over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I need the big boys help...

canino

Registered
BigA, Big Kiwi, that penis pump guy, uhhhh yeah Phil that guy and or anyone out there who might have some experience with my problem. Here is my problem.

A few years back I had an accident while training for an upcoming contest. Basically what happened recently with Jean Pier Fux is what happened to me. Tore my quad (right) completely off. It is now attached to the knee cap. Here is what I need to know. Ok, I'm getting alot of strength back in my quads. Along with this strength is alot of pain in my knees. Now I'm using the training style sort of like HIT or Trevor's BFT (Beyond Failure Training). I'm wandering, since it is my quads, can I train with less poundage and slow the pace of each rep. I'm talking really slow reps. Do you think I can get just as much growth this way as well? I'm wandering if the pain will subside as well since I won't be using as heavy wieght. Now I just started to squat again, but when I go below parallel I can't use as much weight and my knees really bother me then. What are your thoughts on growth and this style of light weight, slow reps?

It's not the weight and speed that you move a weight at that makes yuo grow but the intensity level. If you do slower reps, with less weight, intensity will still be very high, so it will be fine.

I used to concentrate on HEAVY weights for legs as heavy as possible but have not got the growth I thought I would of got. I recently have been doing less weight higher reps, even lotsa sissy squats no weight, my quads have grown more lately than they ever have !! so take care and as Big A says the intensity will make them grow

many years ago i tore my left quad. it was a complete rupture of the femoris and tendon. it was a angled tear that involved both and most doc refered to it as a "angel hair" tear. the problem you are having is very similar to mine. basically when a tendon tears you will have some shortening of the tendon. this in turn pulls the kneecap off plane and creates alot of irritation which usually results in tendonitis and damage to the underlining part of the kneecap. i now have to do each rep very slow and controlled. alot less weight but, like big a and kiwi have said , alot of intensity. it, so far, has worked great. one other thing, stay away from leg extensions. if the condition is anything like i have said then the worst thing is to have the knee being the pivot point of the exercise. i can only do leg press and one legged leg press. i also hit the inner thigh machine. i change the angles of my foot placing. i also place the feet higher on the platform to remove the stress from the knee. that made a big difference in pain. also helped my hamstrings greatly.

Thanks guys!

That's all I needed to hear. I have some hope then. I'm about 246 right now 5'9" and my uppder body is way out of proportion to my quads so I'm hoping to bring em up. I new I could count on this board for the knowledge needed.

would the negative reps be for the whole set? I usually try to crack out a heavy set in there. Do the rest with negatives. Maybe i should try all negative reps

I AGREE. AWEFUL EXERCISE EVEN IF I DID NOT HAVE THE INJURY...

i dont get how u ever get that much seperation in quads with out doing leg extensions? Must be all in the diet once you build up quality mass

I had a "tear" injury, but not the quad. I almost tore the infraspantus (a rotator cuff muscle) completely off my shoulder. After a recovery that took forever, I've been able to exceed previous amounts of weight used AND size.

Of course, I'm fanatical about warming up the shoulders prior to working them!

xcel

HEY EXCEL, YOUR LUCKY. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET THE FULLNESSS BACK IN MY INJURED LEG AND ITS BEEN 10 YEARS. LUCKY I HAVE DECENT GENETICS IN THE LEG AND CALF DEPARTMENTY SO NO ONE REALLY NOTICES.....EXCEPT ME EVERY DAMN DAY LOL

Re: Good point

PHIL HERNON said:
Seperation is a blend of genetics, lean body mass, and huge muscles, none of which leg extensions contribute.

Agreed. Plus, one gets more separation from contant posing. On legs, I get more separation if I do a 20 rep + set of leg press, than if I do any amount of leg extensions.

my knees have been f*ed lately too and i had to go real light last workout, BUT that does not mean the intensity wass not REAL high---i was as sore as i have been in a while

i just went from extensions to squats to presses and through the cycle with little rest until i was totally spent --all done with deliberate speed and control

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws