over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If it fits your macros diet???

fitnessmuscle

Registered
I’ve definitely heard mixed reviews about if it fits your macros diet , just curious if anyone has tried it and what were your results? I guess the theory sounds plausible but real life results is a different story lol, any thoughts on this guys or ladies?

If you mean eating sugar all the time and drinking whey then no, but if for example you wanna have tortillas with chicken and home made muffins with stevia then result will be very similar - maybe even better as I always like to stuff my tortillas with a LOT of veggies. For
me this diet mean variety - this is good thing.

If you mean eating sugar all the time and drinking whey then no, but if for example you wanna have tortillas with chicken and home made muffins with stevia then result will be very similar - maybe even better as I always like to stuff my tortillas with a LOT of veggies. For
me this diet mean variety - this is good thing.
whey is an incredible good protein source, not sure why you are mocking it.
if it fits in your macros works to a certain extend.
switching between noodles, rice, couscous etc works perfectly. Switching rice for marshmallows - not so much.
same for protein sources - switching between different high quality sources (fish,chicken,beef, whey, casein etc) works perfectly fine.
Switching 50g protein from chicken to 50g protein from soy probably not so good

whey is an incredible good protein source, not sure why you are mocking it.
if it fits in your macros works to a certain extend.
switching between noodles, rice, couscous etc works perfectly. Switching rice for marshmallows - not so much.
same for protein sources - switching between different high quality sources (fish,chicken,beef, whey, casein etc) works perfectly fine.
Switching 50g protein from chicken to 50g protein from soy probably not so good
What i meant with whey was 5x day kinder bueno with shake 😁

For the average over weight person I think is feasible for a while but for an athlete that needs some sort of performance fuel from nutrition I think its dumb
If you're gonna eat make sure you food offers more than just empty calories

For myself i found that the more healthy, whole food i ate the better the results i would get.

I’ve definitely heard mixed reviews about if it fits your macros diet , just curious if anyone has tried it and what were your results? I guess the theory sounds plausible but real life results is a different story lol, any thoughts on this guys or ladies?
Part of my business is as a nutritionist. I've had several new clients ask about iifym. The problem with that is, it's typically asked by people too lazy to diet correctly and actually understand how to track macros. Generally, these ones don't want restrictions, and want to eat what they want to eat.
It's better to stick with a consistent, stricter program while recomping, or to achieve a goal. It'll go better, and teach you along the way.
If you're very familiar with nutrition, looking more to maintain... well then give it a try. But be educated about the approach

Part of my business is as a nutritionist. I've had several new clients ask about iifym. The problem with that is, it's typically asked by people too lazy to diet correctly and actually understand how to track macros. Generally, these ones don't want restrictions, and want to eat what they want to eat.
It's better to stick with a consistent, stricter program while recomping, or to achieve a goal. It'll go better, and teach you along the way.
If you're very familiar with nutrition, looking more to maintain... well then give it a try. But be educated about the approach
said it better than i could.

i have used it in prep when i felt i was gonna crack.
i was allowed 35gm carbs per meal. there were couple times at the end of prep i ate 35gm carbs in sour straws.
made sure it was post workout so hopfeully it was all put to glycogen in the muscle was my hope.

Like with anything common sense needs to be used. This approach doesn't usually work for most because the ones who are so keen on it usually have terrible eating habits and lack consistency. Now that doesn't mean the approach can't work and even for advanced people but again think logically. Haribo/sweets and soya/tofu are very different to potatoes and chicken/beef. Now if you have a sweet tooth could you add some haribo into a post workout meal for enjoyment and still get great results... yes. So even some "bad foods" can still be in great plans. However common sense needs to be used and for optimal results you want to be consuming foods that are nutrient dense.

A lot of people who want to follow iifym do so because they like junk food and again there is usually a big difference between filling your diet with McDonald's burgers or making your burgers at home from high quality ingredients. Now for the people who want to eat healthy but they just don't like the most common bodybuilding foods there are many healthy replacements. Not everyone needs to be eating chicken and rice to get great results. As M@NU posted you can rotate food sources if you require variety. If you don't want rice you can eat pasta, noodles etc. All just common sense and as long as you digest the foods efficiently and they make up the correct macros for your needs you will still get good results.

The ol pop tart and whey diet lol

Like others said if you swap turkey for ew or beef for chicken and fish oil total calories matter and nutrition

Iifym was a term I believe was used by a bunch of clown kids on bb.com who bragged of eating junk, whey, pop tart, Candy, kids cereal and they stayed lean cuz they were still in a defect

IMO a grown man using test training hard, like Phil Hernon says, you should be hungry. If your hungry cereal and pop tarts aren't going to fill you up you need wholesome nutrient dense foods. If I ate trix and pop tarts I could hit my daily 3k In a meal.

IMO alot of kids were able to use this diet because they don't have an appetite. I'd guess a combo of SSRI, Adderall, other various anti depression meds, rec drugs etc. I feel like I see alot of people now days that don't like food or say they have digestive issues or complain about eating. Not talking guys eating 7k I get that but some people are having trouble putting down 3-4k

Everyone has said all that needs to be said. People think too hard about it.

IIFYM got a bad rap from the bodybuildingdotcom crew ie "how many poptarts can you fit in bruh"

I use IIFYM and have for over a decade. For me it means hitting my calories and being able to do it with whatever high quality choice I want. If I want to eat fish all week and not chicken...great. Sometimes I want steak every day or I don't even want to look at rice and I prefer ezekial bread, english muffin, or a nice potato. Hey sometimes I want to eat and entire pineapple.

I don't think "Is it good or bad" is a good way to think of it. It's neither. It's focusing on caloric needs first with a high emphasis on quality foods but someone became "how many twinkies can you fit in broseph".

You can still meal prep if you like, you can still be insanely strict (some people just like that).

You'll even see on other sites or forums people will say "I don't like IIFYM because I like whole foods and healthier choices".

It's literally because the 15-25 year olds on bodybuilding. com from 2004-2015 bastardized it. IIFYM should be a whole food, healthy choice program that improves performance, health, and body composition while allowing you wiggle room for those choices.

IIFYM got a bad rap from the bodybuildingdotcom crew ie "how many poptarts can you fit in bruh"

I use IIFYM and have for over a decade. For me it means hitting my calories and being able to do it with whatever high quality choice I want. If I want to eat fish all week and not chicken...great. Sometimes I want steak every day or I don't even want to look at rice and I prefer ezekial bread, english muffin, or a nice potato. Hey sometimes I want to eat and entire pineapple.

I don't think "Is it good or bad" is a good way to think of it. It's neither. It's focusing on caloric needs first with a high emphasis on quality foods but someone became "how many twinkies can you fit in broseph".

You can still meal prep if you like, you can still be insanely strict (some people just like that).
You do real instinctive eating, not the type: i think i need pizza , but real following what body demand.

For the average over weight person I think is feasible for a while but for an athlete that needs some sort of performance fuel from nutrition I think its dumb
If you're gonna eat make sure you food offers more than just empty calories
gear takin bbers aint athletes...look at real athletes and their diets..most dont know shit about eating for performance and yet they're in the pros doin their thing....
everything reduces to glucose in the end.

So your saying , we all agree it's how you use it

For me I'll switch out chicken breast for the leanest pork - seriously this pork is freaken lean , especially after I cut off any fat
As for my carbs obviously you want high quality nutritional based - so if I'm going to switch - I'll do a partial say sourdough and rice same meal -
One thing I always look at in addition is glycemic index rating

On high high carb days some Skittles mixed in or w.e non fat
Key is don't go crazy but like myself I have hard time downing high carb days with 100% nutritional densed foods

Apple filling 🥧 yum

Jake Alvarez, an IFBB pro, DARCSPORT sponsored athlete gave me this diet when I hired him for my first show in 2014.

WTF. I dont have those genetics. Did not work for me

NUTRIENT DENSE FOOD > CRAP. Longevity > Ego Appeasal

gear takin bbers aint athletes...look at real athletes and their diets..most dont know shit about eating for performance and yet they're in the pros doin their thing....
are absolutely right , please enlighten us more more of your vast knowledge on professional athletes , performance and nutrition.
You are obviously an untapped keg of wisdom here that we have all been missing out on.

Athlete's are the genetic elite in performance but not always body composition

Maybe Lawrence Taylor and dk Metcalf can eat McDonald's and be ripped...but baker Mayfield and Russell Wilson and Mac Jones can't....otherwise they wouldn't have tits.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear