over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

IF and hypoglycemia - thoughts?

M@NU

Registered
Hey all,
I would like to know your thoughts about IF and hypoglycemia.
I am running IF since some months now and lately added metformin and
some other GDAs to my feast.
Well, since this time i felt a bit "off" during the fast and my energy was very low (until i have sipped on my pre workout).
I have minor headaches and cant really concentrate. Additionally, my pulse seems faster than before and i have very cold hands/feets
I had a blood panel done some days ago and it reveiled my fasting blood sugar of
This is too low, correct?
Can there be anythinf done besides stopping IF or stopping to take GDAs?
I love IF and i read so many benefits or GDAs but somehow my body aint quite happy with the combination.
Thanks guys!
Regards,
Manu

what gda are you taking? Metformin is not a gda, but will surely reduce your bg. 56 is low, not dangerous but still cause for concern.

It might help to consume sodium during your fast.

I know this one guy. He claims IF in terms of meals but supplements with shakes throughout the day, either bcaa's or protein shakes etc. technically not IF but that's what he deems IF

That would probably help the off feelings and ur still IF in a sense. Albeit ur insulin levels will still rise when taking those shakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also get low blood sugar when doing if, I cut carbs from my last meal and use coconut oil in last meal+ in my morning coffee and it really helps curb feeling like crap during the fast.

reports on IF messing the heart and rhythm do exist

Hey all,
I would like to know your thoughts about IF and hypoglycemia.
I am running IF since some months now and lately added metformin and
some other GDAs to my feast.
Well, since this time i felt a bit "off" during the fast and my energy was very low (until i have sipped on my pre workout).
I have minor headaches and cant really concentrate. Additionally, my pulse seems faster than before and i have very cold hands/feets
I had a blood panel done some days ago and it reveiled my fasting blood sugar of
This is too low, correct?
Can there be anythinf done besides stopping IF or stopping to take GDAs?
I love IF and i read so many benefits or GDAs but somehow my body aint quite happy with the combination.
Thanks guys!
Regards,
Manu

When do you fast (fasting window)? When do you take metformin? What kind of macro split do you have?

Yeah, I don't like the BG numbers there one bit... as others have mentioned, try something with sodium during the fast. Pick up some chicken broth and have a bowl or two of that. In addition, make sure you keep fluid intake up; that can help with the headaches. If things don't adjust and smooth out, IF may just not be for you.

there is no reason to be taking metformin while doing IF. Your blood glucose should be stable enough, not spiked up.

Hey all,

thanks for all the opinions!
I feast from 6-9 pm. I fast rest of the day, start sipping bcaas during workout @ 5 pm.
so basically feast 5-9.
I take metformin in the feast time, same with Assasinate from OL and 1 follidrone (dont know if these two are known...)
i dont drink anything with sodium during fast.
I could easily do that (we have beef broth @ work)
Macro split is around 300c/250p/60f
btw, Blood sugar was not 56 but 53, i have checked again

Hey all,

I feast from 6-9 pm. I fast rest of the day, start sipping bcaas during workout @ 5 pm.
so basically feast 5-9.
I take metformin in the feast time, same with Assasinate from OL and 1 follidrone (dont know if these two are known...)

assassinate is a fat burner and a nutrient partitioner, im sure that because of this its most likely helping to cause lower bloodsugar. your fasting for 21 hours? crazy!

Seems extreme Op, I suggest reconsidering the length of your fasting period.

Hey all,

so basically feast 5-9.

You need to drop the Metformin and Assasinate.

You're fasting for 21 hours per day. You don't need further assistance with insulin sensitivity nor nutrient partitioning, as both are already elevated due to resistance training and your fasting. On top of that, your BS is a concern.

Another issue, the way you're using Metformin isn't ideal either.

I would reconsider your fasting protocol and test BS again with no supps being used.

Hey all,

so basically feast 5-9.

That's a long time without eating. No wonder you feel like garbage. If you're going to continue that you should drop the metformin and whatever the fat burner is you're taking. Your cortisol is probably through the roof.

^^^ This is hard to believe and sounds unhealthy to me

why is it unhealthy?
i wait till post workout until i feast.
for cortisol control i take 7-keto and b-AET, maybe its still an issue, i dont know.
I am able to get in my macros in this timeframe without any problems..
@suppdude:
thanks for your opinion.
when should i take metformin in your opinion? I would like to keep it in due to
longevity advantages..
thanks for all ideas though.
Maybe i will put in a meal @ 1 pm consisting of fats and prot (2 eggs and a shake maybe..?)

Hey all,

so basically feast 5-9.

Drop the assasinate, follidrone and metformin. Check your BG. It should get better, specially after a few days.

You should know that most of the pathways you are trying to stimulate with those supplements are stimulated by fasting. Your feast period should be of synthesis, not catabolism.

Drop the assasinate, follidrone and metformin. Check your BG. It should get better, specially after a few days.

You should know that most of the pathways you are trying to stimulate with those supplements are stimulated by fasting. Your feast period should be of synthesis, not catabolism.

hey Lou,
thanks, will do!
what do you mean with "Your feast period should be of synthesis, not catabolism. "
those supplements are not catabolic in any way, arent they?

hey Lou,
thanks, will do!
what do you mean with "Your feast period should be of synthesis, not catabolism. "
those supplements are not catabolic in any way, arent they?

I mean that fasting activates catabolic pathways (AMPK, fatty acid oxidation, etc) and eating activates anabolic ones (mTOR, insulin, etc). You want a balance between both.

The potential benefits of fasting (and calorie restriction) are the same ones as why metformin is being tested as an effective CRM and antiaging drugs. I recommend you to read some more info on why CR, ADF, metformin, etc are thought to be anti aging and based on that information tailor your diet/lifestyle, not just take stuff because its "antiaging" or not.

I know this one guy. He claims IF in terms of meals but supplements with shakes throughout the day, either bcaa's or protein shakes etc. technically not IF but that's what he deems IF

Not IF AT ALL!!!

Whether solid food or a shake, a kcal is a kcal... fasting involves ZERO kcal, zero BCAA, nothing, nichts, nada!!! ;)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws