YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

If you had the genetics, Would you pursue competitive bodybuilding?

thethinker48

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Knowing what we know about competing at the highest level and against the best guys; if you guys had the genetics, Would you pursue it?

I'd hope that an elite response to training and everything else also translated athletically, and I'd maybe play football, rugby, or some other higher paying endeavor.

I love the individual aspect of bodybuilding, but not sure if I'd compete knowing what is needed to be done and the reward; but I've also never competed so can't tell you the other perspective.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I really enjoy the lifestyle and the history of the sport..

But I would definitely not want to compete in the open

Classic, if anything

Same here,

Love the sport and life style but personally I would not or am not interested in competing. I really dont care about others opinion on my physique and would not want that to dictate what I do.

I agree! If I had the true genetic potential I would like to think I'd pursue professional football (NFL) or even the MLB....or possibly even a career in the WWE. I love training hard and consistent and eating well enough to see consistent progress in my physique but I personally don't like the "look" of the top-level open men's bodybuilding competitors. Classic physique or even men's physique (Jeremy Buendia or Ryan Terry) is a much more appealing look for me to strive for. Plus, the money isn't there except for the very top-level guys.

If you lasted maybe 5 yrs in the NFL you'd be eligible for a very nice yearly retirement pension for the rest of your life....unless that has changed in the last 10 yrs. I'm not exactly sure what the minimum salary is for a guy who makes the 53 man roster of an NFL team but I'm thinking its close to $500K for the season. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong but either way it's a hearty sum of money. And if you can last a few years you'll qualify for the retirement pension which is something like a % of the average salaries you made while in the league. At least it used to work like this. That's why the average NFL career is 2.5 yrs. tho!

to decide to compete today is stupid. You really want to sign up for the politics of BB? Plus push the drugs? oh and all of this for a dog shit paycheck? lol no thanks. I would do the instagram thing and social media business stuff people do to make money these days. much better life they have.

Be the Artist

I think in today's society we get caught up in the winners and losers aspect. Failure is not an option, show me a good loser and I will show you a loser and all the other BS. Bodybuilding should be much more than that. A Bodybuilder should be an artist not a competitor. Sculpting one's body and creating one's art.

The concept of competing does seem a little silly. The quest for a trophy or some status. All this decided by a few a judges. For those that feel the need to be validated through wins or losses I would suggest team sports that implement a scoreboard. Then one can say "I won" "we won" and they can define themselves a winner or loser.

If the team concept doesn't appeal there is always tennis, golf, or combat sports. But even in combat sports one is subjected to judges and possibly the politics.

So in conclusion if you are the type of person that worries about politics, the rain, the moon, or anything else out of your control. And you are concerned that somehow your hard work will not get the recognition you deserve. If winning at all costs is important to you, then competing is not for you.

If you are a true artist and you want to create something that is unique to you. If you want to display your creation for everyone to see. And yes not only to praise but criticize and critique. If you can do it for those reasons then by all means compete.

Consider the contest like an art gallery. Your artwork is on display with other artists. Some will dig your art and other people won't. That's why Baskin and Robbins has more than 33 flavors of Ice Cream.

As a side note. This does not mean show up out of shape. On the contrary one needs to show up in the best possible shape their body will allow. As an artist only your best is worthy of critique. A half ass effort belongs with other art that doesn't make it out of the studio, in the trash can.

Last edited:
There are many guys at the top with good genetics. But how many can make a real long term living out of it. I had a large national company offer to sponsor me in my younger days. But figured a real job would be more likely to get me a very comfortable life. And I am content with where I am at.

Classic, if anything

Yep. I have a feeling if anyone would turn out to be the "Ronnie Colman" of classic it could turn out to be huge for them. That class is turning out incredible physiques. One more observation, classic hasn't turned out to be owned by any one superior genetic make up yet. Maybe that really just shines through in the extremes of the sport?

Classic, if anything

Good thing for you glute leanness is not factored in classic physique :p :)

Love the sport and how I look. But I better make a lot of money doing it. Where I lift all the competitors including Heath want me to compete. But money aside it's otherwise not my thing. Leaner waist like classic bodybuilding, yet huge shoulders and arms like the bigger gents.

Last edited:
cut my life short walking around 3 bills+, to be a turn off to most of the women I'm attracted to, be a constant pin cushion, to have less net worth than I do now...where do I sign up?

I have great genetics and did compete successfully for many years but the heart and soul of bodybuilding is you against yourself, not you against other competitors; after all it is a highly subjective "sport" and winning is never a guarantee. I competed for myself and not simply to win trophy's. I gave up competing years ago and have a very fulfilling life that I could never have had if I had pursued competition past my early 30's.

At my height I'd have to walk around at 300+ in the offseason. No thanks.

Love the sport and how I look. But I better make a lot of money doing it. Where I lift all the competitors including Heath want me to compete. But money aside it's otherwise not my thing. Leaner waist like classic bodybuilding, yet huge shoulders and arms like the bigger gents.

Mr Olympia thinks you belong on a stage? Must be a freak bro

I would absolutely compete if I had true genetic potential. Making a good living off of what I love to do would be a dream come true. Waking up and "work" would be gym, diet, photoshoots/shows. Fuck that would be amazing

Maybe if I really had a chance to win the O. I absolutely believe it is possible to reverse a lot of damage done from steroid use. The key is to monitor what is going on during the process so that things don't get too bad to the point you can't save yourself anymore.

Mr Olympia thinks you belong on a stage? Must be a freak bro

I wouldn't say freak but he came up to me saying he's seen me around and I have some serious shoulders.
I always cried jk

Yep. I have a feeling if anyone would turn out to be the "Ronnie Colman" of classic it could turn out to be huge for them. That class is turning out incredible physiques. One more observation, classic hasn't turned out to be owned by any one superior genetic make up yet. Maybe that really just shines through in the extremes of the sport?

I think Chris Bumstead has the potential to dominate that class.

If genetics include feeling great all the time while being big and not having apnea or any other nasty sides, I probably would. Not as a mass monster, though. More like as an aesthetic guy, like Levrone or Dexter.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws