over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ideal Cycle for First Show?

Necrias

Registered
Because of some mobility/pain issues I am transitioning from PL to BB for at least the next year. I have been competing in PL for nearly a decade, started at 181 class and slowly went up to 242 (actual BW 255, very bloated), and have been using AAS for about the last 5 years (blast/cruise). I reached an elite level in PL last year (1700 raw total @242) so have a pretty damn good base.

My first show isn't until October (so 7 months out), but I have already started "cutting" to get ahead of the curve so I can back off a bit over the summer. I am down to 220@5-9 and 12-15% (actually hard to tell, starting to get vascular and have 4 pack, but still significant lower belly/back fat), currently only running test/deca at 250/750mg with the occasional oral thrown in for a couple weeks. This is a pretty light run for me, I have plenty of experience with fairly high runs of AAS, including tren/mast at 1g each with no ill effects, and have run GH once at 6iu per day for a few months, got pretty damn lean. Knowing all this, what would you consider the "ideal" 16-20 wk prep cycle for my first show, regardless of cost (well, almost lol; I can afford about 10 kits of GH in that time). I have access to pretty much anything.

Any other info needed, just ask.

If you would like, I could instead write up what I was thinking for my prep cycle and you could tear it to shreds!

Are you handling your own nutrition or are you getting help? If you are working with a nutritionist I would just let them help your supplementation.

Usually what people do is take test/eq or test/deca until 8 weeks out, and then 8 weeks out they switch to test/tren/mast and either anavar or winstrol. Sometimes people use halo for the last 2 weeks.

That is very basic, but then again pre contest supplementation is basic. There are no secrets lol

Are you handling your own nutrition or are you getting help? If you are working with a nutritionist I would just let them help your supplementation.

Usually what people do is take test/eq or test/deca until 8 weeks out, and then 8 weeks out they switch to test/tren/mast and either anavar or winstrol. Sometimes people use halo for the last 2 weeks.

That is very basic, but then again pre contest supplementation is basic. There are no secrets lol

I hear ya about the no secrets part! I'm usually the one people come to about PL, and tell them the same thing lol. But PL is about getting as big and bloated as possible before the meet, and BB is... well, the opposite lol.

I had considered hiring someone, and likely will at some point down the road, but if I fail at this I want to have no one else but myself to blame it on. I do fairly well with dieting, but am by no means an expert.

I really only use long esthers, so would start the tren at least 12 wks out and slowly start dropping the test from there. Pretty much how I ran it for PL, just seeing if there are any other opinions.

first show

:yeahthat:

it sounds like to me your pretty educated already about the sport like Kai Greene says "dont get caught up in the minutia of all the complex ideas out there" and keep it basic, if you want to loose fat, lower your calorie intake and do more cardio. when you do take calories in make it protein and/or complex carbs. I was roomates with a pro bb for almost 3 years. he did not even talk about bb that much, and eating was just what he did. he is a top ten olympian right now. but i have not spoken to him recently, but im sure his simplistic outlook has not changed. alot of the greats use powerlifting techniques as a training style. good luck bro on ur first show:headbang:

There are several different things you can do but I would run longer ester till about 8-10 weeks out and then switch over to fast acting esters. Your dieting so you don't need real high dosages. Last 8 weeks I would run Test Prop, Tren, and Winny (possibly even some mast). I would drop the test about 2 weeks out. You can run the tren/winny/mast all the way up to the show. I would run 5iu's gh the entire time and drop it before the show as well. I would also run aromasin for at least the last 8 weeks as well.

Thanks fellas for your replies, they definitely help put things in perspective. Also thanks for the aromasin tip, hadn't really thought of ancillaries at this point. Here is my current plan, which may very well change....

5 iu GH, drop 2 weeks out
10-30 iu slin 2-3x/week, drop 4 weeks out

20-16 weeks-
1.5-2g Test E
200mg Tren/Mast E
50-100mg Winny

16-8 weeks-
1-1.5g Test
600mg Tren/Mast

8-4 weeks-
250 Test
1g Tren/Mast
100mg Dbol

4-0 weeks
1g+ Tren/Mast
some reasonable amount of Winny/Halo/Methyltren (whatever I have on hand)

I have a tendency to hold a lot of water, so I will keep letro/aromasin/diuretics handy and use as needed. I know this looks like a lot of gear on paper, and my instinct tells me to cut back a bit since it is my first show, but if I am going to put this much work/discipline into something I don't want to step on stage with anything less than my best. I think I can do some damage in BB... I have no delusions of winning the Mr O lol, but if this is the only time I step on stage I don't want to walk off with any regrets.

Thanks again for your help, I will post some progress pics at the endof the month.

I would hire someone to do your diet. I did my own for years, hired someone and it made a huge difference, espcially the last week prior to the show. I worked with him for a couple contest then used the knowledge I learned adjusted a few things and did my own prep for the last two contest. I wish I would have hired someone during my college years. It would have saved me many wasted years IMO.
The cycle is the easy part really, long esters leading up, drop them 6-8 weeks out for short esters, Prop, tren, mast, winny.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave