over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ibuprofen replacement

Arko.

Registered
Used to use ibuprofen (advil) 2-3 times a week until recent kidney tests showed that im at approx 50% kidney function.. nephrologist first question was "do you use ibuprofen or aleve"?.. told me they destroy the kidneys.
Found out raw ginger is just about as effective. I put about a tablespoon of ground up raw ginger in hot water with honey and it works for pain and inflammation really well.
Its has all kinds of health benefits worth looking into as well.

Used to use ibuprofen (advil) 2-3 times a week until recent kidney tests showed that im at approx 50% kidney function.. nephrologist first question was "do you use ibuprofen or aleve"?.. told me they destroy the kidneys.
Found out raw ginger is just about as effective. I put about a tablespoon of ground up raw ginger in hot water with honey and it works for pain and inflammation really well.

I need to look into the health benefits of ginger. Did you just use a grater on the ginger to grind it up?

You could also take ginger caps. I've used them for years for digestive aid but have also noticed decreased inflammation

Tumeric has helped me,,but dang i use advil also 3 to 4 days a week also,,my kidneys are ok on last test.

Last edited:
are u natural or on steroids?

I need to look into the health benefits of ginger. Did you just use a grater on the ginger to grind it up?

I use a garlic press, so it squeezes the juice out of the ginger and presses it into little particles. Works far better this way than just chopped pieces.

Tumeric has helped me tremendously.

What was the kidney test? I use it at least three times a week and all my blood work comes back normal in a comprehensive metabolic profile and CBC test but is there a specific test for kidneys?

I have been taking a few grams of turmeric/curcumin a day for years. As well as chopping up a few ounces of ginger and steeping it in my green tea for a few hours for the last 20 years. and i believe they have great things in them to heel the body. But they do not give me the effects that drugs like anti-inflammatories do so I just accept it cause I don't want the down side of using those drugs very often.

What was the kidney test? I use it at least three times a week and all my blood work comes back normal in a comprehensive metabolic profile and CBC test but is there a specific test for kidneys?

You get a creatinine test, and a 24hour urine test. From that youll see your egfr (estimate glomuler filtration rate) keep in mind as bodybuilders the #'s can be skewed but itll give you an idea of where your kidney function is.

Tumeric has helped me tremendously.

How has it helped you? How much do you use? Do you use raw or other?
Ive been cutting up small pieces of raw tumeric and downing them with a drink, but im noticing it makes me tired. Anyone else?

what is your underlying pathology? Why are you taking nsaids?

You get a creatinine test, and a 24hour urine test. From that youll see your egfr (estimate glomuler filtration rate) keep in mind as bodybuilders the #'s can be skewed but itll give you an idea of where your kidney function is.

I always get blood work done and my creatinine and eGFR are good in range but I don't recall getting a urine test in a while.

There is an all natural product out for pain and inflammation called Relief Factor. It contains turmeric along with 3 other ingredients. It has helped me alot. 3 rotater cuff surgeries I had a lot of pain at night. Took this and after a week and a half no more pain at night and sleep great

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131