over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I need a little help with contest prep

tusken

Newbies
This is my second show, but this time I'm on my own. It's in two weeks. I've kept my carbs low throughout my diet usually around 100 grams a day, mostly oatmeal. When I start to carb load, how many grams should I take in on each day starting on Wed. ? I was planning on carb loading with oatmeal also, since that is what I've used throughout the diet, and really don't want to take a chance on screwing things up. But, I am open to suggestions. I've read Magnum's post on contest prep and am contemplating using his methods and using pie filling and insulin, but I am unsure as the grams of carbs I should be taking in and the amount of insulin. I've used insulin in the past, but only for bulking phases. THANKS

tusken said:
This is my second show, but this time I'm on my own. It's in two weeks. I've kept my carbs low throughout my diet usually around 100 grams a day, mostly oatmeal. When I start to carb load, how many grams should I take in on each day starting on Wed. ? I was planning on carb loading with oatmeal also, since that is what I've used throughout the diet, and really don't want to take a chance on screwing things up. But, I am open to suggestions. I've read Magnum's post on contest prep and am contemplating using his methods and using pie filling and insulin, but I am unsure as the grams of carbs I should be taking in and the amount of insulin. I've used insulin in the past, but only for bulking phases. THANKS

brfor anyone can give you advice, some stats would be great! 130lb guy is a lot different to carb load than a 240lb dude!, where are sitting right now, i would get this carb load figured out asap and do a test run like today! so you dont screw it up on the day of your show, nothing feels worse than waking up the dau of the show and looking the worst you have in 4 weeks, let us know, we can give some suggestions.....

Sorry, should of thought about the stats. I'm 5' 9" and 207.
I figure by the time I drop water, I'll be close to the weight cutoff at 198.50.
I'm trying not to tempt myself and push it too much to make light-heavy.
I'm happy with my condition and will let my body decide the weight class.

i wouldnt do the insulin if you havent used it in while....

the ratios that hienz stated look good to me, he seems to know his stuff pretty well....

if your condition is good right now i would try a carb load day and throw down a few hundres grams of carbs from oats or another source, the only prob with the oats is they seem to bloat me, i used the oats for the majority of a carb load on one of my shows and my abs were out of control...

the pie filling should work pretty good, mabe some honey too.... i will usually add aot of honey to a complex carb like oats or br. rice to carb up... you might want to only load th. fri and sat morn a little.... its hard to say just try a day of like 300 grams and see what you look like....

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws