YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I have yet to see 1 valid argument as to why food is more effective than whey protein

Not all proteins are the same. The amino acid profile and bioavailability of say the protein in peanuts, is going to be much different from milk. Eating 100g worth of protein from peanuts is not going to give you the same results as 100g of protein from milk. So trying to get a lot of your protein from just one source which may not have a good amino acid profile and/or bioavailability is going to be detrimental to you in results.

Your never going to get the full aminos from vegan proteins, animal is the way to go!

you know after i was weeeened my body was set up to chew food with saliva and that action will set up stomach in a favroable amount, tasting the food so forth, really sets up head to toe for both the point of eatin which is energy source and being happy.

i dont wanna chug cold whey protein powder with xanathan gum and heavly sweetned with choco flavor and other things, guzzle down protein and swallow,, is that what someguys are into? guzzling down milky protein throughout the day ahahahhahahah

others have said it im sure, natural ways of getting vitamins and fibers and eating the food you grew up with and comforotable with

how many threads do we see with people saying im getting shitz from whey, beef and other powders. well stop that shit, then durrhh

i do drink extremely hydrolyzed whey in the morning for convenience and of course i alternate with LBA with whole foods but thats different than relying on it as the sole source.

I don't understand, in this post you condemn those who drink processed protein powders, but you yourself rely on liquid protein sources...sure whole food is great, but liquid sources are good for the reasons that you admit.

Your body can't distinguish protein from whey vs protein from meat. It just recognizes that it's protein and then uses it as required.

Protein = protein no matter what the source.

The reason people recommend using whole foods are the extras provided by the whole foods such as vitamins and amino acids.

If you choose to use whey protein as your only source then go for it. However, your body will be missing out on some of the other essentials provided by whole foods.

this is exactly the point I am trying to make. glad to see some people agree with me

Yes I agree 99%. But although I feel that way I wouldn't feel comfortable say having all my protein from shakes. I believe in a well balanced diet containing various types of protein, carbs and fat etc. I love my protein shakes but nothing beats a big steak for me :)

And BBoy is spot on about people overcomplicating things. I am not one of them. Saying that I am not surprised this thread is still going as it is an interesting subject for many. But at the end of the day protein is protein... yes I know bioavailability is different but lets not start another 4 pages arguing that too :)

agreed. sure we'd all rather eat a nice steak, but that's not the point of the thread.

I doubt 5 meals coming from whey as the protein source with one other meal being chicken, will be much different than 5 meals from chicken and another from whey

What are you talking about. You totally misunderstood what I was saying... completely! I wasn't saying well there is no point in giving a fuck. My diet is mainly whole foods of excellent quality. It mainly consists of beef, chicken, fish (all the previous 3 of good quality and not that crap pumped full of hormones, water etc), coconut oil, olive oil, fruits (pineapple, acai, blueberries, apples, raspberries, passion fruit etc, sweet potatoes, brown rice, oats, whole eggs, greek yoghurt etc etc. My protein powder has no sweetners or fillers in and is of excellent quality... hey I don't even get it flavoured.

And the other poster calling me irrational... ha. My whole point was (by the way I am not saying this about you but just generally)... people tend to pick and choose about certain things in life. You could be totally different. I used to manage my own bodybuilding shop (selling supplements, fruits, nuts, other foods etc) and I would get people come in saying this sweetner causes cancer etc etc. But many of them were on gear they bought from some unknown. They pick and choose.

The starter of this thread gets it. I never directly answered his question because that was the point he was trying to make. He wanted to find out cause by his knowledge there is no evidence stating a clear answer. I believe whole foods are better for various reasons. But I also believe powders can be better for other reasons too. I use them for convenience. Sometimes I can't be bothered making 400g steaks and pasta at 1am so I may have a shake instead with some nuts or coconut oil or whatever I decide to do. I have never had any issues with preotein powders... apart from when I used some crap one I knew was full of fillers and other shite.

So when you read posts in the futute try and use some common sense.

If that's not what you meant, I believe you. But if you read your post in a different way, it could be understood that you were saying, "people are using harsh steroids, why should they care how they manage their diet?". But I now see you do care about a proper diet, which is a good thing.

funny how not a single thing you listed there said "yields better results", which is the entire point of this thread.

people want to go on about shit like health when 99% of America eats like crap their entire lives yet it hardly ever shortens their lifespans (other than the obese). Here we are on a forum where all of us inject steroids regularly, yet people are trying to sell me on the fact it is 1000x healthier to eat whole food as their protein source instead of whey or casein. That is such a minor detail, it isn't even worthy of being discussed. It also has no bearing on body composition, which is what we are supposed to be talking about here

Is this not what you titled this thread?: "I have yet to see 1 valid argument as to why food is more effective than whey protein" Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's what you wrote. I think you just don't want to accept the answer and now you are switching it to purely "effects on body composition" :rolleyes:

And please, are you illiterate, or are you simply a fool when it comes to nutrition? You say you don't see a single point that yields better results? So you're saying that being healthy will not give us better gains? Hey guys, stop all your vitamins, AlphaHomieDawgie here says we can still be massive beast even if we're always sick! Oh, and digestion? Hell, it's not like that would be important? NOOOO! Christ it's not like the whole of this post about how much protein you are actually DIGESTING and USING is really important... could it? Nahhhh...... Yeah, and fuck nutrition! no one needs that shit, it's all marketting bro!

By the way, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I just want to know what I'm dealing with here, I have this wierd sence that I'm talking to a brick wall or something... kinda like the same feeling I get when I'm talking to my nephew (who's 10 and has severe ADHD).

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws