over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If it fits your macros diet?

thewizkid

Registered
Anyone do this diet?

Not to bodybuild or to compete but just living the fitness life style
Seems like many of the youtube fitness channels follow it and also even bodybuilders. Now whether it's optimal is questionable, but I am curious if anyone does this just to build and maintain a physique that is muscular and lean?
Looks like most of the food is whole food, but they also eat junk food/processed food as well.

I've never tried it but if people are doing it and it's working, I might try it.

You act like its something novel

Have you ever tracked your diet??? If so than that's iifym

Can someone look good eating what ever they want? Yes, plenty of guys can eat 3 meals per day of whatever, take 500mg test and look decent as long as they don't over eat and have ok genetics

Depends on what kind of physique you want, the bigger and leaner you want to be the stricter (higher quality) the diet will have to be.

But there is nothing wrong with eating junk food 2-3 times per week and it will not affect the way you look, 39 good meals per week, 3 bad ones works great for me

iifym doesnt mean eat whatever u want.
its more like u can be 90/10 or 80/20, eat mostly "clean" whatever the fuck that means, and then fill the rest with foods u actually like or want to eat.
i just got done reading a really good page on this a few minutes ago.
https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/clean-eating-vs-iifym/
best site ive seen for real info.

IIFYM is not a diet, it's a way of tracking your macros that is a bit more flexible than a regimented typical meal plan. I have been using these methods for about 6-7 years now and love it. I follow the 80/20 rule and am just mindful of food choice. I eat processed foods such as cereals, breads, granola bars, etc, but keep them as minimal as possible.

I do the "if it fits in my mouth" diet

It depends what foods you plan on consuming but in general, yea it should work unless you're completely forgoing anything healthy.

Not a fan . Food may be equicaloric but it's not equimetabolic. Have seen it work for some people who need variety.

pretty sure everyone follows this diet more or less. I mean if you're following Dave Pulcinella's 6 foods that work 100% of the time, you're going to develop some massive food allergies and intolerances in the long run. Of course if you take iifym to the extreme and try to eat x macros using the most processed foods possible, you'll likely develop some issues and negative health effects as well.

The principles behind what IIFYM is supposed to be is sound but taken to the extreme the same way the "bro" bodybuilding diet is. Keeping your diet diverse within whatever macros you set will greatly benefit your digestive health.

If you're in a maintenance phase i believe it works just as good as any other diet.

Dieting or gaining of it? i think there are better ways to do it....

But maintaining is possibly the easiest part of bodybuilding....

i don't eat chicken rice beef fish and potatoes all day so I guess I'm iifym... altho i am also not a competitor looking for the slightest edge to beat someone else in a contest... if i was i would be more strict... I'm also not huge which I'm sure would take more dedication.... but yesterdays food looked like-

4 large whole eggs,coffee w creamer + 2 tbs syraplex, 3 nutrigrain bars and a banana

double meat roast beef 12" sub on 6 grain bread w provolone, mayo/mustard oil and vinegar

pre training meal- few gulps egg whites, few mouthfuls syraplex, 4 nutrigrain bars (they were bogo at supermarket so i got 6 boxes lol)

intra shake- 3 scoops of gatorade powder (180g carbs, 10g creatine)

immediate post workout- 1/2 a small box fruit loops, with ~70g p from egg whites used in the cereal ... big bowl raspberry sherbet

large chicken breast with 2 cups rice, big bowl of the ranier cherries

50g iso shake, some cherries, and another gigantic bowl of sherbet

ate a nutri grain bar and a gulp of syraplex middle of nite when i pissed

Last edited:
It wasn't meant to be a "diet," but was just a way of answering the routine questions like "can I eat ___ post workout" or can I eat ____ before going to bed" type stuff. The answer: "yes If It Fits Your Macros." But then people started to get stupid and instead of having a few less nutritious choices for their carbs or fats or whatever, they started to compare getting most or all of your macros from mostly whole/unprocessed foods with crap (e.g., fruits/vegetables versus candy-corn/tootsie-rolls).

I think today many people include a DCA or discretionary calorie allowance where they eat healthy for most of their food choices and then allow a percentage (10% or so) to be WHATEVER they want.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws