YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IF and eating when hungry, but sometimes just not hungry?

BALDNAZI

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've had this problem for awhile now. There are days I just don't want to eat. Even heavy training days, sometimes just not interested in food. I always would end up force feeding because "your going to lose muscle, why did you just kill your self in the gym and not eat blah blah"

So I decided to IF and it really helped. The clock would start and I was hungry and eat however much I wanted for the feeding window and then stop at my cutoff. No problems.

But now even that is not working. Thirsty yea, I can put away water like nobody I know. Aminos and fruit in a smoothie a few times a day, easy. I go all out some days and load up on beef, rice, veggies whatever I want but then it just stops. Today I killed back, had my aminos/dextrose intra and a small meal right after training around 1am but ever since then not hungry at all. Just thirsty. It's hot so maybe it has something to do with it but honestly I get like this in winter too.

So if your supposed to listen to your body, what the hell do you do in this situation? It's yelling at me saying "not hungry"

Unless you are losing weight I wouldn't worry about it. Have you been losing over a period of time? If so, how much for how long?

I've had this problem for awhile now. There are days I just don't want to eat. Even heavy training days, sometimes just not interested in food. I always would end up force feeding because "your going to lose muscle, why did you just kill your self in the gym and not eat blah blah"

So I decided to IF and it really helped. The clock would start and I was hungry and eat however much I wanted for the feeding window and then stop at my cutoff. No problems.

But now even that is not working. Thirsty yea, I can put away water like nobody I know. Aminos and fruit in a smoothie a few times a day, easy. I go all out some days and load up on beef, rice, veggies whatever I want but then it just stops. Today I killed back, had my aminos/dextrose intra and a small meal right after training around 1am but ever since then not hungry at all. Just thirsty. It's hot so maybe it has something to do with it but honestly I get like this in winter too.

So if your supposed to listen to your body, what the hell do you do in this situation? It's yelling at me saying "not hungry"
How is your energy level overall? Is it low from not eating, or just low in general?

I've run into this before too at times. Two things I looked into were gear and stimulants. This might be obvious for some but took me a little while to realize because I don't get any real sides from either and am pretty moderate with the doses.

Obviously tren and orals are known to create some digestion issues and kill someone's appetite, but caffeine and stims in general can do it as well, even if you're one who doesn't "feel" much on stims.

If you take any caffeine/ephedrine/clen/nicotine/ect I'd try dropping them all for a week or two and see if that might be the culprit.

Do a liver cleanse/detox and maybe a laxative to clean up your pipes and you'll feel hunger again.

Also, have your gallbladder checked.

A healthy organism should feel the need to eat at least 3x a day.

What's your BF right now? Overall inflammation from high bf may cause this too.

No orals, and I don't think it's gear related because even during HRT which is most of the year this happens. I get not being hungry here and there but on training days too? That's a killer for me.

Bf% is not high. Lean and veiny everywhere except lower abs which is last to go. I hold my fat right there in the abdomen, I don't have love handles just lower ab fat.

Energy level on a daily basis is low. Bloods are good as I go every 3 months and doctor is always happy. No gall bladder as that was taken out years ago.

Maybe a cleanse as someone else stated would be in order. Or actually have one true fast day like most IF guys do to reboot.

Unless you are losing weight I wouldn't worry about it. Have you been losing over a period of time? If so, how much for how long?

Weight is steady now, I'm in recomp mode and it's working nicely. Just feel like I can be getting more muscle out of it if I can get that food in on training days. I look good, I'm happy but always want to squeeze the most out of this time of year.

Changing your macros/eating different type of foods during the window you're supposed to eat, might help getting hungry again.

You mention dextrose, fruits, rice, etc... well, maybe decrease your carbs for a few days - or even go a no carb route/full keto - and see what happens. Basically IF most of the day, keto when you eat, back to IF... do this for a few days then have a refeed with carbs.

Just thinking out loud here... :)

Changing your macros/eating different type of foods during the window you're supposed to eat, might help getting hungry again.

You mention dextrose, fruits, rice, etc... well, maybe decrease your carbs for a few days - or even go a no carb route/full keto - and see what happens. Basically IF most of the day, keto when you eat, back to IF... do this for a few days then have a refeed with carbs.

Yes. Been getting to keto slowly. Increasing fats and eliminating carbs after post workout meal. I think your right though, I'm a carb addict. I'm actually very hungry this morning (it's been awhile lol) so I will eat what I'm craving then strict out the rest of the day and try going full on keto tomorrow.

Taking a much needed training break until Wednesday so will try to rewire my system the next few days.

I was the type of person that never had an appetite and eating when hungry would not have worked for me. Now when I decided to stop permabulking and be under 10% bodyfat things changed. So I think being at a low bodyfat keeps the appetite up. This is probably do to being just overall healthier as well.

Edit- also peptides made a world of difference in my appetite.

Last edited:
I've run into this before too at times. Two things I looked into were gear and stimulants. This might be obvious for some but took me a little while to realize because I don't get any real sides from either and am pretty moderate with the doses.

Obviously tren and orals are known to create some digestion issues and kill someone's appetite, but caffeine and stims in general can do it as well, even if you're one who doesn't "feel" much on stims.

If you take any caffeine/ephedrine/clen/nicotine/ect I'd try dropping them all for a week or two and see if that might be the culprit.

BN i have the same issue some/most days...i think what AllDay said above is my problem.

I IF for 14-16 hours..end up eating 3 meals during the window and can barely get in enough protein during the meals because of the lack of appetite/hunger. Id pound the LBA's/Syraplex to make up for it..but that can be expensive.

I belive NYmuscle does this and get great results from it.

I'll ramp up food over the weeks. After a while it'll be so high I just don't feel like food. At all. I'm a bit stubborn so usually I force it for a bit but it just gets to a point where I can't stomach it. I drop my calories a bit and add a cap of DNP a day. After about 10 days I'm ravenous again. Works every time.

I have same problem. Right now I'm looking at pulled pork an patoto Salad, no way I can eat it enjoyable. Fruit, cottage cheese, shakes , go down easy. I learn to chase food with water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Without knowing much else I would hypothesize no gallbladder plus large feedings in short periods of time and high fats is a bad combination. Could be causing digestive distress and therefore no hunger signal but excessive thirst.

So what your not hungry, don't eat!!! If your not hungry and you don't eat as much and you end up loosing a lot of bodyfat but not any muscle you can bet your ass you become hungry then.
I don't even worry about it, hell I have days at a time where I have only eaten 1900 calories, then again I have gone days where I have eaten 4500 cals. EAT WHEN HUNGRY and don't even worry about it.

1. Eat nutritious diet
2. Train hard
3. Steady good hormone levels

You are good to go.

So what your not hungry, don't eat!!! If your not hungry and you don't eat as much and you end up loosing a lot of bodyfat but not any muscle you can bet your ass you become hungry then.
I don't even worry about it, hell I have days at a time where I have only eaten 1900 calories, then again I have gone days where I have eaten 4500 cals. EAT WHEN HUNGRY and don't even worry about it.

I get it bboy, just the years of the force feeding mentality finally went away with IF and I really enjoy it but then this happens. And i feel as if I'm not eating in my allotted time then I'm going to lose muscle.

But I hit my set point in weight and it doesn't change much scale wise, 10-15 lbs on cycle but recomp is key and I'm getting better at it as the years go by. 245 now, is better then last year, and better then the year before that so on and so forth. I will never be 300+lbs again and I don't want to be. Just always looking to maximize what I have. Have to get that stupid worry out of my head when I'm not in the mood to eat. The body knows and will tell me what to do. Just gotta listen.

My training and gear are on point, but diet is the key to it all. I just have to keep learning and evolving.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131