over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If it fits your macros diet???

op....depends on how you are burning the cals...

and no I didn't read all the other posts (and don't care) .....its too vague of question to answer correctly

without properly seeing everything you are "eating"...doing" all day, it can't be answered

Part of my business is as a nutritionist. I've had several new clients ask about iifym. The problem with that is, it's typically asked by people too lazy to diet correctly and actually understand how to track macros. Generally, these ones don't want restrictions, and want to eat what they want to eat.
It's better to stick with a consistent, stricter program while recomping, or to achieve a goal. It'll go better, and teach you along the way.
If you're very familiar with nutrition, looking more to maintain... well then give it a try. But be educated about the approach
what have you learned???

gift of gab I see

I did it before prepping for a show

and got shredded.. as long you hit your protein requirement, fats and carbs are interchangeable. I won’t do it again for a show but for a mini cut, I would

You do real instinctive eating, not the type: i think i need pizza , but real following what body demand.

Don't get me wrong I have pizza and
So your saying , we all agree it's how you use it

For me I'll switch out chicken breast for the leanest pork - seriously this pork is freaken lean , especially after I cut off any fat
As for my carbs obviously you want high quality nutritional based - so if I'm going to switch - I'll do a partial say sourdough and rice same meal -
One thing I always look at in addition is glycemic index rating

On high high carb days some Skittles mixed in or w.e non fat
Key is don't go crazy but like myself I have hard time downing high carb days with 100% nutritional densed foods

Apple filling 🥧 yum

For sure I mean I don't even think we can assign it a definition it's just eating to meet your caloric goal and you make of it what you want from a strict "chicken and rice 6 meals a day" program to a poptarts and pizza.

The more advanced you are the better If it fits your macros works for you as advanced athletes make better choices in food, they always hit their protein amount, and are more likely to burn off and store as glycogen any processed crap that they do eat like cereal POST WORKOUT. simply they make better choices.

what have you learned???
There are plenty of educational classes, as well as lifes experiences over last 20yrs.
I've learned that people lean towards the path of least resistance. In the case of IIFYM, most don't know how to count properly, are winging, and believe they're more on point than they actually are.

gift of gab I see
Communication is important. Consistency always a value. Communicating on a professional, straightforward level with a client.
Some communicate, some are just full of drama and bs

I’ve definitely heard mixed reviews about if it fits your macros diet , just curious if anyone has tried it and what were your results? I guess the theory sounds plausible but real life results is a different story lol, any thoughts on this guys or ladies?
It's not a diet, it's math. Saying it doesnt work would just show an incomprehension of the principle. You should have an idea of your macros regardless and if you dont know them, it is easy to track what you eat. If you want to swap rice for pasta or bread, go for it. Turkey for fish or chicken, go for it.

It allows the flexibility to have a bag of candy and maybe cut a serving of rice in half for a meal or two. It allows you to plan ahead if you want to go out to eat and possibly keep fat and carbs low outside of that meal.

We all know by now that carbs are not essential and don't have some complex purpose. Thinking 50g carbs from sour patch is doing anything different than the equivalent from white rice is ridiculous.

Problem is the "diet" is strawmanned to the misconception that you would be replacing all your rice for candy or trying to hit your totals at mcdonalds.

There are shitty clean eaters who get zero variety and somehow despite being the righteous clean eater have god awful bloodwork and there are shitty flexible eaters who over indulge and sacrifice quality

So angry. Everyone here needs a Snickers.... IIFYM

Attachments

• 10h1qn.jpg
    10h1qn.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 5
The more advanced you are the better If it fits your macros works for you as advanced athletes make better choices in food, they always hit their protein amount, and are more likely to burn off and store as glycogen any processed crap that they do eat like cereal POST WORKOUT. simply they make better choices.
That’s my post workout “cheat” right there lol. Usually a halfway decent cereal like Cheerios with a sliced banana and vanilla protein powder on top

mega GURUS......lmaoooo

everyone knows more than the other....

you didn't know???

brad talks about ADVANCED.....well he is out of touch, 1% here is advanced

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads