over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

i have to say...

lucian

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
i was watching colmans video and he made a good point, you dont have to let bbing consume you. many of us haver families,wives girlfriends,boyfriends ,husbands,children,jobs,school, and some of the new guys getting into bbing think you cant have a job,or girlfriend, or anything so you can focus and not be side tracked. BULLSHIT!!! I worked 50 hr a week, drove 1 1/2 hr to work,and 1 hr home( no traffic.) still got up at 6 am did cardio,stuck to my diet, did my training, and ill tell you what, kept my friends and girlfriend and job. i know there are a lota you guys here who do the same thing, you dont let real life be sidetracked by bbing. so remember when the show is over and you have thrown everything away for bbig, real life is still there. my advice?? train,diet,go to work, be pleasnt(as possible) and go home and spend time w your loved ones, bodybuilding is not life, its a lifestyle.it actualy makes it a bit easier on you haveing an outlet besides bbing. life goes on, but not if you throw it all away. i did it in the past. quit my job to train, dumped my girl then after the show,i had nothing. it sucks!! you can take what i say w a grain of salt but its something to think about it. if colman could do it and become mr olympia,...then we can to!!! i admidre him for that above all else. even his work ethic.
fellas ,ladies, anyone else agree????
lucian

In my day I walked through 6 feet of snow to get to the gym! Uphill both ways!

JK. =)

I actually haven't been into bodybuilding long enough to actually have a respectable opinion on this other than to say that I agree with you on needing to have other outlets other than bbing.

You make a great point there Lucian. I agree 100% I especially agree that having outlets makes BB'ing easier. During my prep, I still went out to the bars with buddies every weekend, and even went out to dinner with them. I jsut had a diet coke at the bar, and a plain salad at the resturaunt. I even was haniging out with this new girl I was tlaking to, it was cool and layed back, she undertood that I couldnt drink at party ahrd, but we still had a good time. This really helped my sanity, I would sometimes just get sick of being either at home or at the gym and being a recluse, I have to get out. I hope the young guys listen to this. I am young, but I am just glad that I caught onto this quickly. It's funny I am glad I did my first show b/c b4 I competed I did not realize this, but when the discipline stepped up...so did I...kinda wierd.

nahhh

no way herris im fro rhode island, it was only 3 feet of snow!!!lol:D
you forgot w no shoes on too!!:eek:
just playing w ya man!!
lucian

I hear that and its perfect sense. I myself trained for so many shows over the years and didnt enter within a month out I got freaked out over stuff ..Job hrs changed, or something.. And I sat in the audience like a fool !

It is a lifestyle, but you also have to have heart to live the lifestyle !

Family
Training should be 1 and 2 lol

Symmetry in life and Symmetry in body and U win!

Its never been that way for me anyway. Being consumed too much by anything is bad in my opinion.

lucian i tried to do the family thing but i barely fit in the rollercoasters on our family fun day so i said the hell with it i'm going back to the gym.

Must say, I agree with the premise behind a well-balanced life.

Unlike many of you BB veterans, my experience with your world is achieved vicariously through Lucian and as a “supporter” (which I say proudly because I get to witness what passion and hard work really are first-hand—that and I get to kick some ass when spirits are down). Even so, I am proof of a well-rounded lifestyle.

I can’t lie and say BodyBuilding is a selfless sport, we all know it’s not. But therein again, it comes down to balance (He would [and will] do it for me. If you let your sport consume you, there is literally nothing [and no one, but a taco-bell-starved, looks-like-he-was-dragged-through-the mud-with-his-sweat-ridden-pro-tan, brownish-yellow-ass-toenails, Joe Blow] left when the game is over…

My only, understood-as-not-yet-accredited advice to Bbers and or Bbers-to-be is to, “Adore your wife. If you don’t someone else will.” In doing so, she’ll make sure you get the love, support and good ass kicking that you need.

Did make any sense at all??

Quick version: Bodybuilding isn’t life. But metaphorically speaking, bodybuilding is life in that there are many things that work together to make it a success. Training, diet, VITAMINS and support are to bodybuilding as crucial as love, shelter, etc are to living.

Ok, no more. Thanks for reading.
LKG

edge, i hear ya things like movie seats and things suck for anyone over 200 lb.

lkg, well said. i hope some of the younger guys at least think about it before throwing everything but bbing away.

lucian

Life is about balance!!!!

AWN2004 said it correctly. Too much of anything good or bad is not healthy in the long run.

Well its a good thing Im not a bber ;)

In conditioning myself toward national (and hopefully international) competition I know Ill be competing against people who make my sport their life because they have governments to support them.

I on the other hand have other priorities even though I wouldnt mind living for a sport. But I understand that whether youre at one extreme (chosen for the sport) or the other (just messing around) you need physical, mental, and spiritual balance.

Not everyone needs to have kids or whatever, but balance is a must. Besides, when you do reach your goal, it is nice to have close friends their to cheer you on :)

StevO said:
Symmetry in life and Symmetry in body and U win!

I like that quote alot.

Is that Larry Scott in your avatar? Looks massive. :)

AWN2004 said:
Its never been that way for me anyway. Being consumed too much by anything is bad in my opinion.
Couldnt agree more, took me some time to come to this conclusion and not just pertaining to BBing either.

Sesshomaru said:
Well its a good thing Im not a bber ;)

In conditioning myself toward national (and hopefully international) competition I know Ill be competing against people who make my sport their life because they have governments to support them.

I on the other hand have other priorities even though I wouldnt mind living for a sport. But I understand that whether youre at one extreme (chosen for the sport) or the other (just messing around) you need physical, mental, and spiritual balance.

Not everyone needs to have kids or whatever, but balance is a must. Besides, when you do reach your goal, it is nice to have close friends their to cheer you on :)

Very well said.

BrooklynBB said:
I like that quote alot.

Is that Larry Scott in your avatar? Looks massive. :)

Brooklyn that's Dan Vadis in the avatar. He was in some of the spagetti Hercules movies in the early sixties. He was well over six feet and impressive for his time. Later on in the 70's he had small tough guy parts in a lot of Clint Eastwood's movies. In the 80's I think he hit bottom though. Sorry to say he died of a drug overdose in 1987, (Heroin) Guess he lost the life/symmetry balance.

lucian said:
edge, i hear ya things like movie seats and things suck for anyone over 200 lb.

You ain't Kiddin, I build race cars for a living, and have been as big as 270 try fitting yor ass in the back of a car and welding bars where a 160lb guy has a hard time! I sucks BUT it sucks worse to be small..;)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear