over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I need your inputs!!!

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I have been training hard now again for about 6 weeks now, and have been with Phil for about 5 of those weeks...Im now at the point, of deciding which show I should do...Jr.Nats (in Chicago) is only 17 weeks away after this weekend...USA's is about 22 or 23 weeks away, North Americans is 28 weeks away...

Now training is going great, and I have been making some great gains in the gym and growing...I dont really want to stop just yet, but Jr.Nats is a great show and is close to home...But then again its only 17 weeks away and I would have to have the right mind set...

But North Americans are 28 weeks away and give me an extra 10-11 weeks of hard training and eating for it...I seriously think I could move up a class (yeah I know that sounds crazy) to the super's...Even though the show is in Cleveland it is stil affordable for me to do it...

Now Nats are in Novemeber and are in Atlanta ? or Flordia again ? Im not sure but I would have to fly out there and it would be very expensive..But I would have tons of time to make some great improvments...

So guys what are your thoughts ???

I will have some new offseason pics up tonight !!!

North Americans! Im seriously considering doing it this year. the show is ran great! just be sure to bring your own oil cause unlike most pro qualifiers, when i did N.A.'s in 2007 there were not girls back stage doing the oil for us.

to me north americans would be the logical choice chris, its plenty of time away to still get some growing in and still be able to do a nice slow long diet if you want.

nationals would be best

I personally have never competed, just a big fan, but I went to nationals in Atlanta.. It was great....I have to settle on junior USA's this year since Nationals are in Ft. Lauderdale, but with the weather and atmoshpere in south Florida it would be great experience.. It will be expensive on your end but what better way to end the competive year.. and depending on your physique, if Peter Putnum can pull it off( cause he wasn't the best last year), then you should come in stoked

Last edited:
Chris,

Not having seen the before and after photos
(I sure hope you have them) and based upon
what you are saying . . . if you are growing
and feeling good, why stop? Keep improving
and compete when you are significantly better
than where you were before. Otherwise,
why bother?

Alfresco,

I have last year pics in the member section...I dont know if you have seen them or not..Just wanted to let you know..>I will have some updated offseason pics up later tonight...

if it's a financial issue and you can't afford the travel without putting a dent in your savings, i would agree with B-boy and suggest you go ahead and do the north american competition.
BUT
it would be a good idea to prep for the earlier shows, and do the show at home, if you will :p , instead of onstage... find out if you looked your best or not, and prep for the other show and try to fix the things that went wrong. by the time you have to hit the stage for the NA, you would know what works and what doesn't and how to look your best.

just a suggestion.

if it's a financial issue and you can't afford the travel without putting a dent in your savings, i would agree with B-boy and suggest you go ahead and do the north american competition.
BUT
it would be a good idea to prep for the earlier shows, and do the show at home, if you will :p , instead of onstage... find out if you looked your best or not, and prep for the other show and try to fix the things that went wrong. by the time you have to hit the stage for the NA, you would know what works and what doesn't and how to look your best.

just a suggestion.

Yeah I have thought about a warm up show to...Ofcourse Im going to call Phil or email him and get his input to...I know when we first talked he said if I waited for Nats I would do very well there

IMO

If I was you and based on my own personal experience I would take all of 09 off. Use the year to learn from Phil and grow into a big, full, legit Super. You have had alot of interuptions in your training the past couple years, imagine what a solid year of consistent eating and training and packing on lean mass would do for your physique. I would hit the Juniors in 2010 then based on how you look/place and more importantly feel, roll into either the USA or the NA in 2010. But thats just me :)

Z

I actually like Zona's advice. Imagine what you can do with a full year offseason. If you really want to do a show then I would do the NA's. Reason is, and this isn't a knock on you at all, but you haven't ever done a national show and Nationals is the toughest of the 3. At the NA's you will get great competition and still have time to make more improvements. It's a great show and run very well also. I'm sure you will make a good decision and I wish you the best of luck with whatever decision you do make.

Hey Z and BuffD - thanks for the input...yeah I love competing but man a year of training and not have to worry about precontest dieting might do me some good...I will have to talk to Phil about all of this

just pick one and do it already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member