advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I have yet to see 1 valid argument as to why food is more effective than whey protein

supplements are not regulated by the FDA, food is. So you can't really be sure if your protein powder contains what it says.

how about just the fact that you're relying on a non-regulated for-profit company as your source of protein.. and DC just recently told us all how scummy and unreliable that industry is.

when your gulping down those countless shakes instead of "real" food do you even really know what you're putting in your body?

1)This is the same concept used by people who believe you need to eat 6 meals a day instead of 3. Seriously I don't think the thermogenic effect of breaking food down will make any significant difference in body composition.

2) add some oats/peanut butter to a shake and you have a perfect balance.

3) this doesn't prove anything. I prepare my shakes for the day at night before I go to bed. It is a ritual.

okay.....comletely ignorant answers....and I'd agree that it's clearly a ritual for you....or ought to be anyhow. So.....why this post? is this to get a majority vote on a bet or something? If not.....then why are you debating answers instead of learning? Nice avatar.....I guess.....but if that's what whey'll do for ya......then I'll stick to my steaks....

I'm not suggesting whey being the only protein source necessary for gains. But if you have two whole meals that included say...chicken and fish, then for your next 4 meals whey was the main protein source, it won't make a difference

I would be shocked if it mattered much. You need a fair amount of complete protein. You need a reasonably balanced diet. We know this much ... after that it seems like speculation, conflicting anecdotes, and personal preference. (Actually I like lbas these days)

how about just the fact that you're relying on a non-regulated for-profit company as your source of protein.. and DC just recently told us all how scummy and unreliable that industry is.

when your gulping down those countless shakes instead of "real" food do you even really know what you're putting in your body?

this is probably the most credible argument I have seen. For this reason, I stick to the popular and well known brand like ON for my whey

okay.....comletely ignorant answers....and I'd agree that it's clearly a ritual for you....or ought to be anyhow. So.....why this post? is this to get a majority vote on a bet or something? If not.....then why are you debating answers instead of learning? Nice avatar.....I guess.....but if that's what whey'll do for ya......then I'll stick to my steaks....

ignorant answers? What is the point of this post other than to flame me for not accepting what the majority always says based on complete parroting? Good eyes with the avatar because you can clearly see it nice and large in the tiny box. You certainly have a great idea of what my physique looks like now.

oh, and I AM trying to learn, so teach me why I am wrong. When I see something that makes sense, I will thank you

Alpha.....have you tried whole food w/o whey? Have you tried different meats to see what works best for you? Tried salmon, steak, chicken, pork, turkey, lamb, vinicin, buffalo, and so on? If you'd actually tried these things then I'd have to think you'd be really hard-pressed to argue.......unless you're a vegetarian who's trying to justify his decision........

ignorant answers? What is the point of this post other than to flame me for not accepting what the majority always says based on complete parroting? Good eyes with the avatar because you can clearly see it nice and large in the tiny box. You certainly have a great idea of what my physique looks like now.

oh, and I AM trying to learn, so teach me why I am wrong. When I see something that makes sense, I will thank you

oh....sure....umm.....correct.....good job

Alpha.....have you tried whole food w/o whey? Have you tried different meats to see what works best for you? Tried salmon, steak, chicken, pork, turkey, lamb, vinicin, buffalo, and so on? If you'd actually tried these things then I'd have to think you'd be really hard-pressed to argue.......unless you're a vegetarian who's trying to justify his decision........

of course I have. In fact I only have 2 shakes a day, which are pre (w/ oats) and post workout. All my other meals are food. I have also tried more shakes than food, and didn't see much of a difference. good job making false assumptions though. And I despise the vegetarian lifestyle...

okay good......so I still don't understand you're question then.......or why you're asking it rather.....sounds like the proof is in your pudding.....wait.....your not a biology major are you? or pre-med?

okay good......so I still don't understand you're question then.......or why you're asking it rather.....sounds like the proof is in your pudding.....wait.....your not a biology major are you? or pre-med?

listen clown, all you have done is flame because you happen to disagree. I am not trying to prove that whey is superior or is the same as chicken, fish, and steak when it comes to muscle building. I am looking to find someone else who can prove that it is worse

The bottom line is this... nobody knows what all the body's reactions to things are. That's why every year something new is unhealthy that was thought healthy, nobody knows "how much" is good and when it becomes "too much" .. etc...

Micronutrients play a big part in keeping your body balanced and healthy. I would imagine that having a variety of food sources does as well. Only eating chicken breast for 100% of your protien, or only eating eggs, or limiting yourself of any one thing is probably not the best choice. As someone else said we've been eating natural, whole foods for millions of years.. nobody really knows if these new man made foods are as good or better..

The bottom line is this... nobody knows what all the body's reactions to things are. That's why every year something new is unhealthy that was thought healthy, nobody knows "how much" is good and when it becomes "too much" .. etc...

Micronutrients play a big part in keeping your body balanced and healthy. I would imagine that having a variety of food sources does as well. Only eating chicken breast for 100% of your protien, or only eating eggs, or limiting yourself of any one thing is probably not the best choice. As someone else said we've been eating natural, whole foods for millions of years.. nobody really knows if these new man made foods are as good or better..

I hear you, but do you really believe your body will look any different whether you have 50g of whey as opposed to 50g of chicken?

listen clown, all you have done is flame because you happen to disagree. I am not trying to prove that whey is superior or is the same as chicken, fish, and steak when it comes to muscle building. I am looking to find someone else who can prove that it is worse

my first post wasn't flaming.....some of the following may have been.....i wrote them after seeing your comments to other folks post.....you want proof....go do a fucking study....CLOWN....this is a message board and nearly all posts express opionions.....you want facts.....to an unclear question? go get em.......piss ant

eat 1lb steak w/ 3 whole eggs once per day for a month w/o any protein drinks throughout the day at all. Then.....eat whatever it is you eat and have your protein drinks. Compare.....and......it's not a marginal difference.....it's HUGE. Nice post though.

Agreed

Strange that you would use Phil Hernon as an example of why whole food is better. Not only is Phil Hernon a strong advocate for using LBA's with coconut oil as meals, but I specifically recall seeing Phil himself argue on this board that whole food is no better than engineered food in terms of results. What's more, he even said he prepped for his USA victory using LBA's as his primary source of protein.

Also, why are you flaming the shit out of the OP for asking a legitimate question?

As far as I can see, the only instance in which whole food would be better is if you need to make every calorie count in terms of satiety/fullness. If you're dieting, you don't want to consume too many shakes because they don't stick to your ribs and keep you full.

It's a joke, not a dick....dont take it so harde :p

Dont know if this is a valid argument but im always hungry sooner after drinking a shake then real food...

I hear you, but do you really believe your body will look any different whether you have 50g of whey as opposed to 50g of chicken?

Unless your chewing your shake, you arent going to assimilate it like you would whole food that you have to chew.

Whey digest too fast, yes you can add oats, pb, whatever. Still isnt like chewing food and digesting it.

If it works for you then why question it?

yeahhh!!
chewing = more bioavailability and more protein being absorbed and retained.
lbas, milk...totally worthless cuz u dont chew them.

anyway....
high quality protein source v high quality protein source?
only difference is the bulk of the meat isnt protein. it's just other stuff that goes along for the ride. whey doesnt have the bulk to it. it's just mostly protein.
i use it with every meal. id rather drink an 8oz glass of milk with a scoop of whey and have 4-6 oz of meat than choke down 10 oz of meat/chicken every godam meal/

Staff online

• Bio
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner