can, never use straps, do dumbbell rows with heavy weight, do plate pinches (hold 2 45lb plates with smooth parts facing out, for time), and hex dumbbell holds will do the trick.

i also have to use straps not on all exercises but there a handy tool when needed. i see nothing wrong with using straps to get those extra reps when needed

Keep the straps for max only days, and instead use Chalk, or "dry hands". I actually went and bought the 2 inch heavy duty rubber grip slips that go over any Olympic bar and use those on speed days...it works the grip amazingly! I use them with dumbbells and all pulling motions...after the workouts my forearms are dead, but the inch bar seems like nothing for my next workout!

I would drop the straps, unless you are doing pull ups or rows. If you want to improve your grip for the dead lift, try pin pulling from above the knees and holding weight for 5-7 seconds. Deads usually dont last any longer than that in a meet. No sense in training grip for endurance if you cant hold onto your deads at the end of the meet.

Big O. Just want to say. I don't think using straps and comparing them to half reps on squats is a good analogy.

I've had two surgeries on my right wrist from years of working construction and using power equipment. I love powerlifting, but am unable to compete at the level that I was at because of my wrists. I have to resort to straps and wraps and respectfully can still pull a lot of weight and I don't do pussy ass half rep squats either.

I have been out of the gym for almost 2 years. Before I stoped I had terrible grip and was dependent on wrist wraps. I used them for everything from Lat pulls to even DB curls some times. I just bought some new straps but im not going to use them i decided until I have too, I think it rediculous I have to quit my set during lat pulls before I reach failure because I cannot hold on.

I think this is the place to ask for help. Can you guys give me any recommendations to improve my grip? I know heavy holds over long peroids of time help but I would like some thing a little more planned I could add to my current routine. Thanks for any input.

Old post, but I'll chime in.

Farmers walks at the end of your workouts, something like every 3-4 days. Grab the 150lb DB's or the heaviest your can hang on to, and go for a walk around the gym. Make sure they're heavy enough that you drop them somehwere in your walk. Make at least 4-5 laps. The final lap should be a struggle, re-gripping the DB's every 10-15 feet or so. I did this religiously in high school and college. It's why my forearms at one point where bigger than my biceps and also why I pulled 585 with no straps my senior year with just chalk and a belt. I actually don't do them any more because my forearms got TOO big.

Old post, but I'll chime in.

Farmers walks at the end of your workouts, something like every 3-4 days. Grab the 150lb DB's or the heaviest your can hang on to, and go for a walk around the gym. Make sure they're heavy enough that you drop them somehwere in your walk. Make at least 4-5 laps. The final lap should be a struggle, re-gripping the DB's every 10-15 feet or so. I did this religiously in high school and college. It's why my forearms at one point where bigger than my biceps and also why I pulled 585 with no straps my senior year with just chalk and a belt. I actually don't do them any more because my forearms got TOO big.

X2
It is actually damn good cardio too. It's what Derek Poundstone does for cardio

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member