advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I think I have been kicked out of my gym.

Yes

Just put some shoes on you bloody hippy.

j/k. I hate regulations. Can you offer to sign a waver or something?

I do have some hippie tendencies that are only growing with age.

No waivers man, the establishment wins. Marilyn is buying the "Chuck" like Joe Boxers as we speak. I will be squatting in them tommorow morning.

Tony, you said you don't like socks because of slipping and a lack of feel. What about using something like deadlift slippers? The ones I have seen have rubber treads on the bottom which might help with traction, and maybe they would obey the gym's rules enough to shut up the employees. Do you think those might be an acceptable compromise?

Hey man

Can certainly see the merits of both sides though not equally. I wish my gym had more members like Tony instead of like me. The small group of members that behave as Tony does make it an ok place to workout.

I will offer this: The small group of in my gym that are: Big, respecful, respected, friendly, and have been members a while can be viewed with a little bit of a judgemental eye by some of the personal trainers and employees. We typically have been their longer, as they tend to come and go and we have been their anywhere from 7 years to 15 years. We typically are recognized and spoken to by more people just by virtue of being their five days a week for years on end. I think so many members come say hi or ask questions in passing, that it evokes a bit of unwarranted jealousy on some of the newer employees that do not know us as well.

I would bet Tony is a "victim" of a little of the same thing. Hopefully the problem can be revisited a later date where logic might prevail. Its problematic right now because some become a little "rooted" to their staked out position. It is rare that two rational minds working together cannot forge satisfactory conclusion. I feel the exception would be a specific insurance clause, but that does not seem to be the case.

Off topic Side Note:

I was called out by two personal trainers Tuesday (Back Day). I let the seated cable pull drop about six inches (back cramp) and it caused an additional rubber plate that is used for incremental pounds to fall and also make noise in addition to the stack. After enduring what admittedly was four or five good natures stabs at me across the gym in front of their clients, and feeling somewhat self conscious. I finally said to one of the trainers, "You might make that noise too if you ever get to the bottom of the stack like I am". They and their clients pretty much cracked up.

NO SEATED CABLES..............you thought that was bad?

I will have to try them.

Tony, you said you don't like socks because of slipping and a lack of feel. What about using something like deadlift slippers? The ones I have seen have rubber treads on the bottom which might help with traction, and maybe they would obey the gym's rules enough to shut up the employees. Do you think those might be an acceptable compromise?

I don't know I have never tried them. I don't really want to make to many waves as I like most all of the employees and members. For now I will wear shoes.

You can't hide from Phil

NO SEATED CABLES..............you thought that was bad?

You can't slip anything past Phil, some of the best research and reading comprension I have ever seen.

I don't know I have never tried them. I don't really want to make to many waves as I like most all of the employees and members. For now I will wear shoes.

I tend to make tidal waves

Another optoin?

ANother option might be the Vibram Fingers. I've heard a few pretty strong guys talking about liking those for the "feel" they give.

Good luck. I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction.

shouldnt you be prancing around your house in your posing trunks having your wife take "old school" pictures of yourself. seriously your a joke.

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

shouldnt you be prancing around your house in your posing trunks having your wife take "old school" pictures of yourself. seriously your a joke.

whats with all the hate bro?

I'm guessing the owners of the gym should probably be more worried about the weird dudes that walk around the men's changing room totally naked, shaving with their balls resting on the countertop, then plopping down on the benches without even putting a towel down to sit on. I once told a guy "hey man, you just sat totally naked on a spot where countless sweaty people put their feet, sweaty ass, etc. he just shrugged it off....
I agree with the owners, you should wear shoes, ONLY because it allows them to enfore the rules when the gross funky foot dude comes through.
Tony, try some wrestling shoes, they are super flat and I love them.....

WTF is wrong with some of you people? For shit sakes, Aeliop is a great member here and you can't see the humor in anything. Give the guy a fuckin' break. VTliftVT and BigCracker; Are you guys for real? Do you really think he thinks he is special for squatting 465lbs?

I do have some hippie tendencies that are only growing with age.

No waivers man, the establishment wins. Marilyn is buying the "Chuck" like Joe Boxers as we speak. I will be squatting in them tommorow morning.

Tony,
I bought a pair of similar shoes from walmart that you're going to get.
Don't waste your time, just pay 30 bucks more and get some real chucks..it's worth it..I had to buy a pair of chucks, so the 1st pair was a waste.
Just buy a good pair once, and not have to buy a shitty pair, then a good pair.
Oh and if you get chucks, make sure you try them on..their sizes are different..I'm a nike Shock 11..and in chucks 10

squat in these puppies. the sole is really thin. Used to use them for indoor soccer. was like wearing some gloves.

**broken link removed**

Brings back memories

squat in these puppies. the sole is really thin. Used to use them for indoor soccer. was like wearing some gloves.

**broken link removed**

Grid those shoes bring back some memories. I swear I actually had a pair of Samba's in 1989. I remember I thought those were the coolest looking shoes. I bought them at the mall I think for 39.95

Grid those shoes bring back some memories. I swear I actually had a pair of Samba's in 1989. I remember I thought those were the coolest looking shoes. I bought them at the mall I think for 39.95

they are the best shoes on earth. I can remember back at school they were the shoes to have if you played soccer. in between classes everyone used to play a match with a tennis ball and it was team samba vs the others lol.

they fit like a glove.

WTF is wrong with some of you people? For shit sakes, Aeliop is a great member here and you can't see the humor in anything. Give the guy a fuckin' break. VTliftVT and BigCracker; Are you guys for real? Do you really think he thinks he is special for squatting 465lbs?

I have already discussed via PM to aeliop that what I wrote didn't come across as I intended....really don't see why you'd but into it as it's not your place. I have a lot of respect for Aeliop as I am sure most all members do.

I have already discussed via PM to aeliop that what I wrote didn't come across as I intended....really don't see why you'd but into it as it's not your place. I have a lot of respect for Aeliop as I am sure most all members do.

Your discussion in PM was obviously not mentioned. As for "But In", that is our job as staff here. You like this forum right? do you like how we dont let things go crazy and keep people from insulting others so that even women are comfortable here? If you already talked it out with tony, then thats good, I'll exclude you from the negative side of this thread, no problem. Incidentally, I do find you to be a good member here as well and would have done the same in defense for you as well.

Your discussion in PM was obviously not mentioned. As for "But In", that is our job as staff here. You like this forum right? do you like how we dont let things go crazy and keep people from insulting others so that even women are comfortable here? If you already talked it out with tony, then thats good, I'll exclude you from the negative side of this thread, no problem. Incidentally, I do find you to be a good member here as well and would have done the same in defense for you as well.

Thank you Kaiser, I understand your position and I appreciate very much that you would do the same for me. I was not in any way trying to insult or disrespect Tony as that is not the type of person I am, especially to someone who is respected as Tony. Thanks for your reply.

I can already see Marilyn coming in all,

"WHAT THE F*** IS GOING ON HERE!!??!! :mad: "

:p

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1