over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I need to wake up!!!

cubano

Registered
So I get up every morning at around 3:45am to get in my workout before work. Can't workout after work. I'm in bed by 9pm. By mid-morning my ass is dragging. Sleepy and feel like a zombie. I could literally fall asleep at my desk. Is there anything out there to help with sleepiness and wakefulness other than pounding the coffee or taking something that will make my heart explode? I'll try anything at this point (gear or supplement).

How much sleep are you getting a night?

I get you don't work out every day, so how do you feel when you wake up later? How long is your workout?

Better to workout for 30 minutes and feel good than 1:30 and feel like crap.

I know for me that would never work. Lack of sleep is incredibly stressful and you're doing more harm than good working out under those conditions. I bet your losing lean mass at this point.

Is there really no way you can work out later. Going to the gym at 9pm instead of going to bed would be better than what you're doing. At least you'll get a good night's rest when you're done and can wake up at a more reasonable hour.

If this is not possible, I'd opt for body weight only (push-ups, sit-up, get a door chin bar, and maybe a couple of dumbbells). Do the best workout you can just before bed.

Do mess with your sleep. It's too important and will end up effecting every area of your life.

I know for me that would never work. Lack of sleep is incredibly stressful and you're doing more harm than good working out under those conditions.

What world do you live in? 9pm-3:45am= 6:45 hrs of sleep. Sure this is not ideal but its far less detrimental than you seem to think it is. Many athletes and bodybuilders function on equal or less sleep. Branch warren claimed at one time to sleep less than 6hrs nightly. It's more likely that your quality of sleep is the issue. Are you a big guy? Do you snore? Have you ever been checked for sleep apnea?

6+ hours of sleep is not ideal but for most adults it's the norm and should definitely be enough

As for staying alert all day provigil ( modafinil)should help alote

What world do you live in? 9pm-3:45am= 6:45 hrs of sleep. Sure this is not ideal but its far less detrimental than you seem to think it is. Many athletes and bodybuilders function on equal or less sleep. Branch warren claimed at one time to sleep less than 6hrs nightly. It's more likely that your quality of sleep is the issue. Are you a big guy? Do you snore? Have you ever been checked for sleep apnea?

I think it's more of the time he's sleeping vs the total hours. He works a normal first shift position. It's tough to get up that early regardless of when you go to bed. I guess after a while one could adjust, if the pattern is consistent and not just on workout days.

I get you don't work out every day, so how do you feel when you wake up later? How long is your workout?

Better to workout for 30 minutes and feel good than 1:30 and feel like crap.

My workouts are about an hour. And yeah I feel alot better when I sleep in. But damn, it's pretty much impossible to workout after work. it would cut into spending time with the family and studies.

Not a big guy, by PMs standards. (6'1'' about 210). Wifey says I snore if lay on my back. Never looked into sleep apnea.

I think it's more of the time he's sleeping vs the total hours. He works a normal first shift position. It's tough to get up that early regardless of when you go to bed. I guess after a while one could adjust, if the pattern is consistent and not just on workout days.

I think this is the issue. It's not natural to wake up at 3:45am. I've been doing it for 10+ plus and you never get used to it. But it seems to be hitting me harder as I get older.

Not sure what your schedule looks like during the day, but quick power naps are life saver for me. 20-30 minutes whenever I can between classes or before I go into work. During the school semester I get about 3-4 hours of sleep a night if I'm lucky. That's just life man.

My workouts are about an hour. And yeah I feel alot better when I sleep in. But damn, it's pretty much impossible to workout after work. it would cut into spending time with the family and studies.

Can you spend quality time with anyone or study properly being a zombie?

30 minutes is nothing. Your significant other won't even notice the change.

Hell, I'll even layout the workout for you:

Day 1 - Pull-ups, dips, upright row
Day 2 - Squats, leg curl, calves

Work on your weak parts on the weekends.

And fix the apnea.

Not a big guy, by PMs standards. (6'1'' about 210). Wifey says I snore if lay on my back. Never looked into sleep apnea.

Fact is that if you snore you have a very high chance of suffering of at least mild sleep apnea... Apnea is no joke. Look into it just in case bro. Ask your wife if you ever seem to struggle to bring in breath or have long gaps between breaths. I have apnea and I can tell you it becomes exhausting. I know the schedule can also contribute as can overtraining or poor nutrition. That does not mean any one of these things are the cause. It could be a combination or something else entirely. Good luck bro.

Humanofort for better sleep, and I drink FRS as an energy drink no wired feeling just up and focused.

Ak

Alex is spot on, train the weekends if you can. One or 2 days of the week. Short n sweet. Focus on diet and recovery

Last edited:
If you took energy drinks or stims for long periods adrenals could be taxed, Humanofort helps.....

Ak

I get up about 4:00 – 5:00 am and train for an hour from 6:30-7:30. If I don’t get it done at this time, it’s not getting done. My ass was dragging as well for the first 6 months. I’ve been fairly consistent for about 9 months now and noticed for the last 3 months or so my body is used to it now. I think it just takes time and consistency.

Why do you need 2:30 hours to get to the gym?

My gym is at home. Early morning is my alone time when everyone is asleep, I drink my coffee and have a light breakfast, read a little, and then workout before the crazyness starts.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws