over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

I think I just tore something

brianjames

Newbies
I decided to do decline today after reading it on here last night. Thought id change it up with something different. I pyramided up and on my last set I was doing 2. First one was smooth. but on the 2nd one, pain hit me in my left shoulder. I had to let go of the bar. there was no more pushing. So I got up and massaged it as I walked around the gym knowing I might have just done something bad. After about 10 mins. I went over to a hammer strength machine with basically no weight and it was to painful to move.
It's not in my joint. its like whre my chest connects to my arm/front delt area. Chest still looks normal and its been about an hour since i did it. looks a little swollen but not any discoloration yet. (might be to early). Anyway just wondering what yall have to say. Never had a chest /shoulder injury. Ive been lucky.

Sorry

Sounds like you did something to your pec major. If you tore something you will be bruised up really good in the next 4 hours.

I decided to do decline today after reading it on here last night. Thought id change it up with something different. I pyramided up and on my last set I was doing 2. First one was smooth. but on the 2nd one, pain hit me in my left shoulder. I had to let go of the bar. there was no more pushing. So I got up and massaged it as I walked around the gym knowing I might have just done something bad. After about 10 mins. I went over to a hammer strength machine with basically no weight and it was to painful to move.
It's not in my joint. its like whre my chest connects to my arm/front delt area. Chest still looks normal and its been about an hour since i did it. looks a little swollen but not any discoloration yet. (might be to early). Anyway just wondering what yall have to say. Never had a chest /shoulder injury. Ive been lucky.

My question is, why the hell do a set of 2 reps!!?? Injury just waiting to happen IMO, and especially since it was a movement you were new to. Hopefully its just a strain of the pec tendon there where it inserts on your humerus. I would use ice for the first 24 hours or so to bring down swelling. It is possible to tear something and have no bleeding, I know because ive done it. I tore something in the lateral portion of my quad a few times and never any bleeding. At least one I think I tore the fascia that covers that area. If you injured connective tissue there wont be any bleeding.

just 2? lol. I ask my self the same question. I did 10,8,6,4,2. Increased weight each time but I knew better.

just 2? lol. I ask my self the same question. I did 10,8,6,4,2. Increased weight each time but I knew better.

Personally, for bodybuilding I would never go below 5 reps unless its a drop set or rest pause. Leave that stuff to the powerlifters. I never felt like I grew that great off of lifting like that anyhow. Its not worth the risk.

I also dont like the idea of pyramiding up like that. Sure it warms you up, but you still got the injury. I always start off, after an extensive warm up of 2=3 sets, on my first working set with the heaviest weight im going to use. If you start out with lower weights and work up, by the time you get to that last set which is supposed to be your heaviest, you will be fatigued enough that youll have to use less weight than if you started out fresh on set 1. Warm up sets I do from just 3-5 reps only with light weight and pyramind up each warmup but never go beyong 5 reps. You just need to get the body prepared for the weight.

So I think for the future, if you avoid going too heavy like that you wont have the problem again.

Personally, for bodybuilding I would never go below 5 reps unless its a drop set or rest pause. Leave that stuff to the powerlifters. I never felt like I grew that great off of lifting like that anyhow. Its not worth the risk.

I also dont like the idea of pyramiding up like that. Sure it warms you up, but you still got the injury. I always start off, after an extensive warm up of 2=3 sets, on my first working set with the heaviest weight im going to use. If you start out with lower weights and work up, by the time you get to that last set which is supposed to be your heaviest, you will be fatigued enough that youll have to use less weight than if you started out fresh on set 1. Warm up sets I do from just 3-5 reps only with light weight and pyramind up each warmup but never go beyong 5 reps. You just need to get the body prepared for the weight.

So I think for the future, if you avoid going too heavy like that you wont have the problem again.

Thats what screwed me up. A bunch of power lifters in there and I decided to do decline and then a couple jumped in with me and started there pyramid crap and i just went with it. Its my fault but i wont be doing that again. Im gonna take your advice on never going below 5 reps. Im trying to get big not hurt.......

Pec Tears

Most pec tears result in major bruising of the area.

Thats what screwed me up. A bunch of power lifters in there and I decided to do decline and then a couple jumped in with me and started there pyramid crap and i just went with it. Its my fault but i wont be doing that again. Im gonna take your advice on never going below 5 reps. Im trying to get big not hurt.......

That sucks. I would have asked them to wait until you were done since you were there first. All it takes is just one foolish moment like this and you can permanently negatively affect your bodybiulding lifestyle/career.

SO yeah, dont drop below 5 reps. I would also not mess with pyramiding the weight, but rather start out with your heaviest weight after you warm up correctly.

I sincerely hope youre going to be ok. Main thing to remember is even if you have to go 2-4 weeks not working that area of your body, its nothing compared to a lifetime of injury. Dont push it too hard getting back in, take it easy so you dont either make it worse or turn the acute injury into something chronic!!

That sucks. I would have asked them to wait until you were done since you were there first. All it takes is just one foolish moment like this and you can permanently negatively affect your bodybiulding lifestyle/career.

SO yeah, dont drop below 5 reps. I would also not mess with pyramiding the weight, but rather start out with your heaviest weight after you warm up correctly.

I sincerely hope youre going to be ok. Main thing to remember is even if you have to go 2-4 weeks not working that area of your body, its nothing compared to a lifetime of injury. Dont push it too hard getting back in, take it easy so you dont either make it worse or turn the acute injury into something chronic!!

I really appreciate it bro.

CHECK PM

Could also be a partial tendon tear. I have had those in the past with no bruising or swelling, only pain. Be very careful with it for a while to be safe. If its still nagging you after some time, have it looked at (MRI) so you know for sure.

That's why I don't do declines either after having shoulder surgery on both shoulders. I do dips instead. Declines put the most stress on your shoulder girdle.

I wouldn't go heavy now for at least a month or so. Lots of ice and only do benches once a week.

That's why I don't do declines either after having shoulder surgery on both shoulders. I do dips instead. Declines put the most stress on your shoulder girdle.

I wouldn't go heavy now for at least a month or so. Lots of ice and only do benches once a week.

Well, I know for me flat benches are the hardest on my shoulder followed up by dips. Decline werent too bad for me.

Oh boy must be something in the air as I have been icing on and off since I get back from the gym at 5pm tonight. Left shoulder acting up again (had surgery in 2001), rotator and it hurts in the same spot they shaved down the bone and spurs and crap. It actually started the other day when I piced my son up (hes 35lbs) and chest today in the gym aggravated it.

Ice and ice, lighter weight for a week or so and when doing chest do not go too far down than a 90 degree angle at the elbow (don't go down to your chest) or it will keep getting worse.

i was reading the thread on here about declines and i thought hell why not. there just not for me but i went to heavy. it was my fault. just a learning experience i guess. just hope it heals up pretty quick.

Its probably your rotator cuff. I strained mine about 6 or 7 months ago. I did mine on the hammer strength press. Just take it easy for a couple of weeks. If its a pec tear you will bruise all the way from you chest to your shoulder down into your bicep. More than likely its a strain. Chill on all your pressing movements for a while and just do higher rep movements that you dont have to push with.

its not in the joint or shoulder. its bruising now right above my arm pit but i have plenty of motion in my arm. guess ill see how it is tomorrow. I can raise my arm up without pain so that has t be a good sign

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws