advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If you had $20k to invest...where would you put it in this economy?

Shockrock3

Registered
Newbies
Coming into a little extra $$ and looking for some quasi safe investments with a decent ROI. What are people's thoughts? Thanks.

Following

S&P index fund - no wealth manager has outperformed the S&P more than 3 years in a row.

Crypto albeit fun is speculative at best. Toss some money in there, go for it but it isn’t a sure thing.

Index funds have minimal fees and are managed for you. Put it in and as much more as possible and leave it alone for 20-30 years.

S&P index fund - no wealth manager has outperformed the S&P more than 3 years in a row.

Crypto albeit fun is speculative at best. Toss some money in there, go for it but it isn’t a sure thing.

Index funds have minimal fees and are managed for you. Put it in and as much more as possible and leave it alone for 20-30 years.

This would be the route I'd take as well. If I'm investing it, it's going in an index fund.

90% mutual funds, 10% crypto for that kind of money. If it was more, I'd look at real estate. Could even do REITs like 75% mutual funds, 15% reits 10% crypto.

With the markets being extra crazy, I'd definitely dollar cost average. Maybe split up $2k/a month over 1 year(skip 2 months). Go put $1800 in various mutual funds(like VOO, QQQM, VTI, 3-4 others) & $150 a month in BTC/$50 a month in ETH. And cross your fingers!

I Bonds look pretty good at the moment. I think they are paying at ~9%ATM. Other than that, hard assets. Oil and natural gas looks like would be going up since supply will be artificailly in short supply over then next...well as long as they want it to.

i dont think we have seen the bottom of anything yet, stock market or btc. i would wait. BTC could see 12k
WHEN the fed stop redeeming their shares....Lol but they are set to redeem more

I Bonds look pretty good at the moment. I think they are paying at ~9%ATM. Other than that, hard assets. Oil and natural gas looks like would be going up since supply will be artificailly in short supply over then next...well as long as they want it to.
Ditto. Hard to beat the I bonds... but can only do up to $9,500 I think (per person-entity)

Ditto. Hard to beat the I bonds... but can only do up to $9,500 I think (per person-entity)
You can get one $10,000 electronic bond per year and one $5,000 paper bond with your tax return. I know, it sounds weird but it's true. I wish I would have known about I Bonds 20 years ago. I would have been investing in these. Some of the financial experts are expecting I Bonds to go over 12% soon.

Have to remember bonds raise commensurately with inflation; making 12% on paper sounds fantastic but with inflationary downward pressure at 8% you are really only making 4%. For an absolute return fund a great resource to forecast future fiscal years fiduciary needs but as an asset class to grow and retire off... ehhh

Just my unsolicited 2 cents mate.

Any ETF that follows the S&P 500 index. Specially good to buy when the market comes down. I told my GF a couple months ago and her portfolio is up 50% with long holds.

I would not put it in anything! Buy something tangible, gold or silver. No matter what happens to the economy, that will always be needed.
guns and ammo also will always have value.
Yup...

Or I'd bury it out back with the rest of my life savings!! ;)

I would not put it in anything! Buy something tangible, gold or silver. No matter what happens to the economy, that will always be needed.
guns and ammo also will always have value.
Gold return vs. S&P return (with and without dividends) over the past 50 years...

Gold 2,530%
S&P w/out Dividends 3,420%
S&P w/ Dividends 14,351%

Not saying this to be disrespectful but if the economy ever goes to the point where you are trading guns and ammo people will simply kill you and take your stuff. We have seen this multiple times in rural Libya, Chad, Afghanistan, the Northern region of Iraq, and coastal cities of venezuela. All relatively peaceful areas before economic collapse.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 09-01-15 Stocks vs. Gold - 126 Year Chart Longtermtrends.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-01 at 09-01-15 Stocks vs. Gold - 126 Year Chart Longtermtrends.png
    81.4 KB · Views: 2
If you never bought gold or silver it's a good hedge against inflation. You can buy a couple thousand of that or up to 5,000.

The other you can use it to invest in real estate, maybe save it for when you get a mortgage and put it on down payment maybe. This will be my first option.

Everyone is different and some people might be better investing in real estate and some people might be better in the investment starting a business.

You could start a small business with that, with today's technology.

i'd put half in savings and the other half in crypto lol btc or eth.
Crypto wayyyyy too risky IMO- where to put it, not so sure. Everything seems like shit right now.

Gold return vs. S&P return (with and without dividends) over the past 50 years...

Gold 2,530%
S&P w/out Dividends 3,420%
S&P w/ Dividends 14,351%

Not saying this to be disrespectful but if the economy ever goes to the point where you are trading guns and ammo people will simply kill you and take your stuff. We have seen this multiple times in rural Libya, Chad, Afghanistan, the Northern region of Iraq, and coastal cities of venezuela. All relatively peaceful areas before economic collapse.
The value I was referring to with guns and ammo has nothing to do with trading! The value would be to protect your family and take what you need if necessary. I would rather be fully prepared than miserably sorry.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws