over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ice Cream?!?!?

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
So I’m getting bored with food. A lb of chicken, a lb of beef a dozen eggs and 2cups of yogurt with a bunch of stuff in it is getting tedious.
But, I fucking love chocolate ice cream.
I don’t have experience with protein powders that aren’t whey.(except egg and fuck that it taste like salty snot).
Has anyone made protein ice cream with yogurt and pea or rice protein? Or hell, anything that isn’t whey?
How was the taste/texture?
If anyone has a good recipe please let me know. I want ice cream goddamnit!

There chocolate ice cream is the best (vegan) I have had. Don't know
about the protein content. The container and contents :( are gone now.

Brother go to baskin robbins some damn ice cream! Get me two scoops of rainbow sherbet while you're there and a banana split!

Big Chef made a Synthepure Protein ice cream...Which I believe was Chocolate!

Check out the recipes forum.

so just eat ice cream. why's everything have to be packed with protein? u prolly get too much as it is.
u can eat for enjoyment u know.
i know figure chicks in prep mode who eat ice cream. if they can, im sure u can.
I’ve been at this long enough to know what I need to do to grow.
I need to eat really big once my bw is past 205 to keep growing on 350 test alone.
plus regular ice cream really fucks with my stomach. Not worth the stomach pain

so just eat ice cream. why's everything have to be packed with protein? u prolly get too much as it is.
u can eat for enjoyment u know.
i know figure chicks in prep mode who eat ice cream. if they can, im sure u can.
Agree with this. If ice cream messes up stomach eat frozen yogurt. I look better when I eat big and 500 or so of my calories are from ice cream vs jamming more lbs of chicken and veggies and waking up looking preggo .

If you enjoy cooking and making crazy concoctions that's one thing, but I spend enough time cooking my meat last thing I want to do is spend more time in the kitchen.

Less time in kitchen = more time resting / relaxing = good recovery for what actually matters...your next workout

Try making fruit sorbets. Add unflavored synthepure for protein. Nearly as satisfying as ice cream, but do dairy. Frozen yogurt as others have mentioned too

Agree with this. If ice cream messes up stomach eat frozen yogurt. I look better when I eat big and 500 or so of my calories are from ice cream vs jamming more lbs of chicken and veggies and waking up looking preggo .

If you enjoy cooking and making crazy concoctions that's one thing, but I spend enough time cooking my meat last thing I want to do is spend more time in the kitchen.

Less time in kitchen = more time resting / relaxing = good recovery for what actually matters...your next workout
I actually do love cooking to the point that my wife hasn't made a single dinner in a good 2 years at the very least. I really never had an interest in desserts or learning to make them. Historically, when not bodybuilding, instead if dessert, I'd just have more lasagne or a second plate of some other delicious but not training friendly food. So, I never looked into making dessert.

What I do know is different protein powders behave differently when dissolved and they dont all emulsify the same way nor do they retain the same properties such as flavor profile and mouth fell when frozen into some ice cream like substance. Whey works very well in an ice cream because of the size and shape of the particular protein molecules. Pea, rice and other proteins, I'm not so sure. No matter what, egg protein will have a distinctive taste I personally find repulsive and rather than liquefy evenly, it regains the consistency of raw egg whites which, again, I cant get down due to texture and after taste.

So, that's why my original question was about different protein powders in a recipe with yogurt. I'd like to replicate the taste and consistency of real chocolate ice cream as closely as possible but with a heavy dose of 35 G protein per serving ( Which, I'll eat at least 2 of because chocolate ice cream is fucking delicious and I could eat a quart at a time if it didn't wreck my stomach.)

I actually do love cooking to the point that my wife hasn't made a single dinner in a good 2 years at the very least. I really never had an interest in desserts or learning to make them. Historically, when not bodybuilding, instead if dessert, I'd just have more lasagne or a second plate of some other delicious but not training friendly food. So, I never looked into making dessert.

What I do know is different protein powders behave differently when dissolved and they dont all emulsify the same way nor do they retain the same properties such as flavor profile and mouth fell when frozen into some ice cream like substance. Whey works very well in an ice cream because of the size and shape of the particular protein molecules. Pea, rice and other proteins, I'm not so sure. No matter what, egg protein will have a distinctive taste I personally find repulsive and rather than liquefy evenly, it regains the consistency of raw egg whites which, again, I cant get down due to texture and after taste.

So, that's why my original question was about different protein powders in a recipe with yogurt. I'd like to replicate the taste and consistency of real chocolate ice cream as closely as possible but with a heavy dose of 35 G protein per serving ( Which, I'll eat at least 2 of because chocolate ice cream is fucking delicious and I could eat a quart at a time if it didn't wreck my stomach.)

If you like cooking that makes more sense, me, I feel like I spend too much time cooking lol.

Usually what ill do when I eat ice cream (before bed to get that last 500 calories in and not wake up bloated with veggies and chicken still digesting).

Eat something with protein (beef jerky, a few sticks of string cheese, greek yogurt, quest bar, roll up some sliced deli meat) get about 30 grams, then put 2-3 servings of the lowest calorie ice cream mixed with some strawberries or crushed up caramel rice cakes. if I really want it to taste good put some whip cream (30 calories) on top or pour some maple walden farms syrup on it (supposedly 0 calories but probably has some). Ill also cut up peaches or even apples and put in the ice cream. DOmt use banannanas personally because they are more calorie dense so not as much bang for my buck.

Could also put the ice cream in shaker bottle and pour some Diet Coke on it for a coke float before bed. Wake up lean and mean rather than distended from 5k of meat, veggies, rice all day lol

Get some good tasting chocolate protein add it to your yogurt & if you need higher calories get chocolate syrup & some nestles dark chocolate chips & throw them in!

I’ve been at this long enough to know what I need to do to grow.
I need to eat really big once my bw is past 205 to keep growing on 350 test alone.
plus regular ice cream really fucks with my stomach. Not worth the stomach pain
Oat/Coconut/Almond milk ice cream if your stomach is fucked up.
Also, you'll get more calories with a pint of that + 2 scoops of whey than you will with whatever fake ice cream concoction u come up with. You realize that Non homemade ice cream = MORE cals right.

If you were DIETING id tell u to make your own ice cream.

micellar casein makes good pudding, not ice cream but getting close. i like to add sugar free cool whip

Put in the refrigerator a couple of hours before consuming:

Casein + sucralose + a tablespoon of pure cocoa powder + 3 or 4 chopped nuts ;)

Ive used rice and pea protein....and as an obsessive cook I can tell you that they likely wouldn’t be very nice in an ice cream. Pea is very chalky, and rice always has a grainy mouth feel. Both would likely be unpleasant. I could however see hydrolysed beef collagen making a delicious ice cream/gelato texture due to the collagen being a gelatin

Mix some sugar free chocolate syrup (and maybe some whey) into Greek Yogurt and put it in the freezer until it's partially frozen

I just throw 2 scoops of snickerdoodle protein into a large bowl with 3 large scoops of vanilla ice cream from a creamery up the street and whisk it all together until fully mixed. Put back in freezer to harden. Eat when at the consistency you want

unflavored isolat + lemon sorbet is my option

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity