over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I need a leg routine from hell!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean604

Registered
whats your guys routine to make them wheels grow!! Feel like my leg workouts haven't been cutting it! Please help!

whats your leg workout...???

Start out with three to four good hard sets of lying leg curls. really smoke them and do 10 partial reps at the end of every set. Move on to leg extensions for 3 sets of 20. Make them hard and get the knees warmed up. Move over to squats. I like to pyramid up in weight until I hit a set that is a bone crushingly hard set of eight. This is usually around 8 or so sets but only the last three or four sets are very hard and count as work sets. Then super set 3 sets of hack squats with walking lunges. If you can use weight on the lunges go ahead but if not just do as many reps with bodyweight as you can. Then smash those bad boys with one last set of DC style widowmaker leg press. I want you to take a weight that is hard for 12 reps...and get 25 reps with it. So youll get to 12..take a couple quick breaths and 4 or so more reps..couple breathsand 2 or 3 and so on till you get 25. This will hurt!! Then give me 4 good sets of sldl's with a real good stretch and contraction and you should be smoked

My current leg work out is ...

Squats 5x8
Leg press 3x20
Stiff leg deads 4x8
Leg curls 3x15
Extensions 3x15
Finish with calves 5x till failure

I'm not a big recovery guy, as someone who has a split of 7 days a week. But I will say, that I have had my one of my leg days on Saturday for many years now. I pretty much have a typical work week with Saturdays off, most of the time. Saturday is leg day, preferably late morning, early afternoon. Heavy basic movements while young. But don't sacrifice form, great way to screw up your lower back.
The reason for the Saturday thing is you can plenty of calories for awhile after the workout and maybe a nap, before or after. This contributes to recovery.

when i put a 2nd leg day in my routine with completely different exercises than my typical leg day squat/stiff leg dl/leg press/leg raise routine, things started progressing nicely. hardly anyone seems to do things like lunges.

alternatively, having 2 leg days a week with similar routines but alternating volume from heavy/low rep to lighter/high rep has also worked well for me. things like doing 100s on a leg press or hack squat machine...talk about fucking brutal

when i put a 2nd leg day in my routine with completely different exercises than my typical leg day squat/stiff leg dl/leg press/leg raise routine, things started progressing nicely. hardly anyone seems to do things like lunges.

alternatively, having 2 leg days a week with similar routines but alternating volume from heavy/low rep to lighter/high rep has also worked well for me. things like doing 100s on a leg press or hack squat machine...talk about fucking brutal

:yeahthat:
Lunges are unbelievable for both quads and hams. No lower back pain either.

Leg extension to warm up .
100 squats so if u do 25 and stop and rest 75 seconds then continue that way til reach a 100
5 sets calf Til fail each set

I need to re-read the ebook, but I remember it being somewhat complicated. Have you purchased " The Virgin Voyage: A Basic Fortitude Training Program for your First Blast"?

Isn't this the program already written out for you to follow? I was contemplating getting it so that I have everything spelled out even if I have to adjust certain things here and there.

I need to re-read the ebook, but I remember it being somewhat complicated. Have you purchased " The Virgin Voyage: A Basic Fortitude Training Program for your First Blast"?

Isn't this the program already written out for you to follow? I was contemplating getting it so that I have everything spelled out even if I have to adjust certain things here and there.

complicated is the scam.....

the very first paragraph says that fortitude training is COMMON SENSE....

:lightbulb:

Heaviest weight you can hang with 12 reps....Force yourself to get 20. If you hit your breaking point then you've gone far enough. You can also try pre exhausting squads before squatting like heavyhitter mentioned. That tends to suck pretty bad. Iso before compound. Farmers carry, sled pulls...functional movements with compound work for me also. A lot of great ideas here. Fortitude is solid as well. Mix it up till you find something that produces results.

Sent from my SM-G530P using Professional Muscle mobile app

No need to do set after set. Just do Hit, if you want to push it, train like someone has a gun to your head and will kill your family if you dont get another rep.

On leg press do a set close to failure , rest pause for 10-15 breathes and do another set, and another , and another. Do as many as you wish. Just did this today. If your going super heavy for yourself do yourself a favor and get a spotter, otherwise you can pass out from blood going to your head. Never passed out doing this, someone has though

also learn to breathe at the top , in between pausing before another rep, this helps blood pressure, and doing more reps

My legs have always been a weak point for me, they just never seemed to grow. My training was similar to what you are doing now. A few months ago, I completely overhauled my mindset when it came to training legs.

I split into two days, Tuesday and Friday.

Tues
15 min warmup at walking pace incline treadmill

Squats. Ass to the grass with a pause at the bottom. I stopped going heavy, I was getting strong(385x2 @ 166lbs, 5'5") but not much growth.
3 sets @ 135lbs, 15 reps. 3 sets @ 185lbs, 12 reps, 2 sets @ 225lbs 8 reps, 1 set @ 135lbs to failure(if I have a spotter available)

Leg Press/Calve raise super set
3 sets, 30reps/25reps/20reps of each. no rest

Leg extensions
3 sets of 40 reps

Seated calve raises
3 sets of 30 reps

Finish with 20 min on stairmaster

Friday
Treadmill Warm up

Squats, Again. Same as above

Stiff legged DL's
4 sets of 12, pausing at bottom for a good stretch

Single Leg Hamstring Curls
4 sets of 20 reps

Lying Hamstring Curls
4 sets of 15 reps

Standing Calve Raise/Glute Kickback Super Set
4 Sets of 20 reps

20 Minutes on Stairmaster

Since going to a higher rep program, m legs have really started to respond. I swear they've grown more in the past few months than the last 5 years of training. Granted, I'm not as developed as a lot of the guys on here, but this seems to work well for me. Genetics suck, lol

I dont have impressive legs but I hear 20 rep squats with a high percentage intensity weight that you keep increasing every week. Stan efferding doesn't have big legs but he and flex are proponents of 20s.

Squats 5/3/1+ walking bar lunges 3 sets 15, low box squats 3 sets 15, sld 3x15, hamstring raises 3xto failure, quad extentions 3x to failure

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I dont have impressive legs but I hear 20 rep squats with a high percentage intensity weight that you keep increasing every week. Stan efferding doesn't have big legs but he and flex are proponents of 20s.

LOL...WHAT..????

Attachments

• img_1355774310.jpg
    img_1355774310.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 245
Lol I guess he does have big legs. When I was watching him do leg presses the other day they were looking small for some reason. I am a big fan of his thou.

On a side not he posted on his Facebook about flex wheeler and I was curious if anyone knew how the hell he was coming back to body building with a kidney transplant? also he has some back nerve injury I don't understand that prevents him full control over his foot and limits his ROM.

Stand Quads aren't a genetically strong body part in terms of size. His adductor and hamstrings are huge from the front though.

But as a whole he's got some pretty big ass wheels it's just not all coming from quads.

Anyway, I think the main thing with a leg routine is being able to push far beyond the pain threshold and not many people can get into that out of body like state to do this. Out of the hundreds of leg workouts I've done I can only say honestly maybe 20% I've been able to. It's almost like s spiritual realm you have to go to, you have to accept that the pain is coming on a particular set and milk it for all its worth.

I've noticed most people whether they'll admit to themselves or not are scared of hitting legs with the proper physchottic intensity you have to have.

Leg training is all about mental strength, it's not about how physically tough you are or how much you lift. If you have never gone through this you won't know what I'm talking about. The nervous system has to be fresh so I would plan a day off of everything the day before legs. Chill out, get some naps, eat a bunch of pasta and carbs.

To the OP, there's nothing wrong with your excercise selection, maybe up the reps to 20-30 but I think you should study Tom Platz and listen to some of his interviews. Listen to the latest advices radio where Scott McNally interviews a sports hypnotist. Leg training is 80% mental, once you can get into that mindset everything else will fall into place. Don't be afraid to drop the squat bar or get stuck under the weight. That's what the guards are for. Go TO ALL OUT FAILURE

Then worry about the proper recovery for legs, stretching, rolling, hot tubs whatever you feel helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear