over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I need some advise!!!

pillar3792

Registered
What is the best way to increase bench press for upcoming combine? I have about 10 weeks to get my son ready for football camps and combines.
I am looking specifically for training methods techniques(no aas, or supplement info required) He is just a kid. Last year he benched 185 17 times, looking for 25-27 this year.

no flame brother, just trying to suggest something to get u better replies?

U might repost ur thread with a name that helps bros know what KIND of advice u r seeking.

Something like "need help getting kid ready for football camp in 10 weeks."

Im a proud dad and I know ur heart is with ur boy, so I understand the desire to help him b his best. Sincere best wishes with ur son.

I played football for d1 college and what worked best for was either 5x5 or pyramind 3x10 for 2 weeks then 3x8 and so on.

The 5x5 worked best for me, one day is straight sets 5x5 same weight and other day was progression working up to one heavy set. After week 4 you made a new max every week

I played football for d1 college and what worked best for was either 5x5 or pyramind 3x10 for 2 weeks then 3x8 and so on.

The 5x5 worked best for me, one day is straight sets 5x5 same weight and other day was progression working up to one heavy set. After week 4 you made a new max every week

I was thinking along those lines, he likes drop sets. His is endurance is what he is having problems with. He can throw up a lot weight, his muscle fibers are just not use to higher rep. He's D1 prospect too, thanks for post bro

Great point GND, new thread started. Now I need help canceling this one

I was thinking along those lines, he likes drop sets. His is endurance is what he is having problems with. He can throw up a lot weight, his muscle fibers are just not use to higher rep. He's D1 prospect too, thanks for post bro

If he excels are strength and power, then he must mainly have fast twitch fiber muscle, if that is the case, you should work with what he is great at, and excel at explosive power, instead of trying to get him into endurance, would be my opinion. I have found in the past that trying to work endurance brought me farther away from my goals once I got back into powerlifting. And drop setting has always been something that I've liked, so if he's already doing that I feel he is on the right track. Good luck to you guys.

Have him finish his bench workout repping 185 for as many as he can. Maybe finish with two sets to failure.

But if you really wanna turn heads at a combine, have him run faster then the other kids.

The best way to increase reps at that weight is to lift at that weight. Also make sure he practices for reps rather than for building muscle or hypertrophy. There is a huge difference. Here is a great article posted by K1 that will give you some great tip on this type of lifting.

**broken link removed**

depending on how much he weighs get him into doing variations of pushups.. the closer the hand stance to isolate the triceps the better... have him get up to doing diamond pushups for reps and should be no prob getting increased reps on bench...

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws