over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IABADMAN and others...

Armageddon

Kilo Klub Member
When is it time to say when. Some may know that I play for a semipro football team which is no big deal. But I have some tryouts coming up for the league. I have a good idea of what I'm going to be told. My thoughts as of lately are up in the air. I'm thinking about other things that I can do and have success with. There's always sticking my toes into the bodybuilding waters, just got an invite to move and work with some family members and train under some of the gracie's, if I was still thinking about it. Plus I have gone back to school in my off time and am having success at the moment maintaining a 4.0, fuc I haven't done that since my junior yr in high school. I still plan on getting in shape for the tryout, and chances are I'll go. But when is it ok to let go of a dream, how does one become ok with there decision. As I can't really make one at this moment cause theres just too much going on.
If I come in the same shape as last time there going to tell me too play in the european league. From what I was told the top 60 players from the european league get an automatic bid to play in the NFL Europe, something like foreign national players. This would be my best oppurtunity as suggested from my last regional combine. As all my times and lifts would put me close to the top10% of the athletes in the european league.
Now I can always come in, in better shape and see what happens. This year they added a "top athlete combine" in Ind. They take the top performers from the regional combines and bring them to Ind. for a "SUPER" regional, basically like what they do with the top college prospects.
How does one cope with changing or giving up on a dream?

I've been out of football since I was 20, so it's been awhile since I had to make this transition (I'm 26 now). From what I have witnessed people go one of two ways here. Now granted I was in college when I went through this, but nearly my entire recruiting class had quit by the end of the sophomore year (which explains their 7-4 record the next year...lol). Most guys smoked alot of dope, drank alot, got fat and lazy with little to no motivation to move onto that next stage. When something like football consumes so much of your life, it becomes a part of who you are, so this is difficult, some are almost lost without it. I went to GVSU with the sole purpose of playing football, so when I quit, I left. I think if you are ready to step away from the game, it's good to get a change of scenery, meet new people, get in new surroundings. No one can tell you what to do, you have to find it within yourself. It sounds like you have opportunities to keep playing at a fairly high level, so if you leave you might regret it. You also have to look at it from this perspective...how long can you keep chasing this dream, one day you can wake up and realize you have nothing to show for of all your years because you were chasing a dream, and while you were chasing you were actually running in place. It's a tough decision.

First of all , I would never tell someone that they can't or shouldn't chase their dream . But honestly bro , the fact that you have doubts , tells me it is probally time to hang it up . To make it as an underdog , it would have to be your soul purpose for survival , your whole reason for waking up .I have shared with you the politics of the NFL and my expirence and believe me, they make it next to impossible for the underdog to get a shot .I have known one guy personally to make a career out of nothing in all my years . He was a 24 year old bouncer that got kicked out of his secound college by the age of 21 . He had been a top 25 H.S. recruit and went Cal . By 24 he was a fat out shape drunk , but his dad knew some people that got him a tryout with the Raiders . He was raw and made it to the practice squad and stayed there almost 3 years . Then got traded to the Pats .He became a starter and retired after the they won their first Super Bowl . I think he played 9 years and had a solid career . His name was Feric Collins . Once he got a taste of the league the guy lived for it and totally changed 180 degrees. How did I know it was time to move on ? Simple , at the end of my second season , I blew out my knew again [ same knee as college , but not as bad ,ACL and MCL instead of everything like I had done in college] I was devestated my contact was almost over ,and I knew they probally would waive me instead pay for another year or two without being able to play . So I rehabed 4 hours a day , just like in college . I busted my ass and studied the game with passion , what did it get me ? Nothing .....they cut me , and spread the word that I liked to fight and didn't like the new breed of player .[yeah, personel guys like to gossip like little girls ] But the Bears decided to pick me up , I was stoked [ I was way ahead of scedule and in incredile shape ], I grew up looking up to white dbs like Gary Fencik and Doug PLank .[ solid players that like to hit people ] The result , I was in Chicago for all maybe six hours , they ran me and drilled me alittle and loved me , we went in and the doc finally showed up [ he was late ] They gave me the physical , I was so excited , finally a chance to start and get a chance to play some ball . He gets to my knee and sayes ," Hmmm, your knee looks a little tender still ". He checks it and sayes there seems to be some play here and leaves the room . 20 minutes later a guy comes back and sayes thank you, but I failed the physical , he hands me a check for 116 dollars and sayes hurry and get dressed your fight leaves in two hours . I wanted to cry right there , all that work to get treated like a peice of shit. When I got home my dad was full ideas and training proticals , I just looked him and said , " Dad , I can't do this anymore I am done " He looked me like what a waste .I knew I had the talant and mentallity , but my body couldn't hold up . I was done physiquely by 20 , but I held on until 23 . The only thing that kills me, is what might have been if my body held together . Other than that , I tried and it wasn't ment to be .......... Now you have got to decide ,just like all these guys on here . Are you putting yourself in a position of longterm success or just afraid to move on with yor life ? Life for most of us, is never going to be easy . You don't need football [ fighting or bodybuilding ] as an identity . You seem to be intelligent , loyal , and hardworking . That is who you are .....now go out take those qualities and find a career . Good Luck , I will be rooting for you either way. But truthfully I think you have already answered your question......go with what in your heart !

Last edited:
well said iabadman. much respect to you bro!

IBM said it

Yup.... Totally agree. football to me is like a drug or maybe..it is the competition that is a drug...but whatever it is, it makes me feel alive and strong, and I would live no other way... Instead of thinking about what you could be, BE THAT PERSON...just BE THAT PERSON BRO... wake up, look in the mirror w/confidence, and know, just KNOW who you are, and what the fuck YOU are all about.. Go out and live bro, live...

Armageddon said:
When is it time to say when. Some may know that I play for a semipro football team which is no big deal. But I have some tryouts coming up for the league. I have a good idea of what I'm going to be told. My thoughts as of lately are up in the air. I'm thinking about other things that I can do and have success with. There's always sticking my toes into the bodybuilding waters, just got an invite to move and work with some family members and train under some of the gracie's, if I was still thinking about it. Plus I have gone back to school in my off time and am having success at the moment maintaining a 4.0, fuc I haven't done that since my junior yr in high school. I still plan on getting in shape for the tryout, and chances are I'll go. But when is it ok to let go of a dream, how does one become ok with there decision. As I can't really make one at this moment cause theres just too much going on.
If I come in the same shape as last time there going to tell <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=me%20too" onmouseover="window.status='me too'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">me too</a> play in the european league. From what I was told the top 60 players from the european league get an automatic bid to play in the NFL Europe, something like foreign national players. This would be my best oppurtunity as suggested from my last regional combine. As all my times and lifts would put me close to the top10% of the athletes in the european league.
Now I can always come in, in better shape and see what happens. This year they added a "top athlete combine" in Ind. They take the top performers from the regional combines and bring them to Ind. for a "SUPER" regional, basically like what they do with the top college prospects.
How does one cope with changing or giving up on a dream?

I can tell your really confused, and also I dont know every detail of your current situation but I can try to give best advice based off what you did write. seems your having the same problem everyone hits once in their life. I am still in that problem, in school full time for something i could never see myself doing even a year ago. I would try to think of whats your motivation behind every choice you have that you can make, I would prioritize what you want mentally very clearly to help you stay focused to what matters most. Is your dream to play for the european leauge, well don't give up on your dreams if they are still possible. what exactly do u have to give up to pursue football. is that something you can see a future with long term, do you feel your good enough to break through to NFL if you gave it your all, ask yourself really a ton of questions, figure out the pros and cons of 100 different hypothentical scenirous you could choose to try out. just do the math and weigh out all the results, the key to the answer is what is going to overall make you the most happiest in the long run, so try to figure out that problem.

I just think in this situation, out of everyone you can ask, asking yourself would be the best for you in the long run.

Armageddon said:
I have a good idea of what I'm going to be told. My thoughts as of lately are up in the air.
You said it ALL in this statement above - you've already "planted the seed."

What are you telling your subconsious - you don't say? If you feed it positive, you'll reap positive. If you feed it negative, guess what?

So - if you know they're going to tell you you are great and will be an asset to their team - no problem!?!? :) If you're telling yourself something different, you'll just be going through the motions. :(

I think it's come down to more of how my body feels more than anything. I now and feel that I can play at a hight level and that doesn't cross my mind in the least! I love nothing more than lineing uo on KICKOFFS and running fullsteam and blasting some fuck in the mouth and just getting that rush of demoralizing someone in front of tons of people(alittle sick I know). It's not a mental aspect as of lately, more so my body and how it feels from time to time. My shoulders getting better and feels good from the training and what not. But there's other nagging things going on. My knee there is very little cartilage left in one of them and there is some slipage, from what my chiropractor tells me. He's said someday, nowhere close, but someday there is a good chance of this being scoped. This is from indoor traing facilities that aren't worth a shit. It's a day to day thing with me, yes I am confused to a point. I have a ton of fun playing with my team every year! I've always wanted more out of it. Facts are the odds are against me at any point. I'm white 5'9" 220-230ish with above average speed, not blazing by no means lol I know alot of things are against me but that is part of the mental thing that I love. I actually like being the underdog in most things, having people think that I can't succeed. so when I do it's that much more gratifing to me.
This whole school thing, I'm not sure of. I like school alot but I don't know how much I'm going to like the nursing field. I know it's going to pay really well and after some more schooling it will pay even better. This will provide a nice life for my entire family. I'm the type of person that never does anything that he doesn't enjoy for the most part. I'll see what happens. In Reality I wouldn't mind being a coach and working from that aspect. But don't think I want to go to school to be a teacher, so starting out at a high school level doesn't work. Not really sure about entry level college positions. In order to make a life that I would be comfortable living and providing for my family I would want to be a top tear coach in college I think. All kinds of ideas run through my head. I think I'm going to go get a lottery ticket and fix it all LOL Thanks for eveyones input on this!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear