over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ideal resting heart rate?

nothuman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
The normal range is 60-100 but smart people know that's not the REAL normal range. I've read 50-70 is ideal, or even less. What is everyone's usual resting heart rate and what do you feel it should really be?

60-80 brother . 100 is becoming slightly tachycardic (fast heart rate) you would have 100 if you had coffee or an energy drink. The more "in shape" you are cardiovascular wise the lower your resting heart rate will be. Long distance runners can be resting in the low 50's easy.

Last edited:
Mine is usually high 40s-mid 50s

68 for me

This is also usually where mine is and I don't like it. I want it to be lower but it seems nothing I do lowers it. When I was 30-40lbs lighter, it was lower.

This is also usually where mine is and I don't like it. I want it to be lower but it seems nothing I do lowers it. When I was 30-40lbs lighter, it was lower.

The doc informed me this is super healthy. Especially for a 40yr old. What's does she know?!?! :)

The doc informed me this is super healthy. Especially for a 40yr old. What's does she know?!?! :)

Maybe it is? That's kind of what I was hoping to get out of this thread

Mine is usually high 40s-mid 50s

damn, not bad

mine is always around 80

but im always on supraphysiological dosages of t3 and AAS too so theres the reason for that :rolleyes:
i know it gets much lower when i cruise

when i was natty and kinda out of shape i was usually around 70 iirc

Last edited:
68 is fine. Mine hovers in the high 60's to low 70's. Guys like Lance Armstrong are in the 50's but it's because they do a shit ton of cardio. I wouldn't worry unless your resting heart rate creeps up to the mid 80's and above.

Also is the number first thing in the morning the only time it matters? Because mine's slightly higher throughout the day than in the morning

I hover around mid 60 to 70.

I don't know what the ideal is but I felt the healthiest when I was doing endurance work and had it floating in the 40's to low 50's. That was pretty damn low!

Resting heart rate is largely hereditary though you can reduce that number about 25% thru diet, exercise. I
I used to bicycle 120+ miles per week and mine has never below 60bpm. I am satisfied to stay in the 60 to 70 range but I will never see 40 bpm

Also is the number first thing in the morning the only time it matters? Because mine's slightly higher throughout the day than in the morning

To get a baseline doing first thing is a good idea mate. In the day always going to fluctuate as we drink coffee supps etc etc. Even with no stimulants in system if u r stressed or thinking something stressful / little anxious it can vary .

I read somewhere ages ago u check it before u get off the bed first thing and put down your feet to get up n out of bed !lol bit extreme . I keep the machine next to my bed in a side cabinet and when I check I check it first thing . I feel its best as u get consistent baseline reading before your mind drifts into worldly stressful shit and this that and the other random bs . Hope it helps mate.

Last edited:
The lowest resting heart rate possible is the best. Your heart will beat as fast as it needs to to pump blood around your body. Lance Armstrong had a resting HR of 32 bpm during his prime.

High 40s to mid 50s for me. It used to be in the 60s till I stepped up cardio.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear