advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If alkaline water does nothing; why does an alkaline diet kill cancer?

Lene28

Registered
I was reading an old alkaline water thread and a lot of guys said you can change the PH of your urine but the organs/tissue stay pretty balanced with little variation.
If this is the case then how does alkaline water do nothing but if you get cancer people say an alkaline diet will starve the cancer and potentially heal you? I would think even having the fluid in your stomach and urine alkaline would have some benefit for a healthy person since those fluids are always in your body. Any thoughts on this?

I was reading an old alkaline water thread and a lot of guys said you can change the PH of your urine but the organs/tissue stay pretty balanced with little variation.
If this is the case then how does alkaline water do nothing but if you get cancer people say an alkaline diet will starve the cancer and potentially heal you? I would think even having the fluid in your stomach and urine alkaline would have some benefit for a healthy person since those fluids are always in your body. Any thoughts on this?

its physiology.

the short answer is ppl say a lot of things on the internet and ill save you some time... drinking baking soda isnt gonna cure cancer.

Cancer cells feed on glucose , you don't really need to be on an alkaline diet per say , a keto diet has been proven to slow the growth of cancer dramatically.

When my daughter had cancer we put her on a high vegetable diet moderate protein and fat and zer carbs and it definitely made a difference in slowing cancer growth.

All humans at this day in age have cancer and pre cancer cells , what we do to set it off and allow it to thrive is what makes the difference

Cancer cells feed on glucose , you don't really need to be on an alkaline diet per say , a keto diet has been proven to slow the growth of cancer dramatically.

When my daughter had cancer we put her on a high vegetable diet moderate protein and fat and zer carbs and it definitely made a difference in slowing cancer growth.

All humans at this day in age have cancer and pre cancer cells , what we do to set it off and allow it to thrive is what makes the difference

x2, some types of cancer are glucose dependent. A test can be performed to check the metabolic capacity of the cancer, and determine if a low carb/insulin diet is the right way to starve it out.

Frankly i see a lot of these threads recently about alkaline water/ foods.. I am a man of science, medicine, and facts. I tend to be swayed by what the data say, but in this case my personal experience has been alkaline food/water improves my system. I dont get involved in the debates, data vs anecdotal observation with an N;1 ( myself ) is a lose lose.

Listen to the posters above and lets put this whole PH thing to bed. You guys come here to get information and tips and there are a lot of smart people here that take time/energy out of their work day to make posts they already know the answers to - that is a donation to the membership. The PH stuff is snake oil. Several respected members have reiterated it, this is the second post on it I have seen lately. At best, you change the PH of your urine and stomach contents. You will not change the PH of blood and/or organs to any extent that matters. The science is rock solid on this. Everything else you see on the internet is BS, Palumbo is wrong, people are selling crap.

Focus more on anti inflammation diet (which you can control) - like a Mediterranean diet. Reduce processed carbs, sugars, etc. Increase wise fruit choices like berries (frozen blueberries = top choice and cheap, thaw for several servings a day, the goal is phytonutrients, also has 3.5 grams of fiber per cup). Dont use it as an excuse to carb binge on less ideal bananas and oranges (fructose). Increase vegetables, get crucifers in at least once a day (this is way harder than most think). Increase quality fats (avocado, almonds, olive oil, mac oil, coconut oil). Anytime I cook eggs I add macadamia oil. Its good on anything, has a light nutty, buttery taste. Add Omega-3/krill, curcumin, digestive enzymes, probiotics, etc. Limit Trans-fats. Pound fiber, after increasing vegetables, I would still recommend ANYONE to add metamucil or some other fiber product to your diet. A lot of guys in this lifestyle dont get near enough fiber.

Im running Keto now after a sloppy gaining phase this holiday season. I lost 10lbs of water instantly and I look and feel better than I have in the past 3-4 months. I really think going keto or at least low carb is a very healthy thing. I fast in AM when cutting and have coffee at the office with some isolated C8 MCT (from coconut oil - Bulletproof Brain Octain) and feel great. Brain uses it up for energy rather than glucose. No brain fog, etc. Carbs are a powerful tool and I think we overuse them in our diet. When you cycle and carb up for the week or whatever, you realize how powerful they are when insulin sensitivity is primed. Carbs are like a drug to be utilized and timed. Most of us should be eating low carb and then using carb cycling or at least only peri workout carbs only. When you are 260lb and on lots of gh/slin/t3, etc. you can utilize hundreds of grams of carbs a day but most of us under 240lb with typical gym rat drug usage (4iu or less of generic GH, rarely slin, etc.) will just get fat.

Last edited:
I would almost bet that some one that follows any sort of diet is going to be better off then the general population that eats processed foods and doesn't watch their nutrition levels. And the sort of people that control one area of their lives are more likely to be proactive in other areas as well.

All cells feed on glucose.

All cells feed on atp, but not all atp requires glycose to generate. Some cancer cells specifically require the breakdown of glucose to grow. Whole body metabolism of glucose and more so fructose results in oxidative stress which contributes to cancer growth. The acidic environment makes metasticizing easier by increasing tumor permeability into the blood stream.

Last edited:
Whether or not you eat glucose, your body will still produce it from "certain non-carbohydrate carbon substrates."

Has anyone ever had a PET scan?

If so have those showed you the images of how avid the lesion is compared to background?

Im not sure ppl understand the true difference between a normal cell metabolism of glucose and a cancer cell.

I am going to stay two things which may seem to contradict each other but then ill explain.

1. If you tried to starve north korea would the normal every day ppl die first or would the people getting first crack at all the food die first ( the gov and in our case cancer). Your normal body cells will downregulate before you are starting to really siphon any glucose away from a cancer cell. I can't even begin to discuss how much more avid it is then a normal cell. You think by reducing glucose in your diet it is really going to make a meaningful differnence to a cell that can bind and metabolize 100x more then a normal cell?? THis show poor understanding of cancer physiology.

2. Now i contradict myself because i recommend all ppl ( well ok most ppl) to generally keep simple carbs like sugar lower in there diets and have more protein, healthy fats, and complex carbs. I also think that exercise MAY cause a degree of glucose utlization that MAY take some glucose away from cancer cells due to glut 4 translocation. SO while it may seems a bit contradicting in general i think exercise and a diet lower in simple sugars MAY slow down some cancer growth and it keeps the person piece of mind and makes them feel better but in my heart of hearts i dont think its gonna make a difference for most cancers that are PET avid...its like pissing in the ocean.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131