YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If Anyone ever quit Caffeine, what are your experiences?

UseButDontAbuse

Registered
I am off Caffeine for 3 days and i already feel a lot of benefits:

-Better Mood
-Less Anxiety
-Better Concentration
-Less brain fogginess
-Better Sleep
- Constant energy
-Eliminated my heart palpitations
-More Mind-Muscle Connection

I did not had any Withdrawal effects, but i was drinking just 2-3 expressos per day. I always was very sensitive to caffeine , so i though it was a good idea to quit it, glad i did.

Good for you! I'm a 3-5 cups per day and honestly feel like I'm about immune to caffeine. When I first started drinking it, a cup would give me a bit an anxiety, now I can drink the whole pot and be fine.

I did quit once years ago, but switched from 3-5 cups of coffee to 3-5 cups of green tea, and admit, I felt much better. Skin improved etc. Green tea is no doubt good for you, but still yield some caffeine, albeit, like 20% what coffee does.

I'd say if you are feeling better, hold the course. I believe for many like me, who have drank coffee for decades, daily, there would be long term withdrawals. I just don't see enough benefit to go through it, to leave my cups per day. Plus the latest studies show that coffee drinkers live longer lives. Go figure.

Last edited:
I've done stim breaks before but thats about it. Typically on a daily basis only have 400-600mg per day coming from coffee, monster ultra zero or rockstar zero, and a pre-workout if I feel the need after work.

I never experienced withdrawals during my time off, I just enjoy the types of drinks that contain caffeine is all.

I also found out I am a fast metabolizer of caffeine via the CYP1A2 fast metabolizer status, also related to the rs762551(A) allele.

I am a 1-2 cups of black coffee in the morning guy, and have been for years. I can be pretty cranky and develop a slight headache if I don't get my coffee fix. Maybe its just in my head? Hell, I don't know. I enjoy it every morning and don't have any plans to quit.

Not many people know this but one of those genetic test will tell you how you respond to caffeine. In my case, I am a fast caffeine metabolizer and don't respond to it as strongly to slower metabolizers. I can have plenty without feeling anything. It doesn't raise BP or heart rate for me at all.

Not many people know this but one of those genetic test will tell you how you respond to caffeine. In my case, I am a fast caffeine metabolizer and don't respond to it as strongly to slower metabolizers. I can have plenty without feeling anything. It doesn't raise BP or heart rate for me at all.

Read two posts up partner

More $ in my pocket. I was a Starbucks snob. Blonde roast...5x/wk.
Severe headaches for a few days after stopping then resolved.
Still do an infrequent French press at home if I'm cooking Sun breakfast. Only 100% Kona and mostly for the wife.

GI changes: That reg am cup/mug emptied the colon w/o fail. Without coffee its less frequent. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing?
I miss the "on point" feeling especially prior to legs.
Other than that I really don't miss it.

In all my five contest preps ive used caffeine and every time ive cycled completely off. least i used was 200, most ive used was 500. 500 I felt like too much although I was using ephedrine with it at 50 mgs a day

Im a lil under six weeks out and haven't used any caffeine or any stimulates.

Tips from expirience

- keep it moderate or lower. taper off, like if at 400 go to 200, for a week, then 100 , then off. Can transition into something like l tyrosine when coming off

When I quit I felt great for three days. Then after that I had a terrible headache everyday for a week and a half. Nothing would touch this headache. Just had to deal with it till it passed. But then I had all of those good effects that you named. I really can’t name another time in my life where I felt better

The only caffeine I intake once in a blue moon is from soda. I feel much better off of it for sure. Especially as I've gotten older, a few cups of coffee is enough to give me the jitters and palpitations. Like anything else, I think there is a huge genetic factor.

I've done stim breaks before but thats about it. Typically on a daily basis only have 400-600mg per day coming from coffee, monster ultra zero or rockstar zero, and a pre-workout if I feel the need after work.

I never experienced withdrawals during my time off, I just enjoy the types of drinks that contain caffeine is all.

I also found out I am a fast metabolizer of caffeine via the CYP1A2 fast metabolizer status, also related to the rs762551(A) allele.

Where do you go about testing for this?

I recently ceased drinking coffee as I'm having some sort of adrenal issues at the moment. Since stopping drinking coffee I definitely have less anxiety and less up and downs. It's funny how if you fight through being tired you end up on the other side and are fine thereafter and realize you didn't really need the coffee after all. Although I definitely love everything about coffee.

I recall dr Scott Stevenson mentioning the importance of taking at least one day off per week from all stims.

Where do you go about testing for this?

Get a 23andme dna test. I just got the ancestry then plugged my info into foundmyfitness and Prometheus. You could get the health part with 23andme also if you wanted.

Get a 23andme dna test. I just got the ancestry then plugged my info into foundmyfitness and Prometheus. You could get the health part with 23andme also if you wanted.

I got this test as well. Only the where im from part though.

Mt dad and I are 47 % alike, my mom and I are 49 % and my brother and I like 51 or 53 %

My brother got the caffeine test, he metabolizes it fast, so I can almost bet im the same or similar in caffeine metabolism

i've limited myself to one cup of coffee per day if that, my BP has gone down a lot since, less anxiety, more sleep

I probably wouldn't even notice a difference. Caffeine doesn't do much as I have a very high stim tolerance.

I do enjoy a few cups of coffee in the morning though for taste.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws