over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I Just Don't Get it

Tough Old Man

Kilo Klub Member
I've been thinking about changing my training to powerlifting. But just about every powerlifting program has Pushdowns for tricep exercises. I have hardly seen one which utilizes Skullcrushers or weighted dips.

What is it that I missing here. I thought pushdowns were basically useless for size and strength.

Tough

It's not just changing your routine to power lifting......its changing your mind set.....

I know alot of guys who just didn't have the heart....most BB'ers just dont have the heart and drive to power lift.....thats a fact.....training thru pain....severe back spasms ...and always wanting to go heavier and heavier....it may sound easy but its not...

Neither is dieting for a show...thats hard also.....i dont know many power lifters who could do that either...

What programs are you looking at that include pushdowns? If you are looking at a standard conjugate periodization template a la "Westside" pushdowns are used as a lighter acessory movement. Overhead tri extensions and elbows out tri extensions (Tate presses) are often used as well.

Most of the max effort work is heavily dependant on tri dominant exercises. Stuff like board presses, lockouts, close grip bench presses, and dumbell work are all heavily involve the triceps.

skull crusher aggravate alot of elbows so people stay away from them. heavy rack work and board presses are mainly used now cause of shirt work. dips are great but aggrivate aot of shoulders. what kinda program u lookin at? post it up and let me see what ur thinking about.

Many of the guys that i talk to hammer their tris and simply neglect the Bi's and as a result have a lot of pain and injury problems. Im not saying 20 sets of Bi's or anything that extreme, but I have found and have seen many others, including Scott Mendelson, advocate the use of hammer curls to help the elbow actuation and reduce pain of heavy extensions.

Big_O said:
It's not just changing your routine to power lifting......its changing your mind set.....

I know alot of guys who just didn't have the heart....most BB'ers just dont have the heart and drive to power lift.....thats a fact.....training thru pain....severe back spasms ...and always wanting to go heavier and heavier....it may sound easy but its not...

Neither is dieting for a show...thats hard also.....i dont know many power lifters who could do that either...

Dont have the heart? what kind of bullshit statement is that? We could say most powerlifters dont have the balls to stop stuffing they face and not look like a fat piece of truckdriver white trash... keep your childish shit comments to yourself... this is a BodyBuilding forum to begin with.. you need to stay over at west side and play with your boxes and rubberbands.

Yea but asshole your in the powerlifting forum...go back and play with the weaker people...

Childess my ass.I'm 247 with 12-14% bf and I'm 5'8"..your reps mean nothing to me.try it with some weight.....no doubt you cut everything high anyway....

I'll say it right now i doubt you have the heart...very very few people do...especially when the bar reaches into the 600's and 700's on the squats as your opener...let alone the weight that Byrd handles.....i'll bet youd fold like a pancake....

especially when you rip your calouses from a power bar doing deads and your fucking shins are bleeding all over the place...you'll do like most of them...QUIT

Any jerk-off can do clen/t-3,eca's.and get ripped.....I did a t-3/clen cycle last year..thats as bad or worse than stenox.....If you read the thread I also said dieting for a show is not easy either...

Last edited:
Ok so your right powerlifters are better than bodybuiders...there you happy now. The problem with you is you think your something that your not. The differences between our two sports are really small, but it makes you feel better to trash us and make your self feel good. I'd like you to try to keep up with Dorian or Coleman in thier workouts. Powerlifters do one or two reps sets. Im not impressed.
The ironic thing is, is the best powerlifters used Bodybuilding in their training while the best bodybuilders use powerlifting in thiers. We can learn a lot from each others training... but your to stuck in your "Im better than you" mentality to keep an open mind. But if it makes you feel like a man to cut bodybuilders down then you have a self esteem issue to deal with first.

DaRooster said:
Dont have the heart? what kind of bullshit statement is that? We could say most powerlifters dont have the balls to stop stuffing they face and not look like a fat piece of truckdriver white trash... keep your childish shit comments to yourself... this is a BodyBuilding forum to begin with.. you need to stay over at west side and play with your boxes and rubberbands.

Well DAAAAAAARooster if you had any sence you would notice that you were in the Powerlifting/Strongman forum and not the Bodybuilding forum. So just stop trying to start Sh** and if you don't like the subject matter in this forum stay out of it.

DaRooster said:

HAHAHA this made me bust out laughing! Guys, both sports have their stereotypes, and theres a reason for it. But if u will look closer, most at the top of either sport lift hard and heavy, AND watch their diet pretty close.

I dont see where the problem is between the 2 sports. I jhave done BB shows before. i still eat like a bodybuilder and even train like a BBer. the only difference is when im peaking for a meet or trying to improve a certian lift. We all train to get bigger and stronger, its just where u want to put more of the focus.

Well big byrd you most be the only BB out there with any heart.... at lest one BB /powerlifter... has more than heart...you have a brains too.
Thanks for your in put BigByrd52

hughesy said:
Well DAAAAAAARooster if you had any sence you would notice that you were in the Powerlifting/Strongman forum and not the Bodybuilding forum. So just stop trying to start Sh** and if you don't like the subject matter in this forum stay out of it.

You where saying, DUUUUMBASS?

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner