over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I stink

Capin

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Why do Amino acids make me stink like ammonia when I sweat? It was so bad tonight in the gym I couldn't stand myself.
It doesn't matter what brand or type BCAA's, ECAA's I stink.

My personals hygienes is bee impecablest my
spellin not so muches...

Really citrulline?
L citrulline?
Citrulline malate?

Tanks LS gimme U address I'll send you a sample of tonights workout shirt.
Scratch & sniff

Sumpin tells me ur remedy is gonna make me more smelly?

As much of a troll as little slice is, he may be on to something. When I do fasted cardio there is a noticeable initial odour when I first start to perspire. However, before my weight workouts, I take in 15g BCAA and 10g citrulline malate and the scent isn't there.

You are burning aminos acids as fuel. I would guess you are on low carbs? If so I would add some carbs pre workout. L-citrulline as LS posted is also good for lowering ammonia in the body.

Effects of citrulline supplementation on fatigue and exercise performance in mice.

Takeda K1, Machida M, Kohara A, Omi N, Takemasa T.

Author information

During high-intensity exercise, the concentration of ammonia is augmented in skeletal muscle. Ammonia activates phosphofructokinase and prevents oxidation of pyruvate to acetyl CoA, thus leading to exhaustion. Citrulline is an amino acid component of the urea cycle in the liver, along with ornithine and arginine. The aim of this study was to examine the effect of citrulline supplementation on fatigue and performance during high-intensity exercise. We constructed a swimming exercise protocol, in which mice were subjected to exhaustive swimming with a load of 5% body weight, and measured the time until exhaustion, the blood levels of lactate and ammonia, and the glycogen content of the gastrocnemius and biceps femoris muscles. Citrulline supplementation significantly increased the swimming time until exhaustion. Exercise-induced blood ammonia elevation was repressed by citrulline supplementation, and exercise-induced blood lactate increment in the citrulline-supplemented group was significantly lower than that in the non-supplemented group. Citrulline supplementation may facilitate the detoxification of ammonia via the urea cycle and inhibit additional glycolysis. Our findings suggest that citrulline supplementation may be useful for improving the exercise performance of athletes.

PMID: 21908948

Yep low to no carbs I'll look into the citrulline thing. Thanks guys!

Yep low to no carbs I'll look into the citrulline thing. Thanks guys!

I would add some carbs pre workout as well if you are on low carbs (not keto). 50-60g carbs should be more than enough. Small amount of oats and a banana for example.

That's very interesting.

What type of carbs pre-work out: starches like potatoes & rice, or sugars like dextrose & fructose?

Does it matter?

It really doesn't matter. Just give them enough time for your body to process before training. I would recommend a combo of slow and slightly faster acting such as the meal I posted above (oats and a banana). Pretty much whatever suits you the most though. For pre workout I am a fan of slow released such as oats or sweet potatoes and a piece of fruit like a banana or clementine.

Last edited:
I would add a dose of Miralax a few times a week on top of Citrulline.

I smelled so bad when i went off roids. Right after a shower my pits would stink. Now, I’m 5 months natural and i have no body odor even after the gym. I guess i had 23 years of toxins coming out of my liver. 😀

So miralax helps remove ammonia from our system?
I have always had this problem apparently my body does not handle Amino acids well?
I'm not willing to add carbs so I will reduce the amount of aminos and add the occasional miralax.
Great input all you guys much appreciated!

So miralax helps remove ammonia from our system?
I have always had this problem apparently my body does not handle Amino acids well?
I'm not willing to add carbs so I will reduce the amount of aminos and add the occasional miralax.
Great input all you guys much appreciated!

Yes:
**broken link removed**

It’s been said in here already but your burning protein/amino acids as fuel. Just add more carbs into diet and/or drop protein a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I smell like a mixture of candy canes and the fresh moments just after a clean rain. Always.

when i'd do hard cardio, my bandana would smell like ammonia. pretty bad too.
and often now, when i pee, if i let the yellow mellow, theres a STRONG ammonia smell. never had that happen until the last couple years. apparently its from burning protein, instead of glycogen? or just a high protein diet?
eggs give me shit breath, too. like, actual sewer breath, got that down to the egg yolks. if i only eat whites, no bad breath.

Ammonia smell just means that you have too much ammonia in your body. Ammonia IS a byproduct of utilizing protein in the body, however, if you smell like it, you're either eating more protein than your body can handle, you're not breaking it down efficiently, or you aren't excreting it properly. There's no one answer for everyone. I've never tried miralax, citrulline doesn't do much for me, nor does increasing carb intake, as I get it bad on 550+g/day. But my ammonia smell was terrible. For me, it was a B-vitamin deficiency, which runs rampant in most all athletes. A solid B complex is great, as B6 is going to help with protein metabolism, and B2, 3, and 5 will help with fat and carb metabolism. Side benefits: better sleep, reduced anxiety, and piss that you can bottle up and use as a highlighter.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear